[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's their agenda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: VEGU0ffo.jpg (23KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
VEGU0ffo.jpg
23KB, 512x512px
What's their agenda?
>>
>>70184387
pop
>>
>>70184387
I miss when they didn't focus so much on rap
>>
Progressivism
>>
>>70184460
This. The pop and rap meme ruined pitchfork.
>>
>>70184387
idk but the article on the coachella guy suggested boycotting every conservative-owned business so I'm going to guess it's something along the lines of W H I T E GENOCIDE
>>
>>70184521
I wouldn't mind if they focused on rap every now and then, but if you check out their top 100 best songs of 2016 list, it's almost entirely hip-hop and rap songs nobody cares about
>>
>>70184521
>>70184592

If people didn't care about pop and rap they wouldnt cover it
>>
File: 1438844495801.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438844495801.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
theyre owned by Conde Nast, the same people who own reddit and mother super ultra progressive causes

they believe in "thought crimes." If you believe bad thoughts, you should be fired from your job or your business should be boycotted.

they love hip hop and they hate white people
>>
>>70184612
People care about pop and rap because they cover it. Pitchfork has too much influence. They are a tastemaker. They say jump, all the faggot drones say "how high?"
>>
>>70184702
Correct

not many people would care about ______ if pitchfork decided not to cover it

this gives them great power. they dont have a competitor even close to their size or influence.

run the jewels comes to mind
>>
>>70184647
>sometimes people disagree with my theories on racial supremacy and listen to music I don't like so basically I live in a George Orwell novel

someone loves their victimhood
>>
>>70184831
I don't think Pitchfork "hates white people" or believes in thought crimes, but they've used terms like "manspreading" and "mansplaining" in their reviews, as well as decrying the "whiteness of indie" in an article.
>>
>>70184647
Also they're run by the guy who used to head The Onion, which you'll note has over the years changed from satire to thinly-veiled progressive pandering. In the age of online ads mainly driving profits for websites, journalism has to appeal to the lowest common denominator (base pop/rap music) and also foment sensationalism to get ez clicks ("Unbearable Whiteness"). The SocJus narrative helps reinforce the music taste: if it's made by women and/or PoC, it MUST be good! Music doesn't matter, context is everything. There was a thread today about MTV doing the exact same thing. People who don't care about such nonsense will click when they see such inflammatory headlines, while regular readers will feel comfortably validated for having the "correct" opinions about both music and politics.
>>
File: uSmokin'_George.png (286KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
uSmokin'_George.png
286KB, 500x374px
Pitchfork is run by, written for, and read by weak liberals. It is for those too cowardly or self-serving to fight capitalism, so they turn their attention to "cultural oppressions" like the Oscars not having enough black people or microaggressions on Twitter. Meanwhile people are literally dying on the street as "woke" pieces of shit "fight the power" by listening to Beyonce (who is literally the bourgeoisie as the owner of a sweatshop).
>>
>>70184647
>they hate white people

It's 2017, who DOESN'T hate white people?
>>
>>70184612
>If people didn't care about pop and rap they wouldnt cover it

YES, like radio stations that play what people like, right?

Before you say "yes!, people like that shit and they play because of it":
>Britney Spears releat an album with X songs.
>Radio stations play song 3 from this album, alot of times
>after some amount of weeks, they start to play the song 7 from the same album, alot of times.

If people like song 7 (what you assume, since you say they play what they play, because people like) they would be playing song 7 at the same time they played song 3, thats because according to you people like both songs, they play what people like and they were released at the same time.
>>
>>70184460
I miss when they didn't exist
fucking pleb
>>
>>70184415
Drake's VIEWS Out Now!
Bigger than life size game change album.
The greatest.
High life. Stay winning.
OVO thing. Zenit boys.

More Life coming sooooon though.
So soon.
Album of all Years. Ethernal music.
Stay fly, high quality .
You can't touch cause you're on the base. I'm so high, better threat me like the master.

A1 shit, real flames,
new tunes, new BLA$$ic,
Like GTV 17-0 ting,
more life, more tunes,
More top hot girls, big money
Yo, you just don't literally get it

CLASS OF THE ALMIGHTY
MULA, BABY

2017 $hit, CARTER V, hiTunes shit
More Life so soon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.