[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this album so fucking creepy and disturbing? There are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: WARPLP101_R_Packshot_800.jpg (123KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
WARPLP101_R_Packshot_800.jpg
123KB, 800x800px
Why is this album so fucking creepy and disturbing? There are loads of dark electronic albums but this one takes the cake. The ambiguity, the twisted nostalgia, the hauntological elements, the way it draws you in closer with its downtempo beats just to creep up on you with something sinister. How the fuck was this released in 2002 and how isn't there an album that's even remotely similar to this. I truly think this is the only truly psychedelic album ever made, not to mention the most mysterious. The way this album evokes images is truly something special and worth talking about.
>>
>>70183533
I just love all the little hidden details. I think it's been completely overanalysed to the point where people see stuff in it that actually aren't there or weren't intentional but despite this the depth of the album is pretty great. In terms of production it was a huge step up from MHTRTC, although personally I think MHTRTC is my personal favourite between the two.
>>
>>70183533
yeah, it's incredible, while it's not downright terrifying, it has that sense of dread, lie anything terrible could happen at any moment
>>
man an electronic album has never reasonated with me more, this got me into idm.

theres that strange 'lurking' that you cant shake the enitre listen through, its really intense. then compare geogaddi to say, MHTRTC, where that one is super organic and almost happy. its strange, even though they sound COMPLETLEY different, i see them as sister albums. they go together perfectly. i ordered both albums on vinyl and cd yesterday and im beyond happy, 10/10 lps.

i live in a slightly rundown town in russia, and im into a lot of urban exploration and writing what i find/see. i always just have geogaddi playing on loop. no other album comes close
>>
>>70183706
>urban exploration
Do you take photos? I love that stuff.
>>
>>70183706
oh man, I'm pretty jealous, I wish I lived somewhere where there's something interesting, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough
>>
>>70183533
You guys are fucking pussies
>>
>>70183809
more like we actually have some sort of imagination
>>
File: 1476211116343.jpg (1019KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1476211116343.jpg
1019KB, 3264x2448px
>>70183739
yes man, i got lotta photos. ill send a few

many are kinda uninteresting, lots of abandoned hotel rooms, schools, etc. rather cool
>>
I like that Geogaddi doesn't have a set time or location. MHTRTC is obviously in a well defined past but Geogaddi can be set in the pre-historic past or far future. Some songs make me think of island formations and ancient rituals, others of 60s cults and far off future events. It sort of encompasses the whole of world history.
>>
>>70184022
holy shit i never thought of that

crazy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.