[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Radiohead Song and Album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0739.jpg (53KB, 796x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0739.jpg
53KB, 796x420px
Fav album and song

Album: Kid A
Song: Morning Bell
>>
Song: How to Disappear Completely or Present Tense
>>
>>70183129
Album: Pablo Honey
Song: Creep
>>
- Exit Music
- Ok Computer

I only enjoyed half of the AMSP. Does anyone else feel the same way?
>>
>>70183252

It was an alright album.
Burn the Witch and TLW were hella good and rest of album was middle of the road

7/10
>>
File: 1479532621062.jpg (111KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1479532621062.jpg
111KB, 588x588px
>>70183312
>doesnt think Present Tense and Desert Island Disk are good

DELET THIS RIGHT NOW OR ELSE
>>
>>70183225
unironically this
>>
>>70183312
BTW was the worst song on the album though
>>
>Amnesiac
>Life In A Glasshouse
>>
>>70183312
I didn't like "Burn The Witch" nor "True Love Waits" (too painful for me). But I am not even a Radiohead fan, so my taste might be different. My favorite song was "Identikit". Really enjoyed "Daydreaming" as well.
>>
>>70183447
Good choice
Also nice radiohead reference trip
>>
>>70183532
Thank you! People rarely get it :)
>>
Song: Decks Dark or Motion Picture Soundtrack
>>
>>70183431
They weren't awful in fact desert island disc is one of my favorites just like it isn't a masterpiece it's around a 7/10 to me. Identik is my fav tho
>>
File: demy1.jpg (218KB, 1287x981px) Image search: [Google]
demy1.jpg
218KB, 1287x981px
>>70183129
Song: Motion Picture Soundtrack
>>
Kid A
Karma Police
>>
OP here

HTTT is actually damn good
>>
>>70183710
HTTT is very underrated. I feel like the running order is a bit cluttered so I ended up making a resequenced playlist similar to one Thom posted (except I changed his order slightly)

There There
2+2=5
The Gloaming
Sail to the Moon
Sit Down Stand Up
Go to Sleep
Where I End and You Begin
Myxomatosis
Scatterbrain
A Wolf at the Door

Anyone who doesn't like HTTT should try that order.
>>
Life in a Glasshouse
Amnesiac
>>70183814
thanks! i haven't listened to HTTT but to start im gonna do it that way
>>
In Rainbows
Jigsaw Falling into Place
>>
>>70183814
My alt track list -

The Gloaming
Scatterbrain
Sail To The Moon
2 + 2 = 5
Myxomatosis
Punch Up at A Wedding
Sit Down Stand Up
There There
I Will
Wolf at The Door
>>
>A Moon Shaped Pool
>Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 446x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 446x663px
>>70183932
EEEEDDDD
>>
Album: In Rainbows
Song: Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
>>
File: IMG_0742.jpg (197KB, 1489x1258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0742.jpg
197KB, 1489x1258px
SO YA THOUGHT YA
MIGHT LIKE TO
GO TO THE SHOW
>>
>>70183148
exactly this
>>
>>70183312
Serial-Position effect, any intelectual knows what i mean. Google it you fucking dimwit..
>>
Hail To The Thief
Knives Out (unless it's favorite from that album, then it's There There)

>>70183252

I adored AMSP personally. Thought there was something fantastic to every song, even my least favorite ones.
>>
Kid A
There there
>>
>>70183932

AMSP is basically "Weird Fishes: The Album" so this isn't surprising in the slightest. Also, it's totally the best song on IR.
>>
>>70183129
ABBA
Album: Voules-Vouz
Song: Does Your Mother Know
>>
>>70186345

I love weird fishes and I was underwhelmed by AMSP, so I don't know about that. I agree that a bunch of the songs are clearly in that in rainbows style, but I find them kind of boring/lacking tension on AMSP
>>
>>70186487

I think it's because they shoot for something different. IR is a tight, focused pop record whereas AMSP is much more sprawling and meandering, but also FAR more densely textured compared to anything else they've done. To me, Weird Fishes is very proto-AMSP in how it constantly builds and builds on its layering, and songs like Daydreaming, Ful Stop or The Numbers take that notion to the next level of tasteful execution. I can see how one would think it lacks tension but I don't think that's the point of the album either.
>>
>>70183129
Album: The Bends
Song: Street Spirit (Fade Out)
>>
Album: HTTT
Song: Videotape

HTTT the thief is good, but it's inconsistant unlike Kid A, Amnesiac and pretty much every album except pablo and AMSP
>>
OK Computer
Electioneering (no hate plz)
>>
>>70187110

I've always thought HTTT was consistent in mood, if not necessarily in style. Namely, in that it's consistently their most unrelentingly bleak album. HTTT kind of sounds like OKC through the lens of someone who lived through Kid A and Amnesiac and no longer has the will to care anymore. Everything's fucked, we're all oppressed and sick but so what? That's just how it is. The only glimmer of hope I find on the album is Sail To The Moon, and even that is awfully uncertain of itself. But yeah, in terms of musical style it's basically a retrospective of the band's career up to that point.
>>
The national anthem gets my dick hard
>>
>>70187237

Yes, that's what I mean when i said inconsistant, musically it's trying to find it's place after the band "departure" from rock (Kid A and Amnesiac) and struggling with going back to the style of the bends or continuing to be freaky. And it reflects in the way the album plays.

>>70183912
>>70183814

My problem with altering the track listing is that the album loses what's keeping it together: the narrative.

But i'm glad we agree "A wolf at the door" is a great closer to the album.
>>
True Love Waits live in Oslo
TKoL
>>
>>70183459
too painful as in what? like the lyrics emotionally or is the original too sacred to be redone?
>>
>>70184335
can someone explain? i want to know the joke help me
>>
>>70187408

I actually think Amnesiac was a return to rock form in some ways. Like, they kicked up the jazz and krautrock influences on it but they also toned down the IDM from Kid A and brought guitars more back to the forefront - sure, you had songs like Packt or Pulk/Pull, but you also had songs like You And Whose Army, Knives Out, and I Might Be Wrong that had more of a rock backbone than almost anything on Kid A. To that end, HTTT continued that trend of bringing their rock sound back a bit harder still with stuff like 2+2=5, There There, and Go To Sleep. I think they had a sense of progression going on but at the Amnesiac/HTTT point it was more of working on a "blend together everything we've done into a unified identity" angle before hitting paydirt with that goal on In Rainbows.
>>
>>70183129
national anthem/paranoid android
ok computer
>>
>>70187546

Ed has a tendency to sound like he's screaming his name with his background vocals, and Weird Fishes is a particularly prominent example of that. Listen to the part of the song that the comic is quoting.
>>
>>70187607
thanks anon
>>
>>70187562

I'm gonna have to relisten to it before I can say anything but i can see where you are coming from with amnesiac. But completely agree that In Rainbows is the culmination HTTT was building to.
>>
>>70183129
OKC
Let Down
>>
Kid A
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
>>
>>70187789
Literally this, PATRICIAN TASTE PHAM
>>
>>70183129
>In rainbows
>Bodysnatchers
>>
>In Rainbows
>Let Down
>>
>>70183312
True Love Waits got fucked imo, great song but slowing it down and making it piano-only turned it from one of Radiohead's best songs to a very middle-of-the-road one
>>
>>70189848

I couldn't disagree more. I think context plays a huge factor in its album version. Thom broke up with the love of his life for 20-something odd years, and she just died of cancer a couple weeks ago. All that really affects how I perceive that version. Yeah, they Videotape'd it, but this time it sounds like finding an old poem you wrote about your loved one in a dusty attic and reading it to yourself as the tears start to roll down your face. It's no longer the playful version it originally was, Thom doesn't seem to be that person anymore. What it is now is far more heart-wrenching, and in my opinion far more powerful for it.
>>
Surprised that no one mentioned Fake Plastic Trees yet
>>
>kid a
>everything in its right place
>>
>>70190440
Every version of Videotape is amazing in its own right though. Even if they had just reduced it to piano-only on the album like TLW I think it could have worked. Maybe it's the differences in the song or maybe it's that the version we already had was pretty stripped-back but I think cutting down Videotape worked a lot better.
>>
I listened to The Bends and OK Computer on cassette tapes way too much when I was like 14 and it burnt me out too much to really give the rest of their albums proper attention. Heard them but weren't memorable past my early phase.

Talk Show Host is one of my favorite songs of all time, besides my favorite RH song
>>
Fav song:Jigsaw falling into place
Fav album:Amnesiac
>>
Kid A
You and Whose Army?
>>
In Rainbows
Nude
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.