[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

because the inter.net

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20161210-132146.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161210-132146.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Whats /mu/ opinion on this album
I rediscovered it and it brings a feeling of nostalgia (especially from 3005, Telegraph Ave., and Pink Toes) ive been nonstop listening to thisnfor 3 months already
>>
>>70174522
Gambino has an exceptional play on words, i remember listening to some other rapper and their rhymes were pointless meanwhile gambinos rhymes were relevant to what they talked about, almost as if he used puns but with real words
>>
I think this album is massively overrated by its fans. When I listen to it, while all of it is technically "ok" it feels emotionally hollow. This album completely lacks any highlight moments for me. It just flows by leaving no discernible impact on me and then when it's over I feel literally nothing. It is just hollow, impactless art.
>>
>>70174555
I lowkey feel that way with Awaken My Love
>>
>>70174522
one of my favorite albums of all-time. I have it on vinyl and CD.
>>
Extremely talented guy, and Atlanta is a great show.
>>
Amazing album, but I think I prefer "camp".
>>
I like it. Love the lyrics on songs such as Sweatpants and 3005. My only real complaint are some of the instrumentals, which sound incredibly cheap. Especially on 3005, it's so obnoxious to my ears sometimes.

Also, fucking amazing album artwork. So simple, yet so effective. I actually dislike the artwork on Awaken, My Love. Like, what the fuck is that?
>>
>>70174555
This, t b h. Seems line bambino could do try a lot harder, but apparently it was never supposed to be a rap album in the first place.

>>70174592
Listen to Redbone, Baby Boy and Stand Tall. All three are packed with emotion, he practically cries on Baby Boy. And the lyrics are addressed to his son which adds an element of meaning for me, rather than whining about how he has no friends on Sweatpants
>>
>>70176417
How can you have such strong opinions about the artwork if they are both the same thing? Literally a picture of someone's face with a filter. Both are kinda lame but at least AML has meaning and links to the album.
>>
>>70174522

P L E B T H R E A D
>>
>>70174522
i havent really got into any gambino album, i havent even listen to this at a whole once, but i liked some tracks on here like the singles, i have listened to AML more but still the same thing with bti, not even the whole thing, i have to listen to this more tho
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.