[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future Influential Bands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

Post artists that you think will have a significant influence on music in the future.

My money is on iceage, even though I think their music is just alright

I think their whole aesthetic and image of 4 teenagers that dropped out of highschool and went straight to touring internationally is enough to make any kid in the world want to start a band

I'm curious to hear what others have to say
>>
You can't have an influence if no one know who's you are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhaYi8tXzc
>>
I feel like psychedelic noise rock will be a big meme in the coming years, Les Rallizes Denudes is getting tons of attention
>>
Dogs on Acid.

They will definitely be known soon. Check them out.
>>
Hunter Hunt Hendrix. Spiritual, philosophical, and unappologetically serious. Not only for the creative vistas it opens up, but because it is also aesthethic.
>>
>>70161260
If Iceage's next album is amazing I could see people naming them as an influence
>>70161538
I hope so
>>70161598
Good but very generic
>>
File: Deafheaven_-_Sunbather_2013.png (50KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
Deafheaven_-_Sunbather_2013.png
50KB, 220x220px
Like it or not, this album is already proving to be hugely influential.
>>
>>70161943
Iceage probably won't release another til 2018 since Elias is still doing the whole marching church thing.
>>
it's actually really cool to think about what albums will be hailed as classics in 20 years
>>
>>70161989
>hugely influential
in trying to bridge black metal to the mainstream, yeah
>>
iceage so suckkk
>>
>>70162208
Yeah not only that but almost any blackgaze that's released nowadays is basically compared too and held up against the standard that Sunbather set.

And not only that, but just listen to Oathbreaker, they completely ditched their crust influence and became Deafheaven knockoffs on their last album. I can see this album having a huge influence on many more metal bands in the future.
>>
>>70161260
21 Pilots will be very influential even though they suck.
>>
>>70161538
It was already popular at the beginning of the decade.
>>
>>70161260
>I think their whole aesthetic and image of 4 teenagers that dropped out of highschool and went straight to touring internationally is enough to make any kid in the world want to start a band
are you kidding me he said in an interview he makes less money than some kid who works at a grocery store
nah man that age of ppl going poor for music is dead.
kids today want to be some kind of pop star or ghostwrite for them
the actual diy punk/hardcore scene already does that and nobody still knows about majority of them
>>
>>70161260
Car Seat Headrest
Nichard Dixon
Cows II
Oasis
>>
>>
>>70162331
this is half right
>>
File: 1476816723933.png (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476816723933.png
206KB, 800x800px
>>70162529
>Car Seat Headrest
They just have a generic indie rock sound, if anything people will simply continue to be influenced by the bands that influenced CSH (i.e. GBV) rather than CSH themselves.

>Nichard Dixon
kek no fucking way you deluded fuck.

>Cows II
Literally who?

> Oasis
They haven't done anything good or relevant since the 90's so their status as a "modern" band is highly questionable. Their time to be influential has come and gone. Britpop is dead.
>>
>>70162331
>>70162566
What influences will they have on music? They literally bring nothing new to the table
>>
You know it's true.
>>
File: IMG_0475_bw.jpg (4MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475_bw.jpg
4MB, 3648x2736px
Sufjan Stevens
>>
death grips
>>
>>70161598
didn't they just break up?
>>
File: converge2012-500x250.jpg (36KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
converge2012-500x250.jpg
36KB, 500x250px
>>70161260
these fellas right here
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.