[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

thoughts on this masterpiece?
>>
i like everything about it except for the metalcore style growls
>>
i like everything about it
>>
>>70159101
>i like everything about it except for the metalcore style growls

just wanted to add that i don't hate them and they don't mess up the experience for me

just the weaker (but still ok) part of the album, i like his cleans
>>
Why did this suck so much?

Paarthurnax 2: Future Sequence was pretty good and then they turned into a shitty muse/dream theater hybrid
>>
Still their best and probably one of the best metal albums ever made.

They're one of the few bands who can many structure riffs together and it still sounds coherent. On top of that this album has a lot of solid recurring ideas too.
>>
>>70159497
>They're one of the few bands who can many structure riffs together and it still sounds coherent.

I never got the "wank" comments towards this yeah it's complex but he's never just noodling
>>
MY TEETH TASTE FUNNY TODAY
>>
>>70159439
>Paarthurnax 2

What?
>>
>>70159101
Yeah, his harsh vocals are so bad and they never really let up. That and some of the silly parts like the cowboy hoedown and the polka section are the only problems I have with it
>>
>>70158471
FLOATING TOWARDS THE SUN
>>
>>70160051
My thoughts exactly. I wish they would remaster this record with cleaner/tighter vocals and removing that polka section, it's really not needed
>>
>>70158471
Colors is incredible. One of my favorite albums of all time, the first time I saw them live was when they were touring for this album too. Amazing show.

>>70159439
I felt similarly about Coma Ecliptic at first but it grew on me big time.

>>70159497
>>70159668
very true
>>
>>70158471
It's now good as scaruffi approved it
>>
File: 1473805417472.jpg (22KB, 268x267px) Image search: [Google]
1473805417472.jpg
22KB, 268x267px
This was probably my favorite album in my freshman year of high school. Got to see them live too.

I pretty much stopped listening to them after the Great Misdirect came out. In my opinion, Alaska and Colors are their only albums worth listening to.
>>
>>70161637
Jake is that you?
>>
>>70161637
TP2 is one of the best things they've ever done. You should give it another chance.
>>
>>70159439
I don't really get the hate this album gets. The only song on it that's very unlike them in terms of quality is The Ectopic Stroll and even in that song I can hear that 80s Crimson influence.
>>
>>70158471
Literally the greatest album of all time.
>>
>>70158471
scruffy said it's good
>>
They were my favorite band for a while. Blake Richardson is the reason I started playing drums. I've grown out of them a bit but I listened to Parallax I the other day and enjoyed it more than I ever have. They haven't been as good since TGM due to all the experimenting but they're still a solid band.

When will they do another cover album? I haven't listened to their Bohemian Rhapsody cover because I don't really like that song but I bet it's alright.
>>
>>70159696
THEY SEEM MORE JAGGED THAN NORMAL
>>
>>70160051
>the cowboy hoedown
it's used to change the key of the song and adds to the mood by evoking a certain scenery thanks to association/kitsch factor. the ending of the song wouldn't be as good without it
>>
>>70163924
I'm with you on Richardson. He's one of my favorite drummers too and one of the reasons I started playing as well.

Bohemian Rhapsody cover is ok, the other song Vertical Beta 461 from the Alaska sessions is way better though.
>>
>>70163977

I'VE BEEN TOLD

I'VE BEEN TOLD

I'VE BEEN TOLD
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.