[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can they get away with this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

File: p4kshit.jpg (240KB, 1120x1248px) Image search: [Google]
p4kshit.jpg
240KB, 1120x1248px
how can they get away with this
>>
how can you get away that get
>>
Did life of pablo actually get 9/10 there? What the fuck.
>>
>>70155555
nothing is wrong with that though
>>
>>70155589
It's a great record, one of Kanye's best
>>
>>70155555
Black people are not allowed to be experimental
>>
>>70155600
bbf has more substantial sociopolitical commentary on blackness than any of this pop trash being praised for being brave or whatever the fuck
>>
>>70155657
>2017
>any hope for pitchfork's "journalistic quality"
They're hacks, and this has been established for some time
>>
>>70155772
i just wanted the quints desu
>>
>>70155657
maybe, but it's mediocre anyway, so there's no way it's better than 6.0
>>
>>70155555
dean blunt doesn't talk to them and he goes against the current blackness they wanna promote aka lets blame white ppl for everything.
>>
>>70155555
pitchfork has different shitty writers write reviews for different shitty albums and sometimes they guess correctly
>>
>>70155793
black metal is better than both lemonade and blood oranges album and that barely got an 7.
obviously pitchfork has a agenda against certain blacks
>>
>>70155657
>caring about lyrics
not that I'm defending p4k but can you please go back to >>>/reddit
>>
>>70155825
how is black metal much better than lemonade and blood oranges album?
>>
>>70155882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQs6RkzNlLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAQ1SbnXsCQ

I have yet to find any album in existence sounding like it.

blood orange really wears his 80s influence on his sleeve that just makes me wanna listen to 80s albums not his.
>>
>>70155947
never understood what's so special about this album. both female and male vocals?
it's one of the least interesting hypnagogic pop albums i've ever heard
>>
>>70155555
Because BBF sucked fat british cock
>>
>>70155657
i agree with you famalam don't listen to these other drones, bbf was my second favorite record from last year
>>
>>70155947
What's so great about this? It's dean noodling over an extremely boring chord porgression, the vocals and lyrics are also pretty fucking lackluster. I guess if you're into lackadaisical, uninspired sounding music this is your plate right here...that's not my style though. There's hypnogogic pop music, then there's this. Bland uninspired repetitive arrangements with some really sub-par singing over it that people like to tote as "genius".

Dean Blunt is a hack.
>>
>>70156077
>both female and male vocals?
100 is sampled female vocals from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk4Wp4vMDMo
>>
>>70156127
how are these hypnogogic pop?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKCPATqf4Ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9wvqhUmQjU

do you even know what hypnogogic pop is?
>>
>>70156145
so just because all the female vocals are samples it sounds special?
>I have yet to find any album in existence sounding like it.
>>
>>70156190
only 100 is sampled vocals
the rest are from joanna robertson. doesn't seem like you even listened to the album
>>
>>70156225
i've listened to this album
can you please explain what's so special about its sound and why it's so much better than lemonade and that blood oranges album
>>
>>70156167
Yes I know what hypnogogic pop is, and maybe it doesn't accurately describe the body of work you are sharing but it still has that dream-state feeling to it which I am sure many of Dean's fans seek him out for.

Regardless of what genre it is, it's boring. I've tried and tried to like Dean Blunt but it just never comes to fruition. I don't see what you guys obsess over him for.
>>
>>70156250
then how come you didn't know only one song was sampled vocals?
>>
>>70155589
>>70155636

Been a Kanye fan since the All Falls Down video (pushing 15 years), and Pablo contains some of his downright finest material. As a whole it's nowhere near a 9.0, but the tracks that are good (there's a handful) are among the best tracks this decade, and for that it definitely deserves that kind of rating.

Pablo is probably better than Yeezus, which received an even higher rating.
>>
>>70156307
Pablo is definitely better than Yeezus and TurboGrafx16 will be a return to his roots, while still using techniques and ideas from his latest work. Calling it now. A nostalgia inducing West-fest.
>>
>>70156302
i've listened to it 2 years ago, and i've never been into hype williams or his solo works really, his voice always sounds like samples from 80s

so are you going to explain?
>>
>>70156302
nice straw man argument.
>>
>>70155947
I'm super confused right now.

I've never listened to even one second of Dean Blunt, but I always assumed he was a modern MC and was expecting generic rap.

What the fuck is this? Is he not a rapper at all?
>>
>>70156327
no thats fine he isn't your guy
>>70156343
i wasn't gonna waste 30 minutes writing an in depth analysis on all three albums track by track if the person just listened to the album one and discarded it.
>>70156361
he started out making shitty lofi folk music then lofi dub then sampling indie rock and pink floyd. his hip hop stuff imo is his weakest
>>
>>70155555
I would never defend P4K first off ...

But, im a huge Dean Blunt/Hype Williams fan and i found the BBF album to be highly overrated purely because of media jerk circles. The collaborative tracks were really the only worthwhile ideas. the original Dean Blunt release titled Babyfather was the best thing releated to the name. Platinum Tears was weak too and because Dean has so many "yes men" around him he did 419 which was also weak.

I think he'll drop the Babyfather name though as he does with everything.
>>
>>70155555
I agree, OP, TLOP was definitively a 10.
>>
>>70156407
so you're not going to prove your words by anything?
that's nice
seems like p4k haters are literally on the same level with p4k drones lol
>>
Freetown Sound is the best album there, Babyfather is circlejerked among the hipster circles in the same way as tlop among dudebros and hypebeasts
>>
>>70155772
>wanting "journalistic quality" in reviews and think pieces
Gosh, you're a moron.
>>
>>70156437
you can read my review on my blog. if you need me to write extra I will :)
http://marcelsmusicjournal.com/post/120984362148/album-review-dean-blunt-babyfather
>>
>>70156515
but i asked you about Black Metal
>>
>>70156536
what about it? not a fan of the genre tbqh
>>
>>70156558
>>70155947
>>70156077
>>70156250
>>70156327
>>
>>70156558
so you're not going to prove your words by anything?
that's nice
seems like p4k haters are literally on the same level with p4k drones lol
>>
>>70156611
prove what? Im a fan of black metal? go ask /metal/
>>
File: 1391553568809.jpg (40KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1391553568809.jpg
40KB, 375x375px
>>70156558
>>
>>70156632
but we were talking about Dean Blunt's Black Metal album
you forgot? see: >>70155947
>>
>>70156657
hmm that reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6fwfBKCIQ
>>
>tfw a guy can't explain why dean blunt is much better than beyonce
kek
>>
>>70156657
blunt's music is a lot about becoming himself or finding himself as a black man in a white society. as a producer he is able to seamlessly incorporate samples and play with different tropes and themes. I think his solo music before babyfather suffered from being too hazy, but i think it works for the product. i like black metal and the redeemer and stone island but i prefer his rap releases. they offer a more pointed cultural commentary, and i think he has matured as an artist
>>
>>70156323
i so hope this is true, lots of signs that its gonna be like that too
>>
>>70156802
it doesn't explain what's so special about the sound of Dean Blunt's Black Metal album, and why it's so much better than lemonade and that blood oranges album though
>>
>>70156759
>he doesn't get it
>>
>>70156886
i liked that black metal album a lot
it's just so miserably how you decided to turn this conversation into a meme instead of actully proving your words it's actually fun
>>
>>70156921
Black metal isn't a good album
>>
>>70156950
why
>>
>>70157007
you tell me why its good
>>
>>70157048
i never said it's good, i only said i like it
you tell me why it's bad
>>
>>70157077
don't like his monotone voice and gets boring after heavy
why did you like it.
>>
>>70156515
lmao your reviews are the most laughable things i've ever read
>>
>>70157136
i like the melodies, but overall this album is really mediocre, it's weird p4k gave it more than 6.0
>>
>>70156864
tbhonest i don't think the sound of black metal is that experimental or incredible. it is primarily a pop album. his production is impressive and the emotions and energy of the album vary a lot without sounding disjointed. the main reason blunt is better than the other artists is because his message is more valuable and interesting. beyonce and blood orange's music at best is a vehicle to promote the commentary they bastardize, at worst it promotes the victim/inferiority complex of minority populations in white society. their music is more catchy and accessible, which could mean better in some ways, but it does nothing to experiment. and blood orange is so sickeningly rooted in a nostalgic pop sound it's hard to take seriously
>>
>>70157185
yeah I agree
>>
>>70157196
>the main reason blunt is better than the other artists is because his message is more valuable and interesting
>>70155838
>>
>>70155657

All the reviewers of those albums are white. They can't understand statements on blackness unless the artists explicitly spell it out like a schoolteacher. Anything more complex than "don't touch my hair" is beyond them.
>>
>>70155579
/thread
>>
>>70156323
I'm all for it, but I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

Kanye surrounds himself with current artists, ones he deems 'innovative' artists, artists that come from the soundcloud era of producers/rappers. They come from a different school of songwriting than the people Kanye came up with.

These people do not write 'songs' in the traditional sense. You know, beginning, middle, end, some sort of story/overall moral to the lyrics and a musical journey that follows suit. These guys 'make beats'.

Kanye used to do both, and very well. He's contributed to the great American songbook, Metro Boomin has only contributed to some high schooler's iPhone playlist.

Now of course styles are changing and that is a GOOD thing, but some people forget just how good a songwriter Yeezy was in his early years. He was writing songs that the same people who applauded Carole King, Paul Simon, Marvin Gaye etc. etc. could recognize as great songs. Everybody and they're momma knew Kanye's music. Not the man. The music.

That was my main gripe with Pablo, that the songs don't really mean anything on their own (with the exception maybe of "Real Friends" which is pretty clear what it's about and what you're supposed to reflect on upon hearing it). Compositionally, musically, stylistically, I like Kanye's last three records MORE than his earlier work. But in terms of really sitting down and writing, getting to the core of the song and trying to express something larger is just not there.

For example. Somebody please tell me what the FUCK a song like "Waves" is supposed to be about? He's talking about stealing somebody's bitch, then he's talking about being caged like a bird, then he won't ever lie to you... the song sound tremendous, but what the actual fuck are you saying? Kanye needs to focus on the writing and less on the aesthetic to go back to his former glory. I don't think he has the focus for that at this point.
>>
>>70157861
anybody gonna touch on this?
>>
>>70156407
When did he make lo fi folk?
>>
>>70156558
Ahahahahah
>>
>>70157861
waves is such an overrated song. ive had people tell me its their favorite kanye song lol. its clearly unfinished
>>
>>70155636
>>70156307
it's garbage
>>
>>70157528
That's false. 2 of the reviewers are white. Why pull facts out of your ass? Just google it next time.
>>
>>70155657
hi marcel
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.