[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Sting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sting.jpg (109KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
sting.jpg
109KB, 1200x628px
>hear that he released a new album on late 2016
>figure it cant be worse than that atrocious "the last ship" trash
>everyone mentions how he went back to his rock roots
>listen to it
>only the first song is rock and the rest of the songs are weak as fuck

What the fuck happened? His old albums are fucking gold and then he adopted that retarded made up accent and started doing too many fucking extravagant shit. This is actually fucking worst or at least on par with the last ship. Wht happened?
>>
he became Stung
>>
>what the fuck happened

Pretty simple: his time has passed. He is burned out. Name me a single "old school" band/musician that made a recent revival that didnt end up being total shit. It was obvious he was already losing creativity for a while now. Symphonicities was a desperate attempt to stay relevant. He didnt have to worry about being called a rehasher because the symphonic arrangements were fun, and he didnt have to worry about people criticising his weakened creativity because theyre all covers of his most popular songs. It was a pretty safe bet.

He still doesnt know what he wants to be in many of his albums. Say what you want about TLS but at least it was pretty consistent. Making so much genre swapping in one album always ends up with disaster.
>>
>>70150185
Yeah i was pretty confused at the "rock" label. I wouldnt even call this "new age".

Petrol head starts great and thn it fucks off to some random rnb/country/hard rock abortion

>>70150303
Judas priest revival was pretty decent.

Iron maiden's was shit
Slayer went full fedora tippers
Hate to say it, but maybe that faggot cobain was right. Better to go out in a blaze than fade away
>>
Holy shit is that what he looks like without all the makeup
>>
>>70150185
he stopped wrestling a while ago bruh
>>
I like Heading South On The Great North Road

basically, he's just too old to rock and shouldn't try to
>>
Whoawhoawhoa. Hold on there, Stingy my man. Didn't you say a few years ago you were too old to be prancing around on a music video and you needed some new way to express yourself and you instead were going to write Broadway musicals and shit?
>>
>>70150185
That would be a good cover for a jazz album.
>>
>>70151016
>>70150185

I swear this guy is all over the fucking place.
Like he seriously cant decide which music genre he wants to represent. Jazz album art, country singing, rock intros, blues and rnb rhythms, reggae instruments, romantic lyrics, hard rock progression

All in one fucking album. Sting has been irrelevant to me after 10ST
>>
He was always the worst part of The Police
>>
>>70150303
>Name me a single "old school" band/musician that made a recent revival that didnt end up being total shit.
David Bowie, Leonard Cohen, Jeff Lynne, The Monkees, Keith Richards, The Sonics, The Pretty Things,... the list goes on
>>
He's been something like a less inspired Peter Gabriel for years.
>>
The fact is Stew and Andy kinda were the only guys who could ever tell Sting to speed up. The interesting drums weren't created by Sting, the colorful guitar effects and most of the Police's riffs were Andy's. They could check and balance each other out. Whereas Sting couldn't get above 40 beats a minute for 20 years and now he's trying to be fast without a speedy, creative drummer like Copeland and it doesn't work.
I sometimes wish Sting's solo career failed, but the Police left an amzing discography behind and would definitely have become like the lesser eighties acts by continuing as mainstream pop in the late eighties sounds incredibly lame.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.