[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metalcore Discussion 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: NwuF67T.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NwuF67T.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
2 things 1) I started this recording project almost a year ago, don't really go on boards too much these days/dont really plan on posting on more boards. But im on a writing slump and could use some critiquing on my writing. Tell me if you think I should continue on with this project cause its borderline about to be over and done with due to lack of motivation
https://soundcloud.com/marco-alvarado-3/infestation-rough-demo

Kinda got the influence from mixing together 90's metalcore/numetal ie:deftones, botch, coalse. with the whole djent movement that was going on around the time periods of 2011-2014

2) what do you think of metalcore/the metal scene in general these days? Do you think they're going a little stale from lack of creativity? or am I just the only one seeing that? I'm from western canada and the whole scene is practically dead for metalcore/hardcore. I Haven't really kept up to date with what bands and stuff that are currently out so im kinda at a loss with whats fresh and in. Just been listening to a shit ton of stollas.
>>
This is a music board
>>
>>70148456

I like the tone you've got going so far, strangely bright but sludgey. The style changes were appreciated as well, especially in the drumming. That said, 4/4 metal is stale as fuck at this point. It's such a rhythmic genre and you aren't bringing any interesting rhythms to the table.

That said, djent is stale as fuck already too. I really think mathcore is still the future of the genre even though it's been decades since it came onto the scene. Just spruce up your grooves and blasts a bit (drop to 7/8 here, elongate to 5/4 there, simple shit), maybe add guitar leads and you should be well on you way to making something distinct.
>>
>>70148767
>mathcore is the future
I fucking love mathcore, but can you really say that with a straight face? I mean maybe black metal will pick it up and we'll get math black (Plebian Grandstand did it and was received well, who knows what will happen years from now), but c'mon son, unless something drastic happens, mathcore is the past, as much as I hate it and want more math sludge.

Also op what in the titty fucking christ are those vocals, that's so fucking bad, I don't understand how you thought that was a good idea. The guitars are ok though, but production is shit. Get better production equipment and an actual mic before doing anything.
>>
Thanks man, I do really appreciate that. This was the first song we wrote about 8 months ago. Its becoming very progressive in the guitar work since as of right now its been 2 years since i started playing, so time works haha. buts its extremely stressful. Only jamming maybe once every month or so.

I agree with you on the whole mathcore thing, my friend is the one whos really into djent, I appreciate for what it is and like to use some ideas but was always into mathcore/hardcore, been a huge fan of chaotic music. I can almost see it going in a cinematic direction if people try to really think about what they're writing/using modes and more chords.
But hey thats just me hoping.
>>
>>70148843
again very rough demo, recorded drums and guitar at the same time, vocals without a pop filter and with a dynamic mic, and that was with 4 mics, sm58, rode nt5 x2, d2 kick. And with the vocals i was trying to be different, im very loud, very very loud with my diaphram and if you push hard enough you can kind of create a yell scream. doing gutterals and frys are over done.
>>
>>70149091
also should say guitar and drums were recorded in the same tiny room, with all the airwaves. so yeah it should be a lot clearer but it was rushed lol
>>
https://giffromgod.bandcamp.com/album/split-w-vein

metalcore sounds good in 2017
>>
>>70149379
this is like a cest pool of Loma pritea mixed with botch and shotmaker. and I mean that in a good way. Thats so sick, im so happy other bands are adding the skramz sound into the metalcore mix
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfeXk_wPks

This was a band i discovered last year that really left an impresssion on me, dont really know if they were big in the states or not. but I heard they're coming back, and im pretty stoked on that
>>
>>70148843

I meant that in the sense of "how to make the genre not be the same thing forever." There's only so much you can change in terms overall sound and still fall under hardcore/metalcore so you mostly have to look at what we already have and figure out how to reshape it. "More melody" has already been done. Maybe "more harmony" by going microtonal? That could be cool, but I think it's more realistic to expect people to latch onto more odd meters than to get them to figure out how to tune, play and write microtonally. So yeah, if you want to keep making this music but also want it to sound different from what we already have then a new approach to rhythm seems like the easiest solution.
>>
>>70149091
Link won't load for me, but if you're doing what I think you're doing from that description, it's called belting and be careful or you'll fuck yourself. It can cause hospital-tier vocal cord trauma.
>>
>>70149673
thanks for the concern, but i scream the same way i sing if that makes sense. been doing many types of vocals for the past 8 years. I definitively dont do it too often and when I do I make sure im never pushing myself out of my comfort zone,

Band is called: not one is up right
song: infinite stutter
>>
>>70149670
yeah i totally know what you mean by that. its kinda hard to explain via typing cause genres are hard to explain especially when its not face to face. I think I have a lead, just wanna try to get a 7 string and tune it down to g# (1.5 steps down) and try to play some stuff like this https://soundcloud.com/marco-alvarado-3/lovers?in=marco-alvarado-3/sets/lovers-demos
not really metalcore but very skramz and post hardcore influences,
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.