[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do haters hate this band so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: greenday.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
greenday.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
Why do haters hate this band so much?
>>
>>70138376
Cuz they're either lamewad white dads or alt-right virgins who probably voted Trump

Green Day is the music of youth and progress
>>
in their advanced age i think its time to move from pop punk to a psychedelic rock sound
>>
Because you didn't have to live through high school while American Idiot was top of the charts.
>>
>>70138376
cause they're not very good
>>
They ruined punk rock by turning it into stuff you played on the sound system at the mall while teen girls are shopping for pants is why.
>>
>>70138376
god damn, why are they so popular in South America?
>>
Green Day is basically the musical equivalent of an anti trump protester/stefen universe fan
>>
>>70138669
Punk rock hasn't existed since Reagan's first term though.
>>
>>70138376
Because they're basically Hot Topic: The soundtrack.
>>
>>70138376
>haters
you must be 18 to be on this website
>>
>>70139027
empirically wrong
>>
>bunch of 45 year olds who live in mansions think they're le edgy punk rawk teenagers
>>
>>70138376
Because reasons.
>>
>>70138376
they wouldn't be haters of they didn't hate
>>70139076
>pop music means putting on a show
shocker
>>
>>70139076
>and still wear that ugly early 2000s wardrobe with gelled hair and spiked belts, and literally nobody but soccer moms still listens to them
>>
NO TRUMP
NO KKK
NO FASCIST USA
>>
There are much worse offenders when it comes to bands that took a genre with lots of underground fans mainstream. Much worse.

For all I care, Dookie is not even near my top 20 fav punk albums, but for what it is, whether you call it pop punk or god knows what, it's decent. They just took Bad Religion's formula and made the profitable rounds with it. Good on them.
>>
>>70138376
because they are bad
>>
their complete image overhaul with the release of american idiot rustled my jimmies a bit

it was pretty jarring and reeked of corporate meddling and marketing
>>
>>70138376
Just LOOK at them
Early Green Day was great though
>>
>>70138423
This is an 18+ board
>>
File: christgau_2.jpg (46KB, 450x391px) Image search: [Google]
christgau_2.jpg
46KB, 450x391px
American Idiot [Reprise, 2004]

In case you're wondering what this concept album means, look no further than the cover art--a raised fist clenching a bleeding heart with a grenade pin in it. We live in a visual culture, and although he doesn't outright say it, Billie Joe means that the heart will explode unless he throws it, only it won't because he doesn't have what it takes to pull the trigger. The emotional travails of two clueless punks--one passive and one aggressive, both representations of the auteur--stand in for the sociopolitical content the vague references to Bush, Schwarzenegger, and war (not any war in particular, just war) are thought to indicate. There's no race, no politics, hardly any compassion. Sole rhetorical coup--makes being called a faggot something to aspire to, which in this terrible time, it is. C+
>>
Green Day deserves our respect. They're like the court jester.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.