[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpg/- Drum & Percussion General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bernardpurdie.jpg (35KB, 430x439px) Image search: [Google]
bernardpurdie.jpg
35KB, 430x439px
I've not given up yet I was just abroad for New Years'edition

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aJE0FNBS

Questions:
>What the fuck young Purdie is basically Gucci Mane
>Did anyone actually miss this thread?
>Are cajons dumb gimmicky shit? I kinda wanna get one so I can play on the street with my bassist friend and get moneys
>What else should go into the pastebin?
>>
>What the fuck young Purdie is basically Gucci Mane
yea
>Did anyone actually miss this thread?
I guess kinda
>What else should go into the pastebin?
Needs more jazz stuff
>>
>>70136600
I know but I'm a pleb and don't listen to enough jazz to have an actual opinion on greatest drummers
>>
How do you play fast triples on the bass drum? pls respond
>>
>>70136742
I basically do a heel-toe with the toe stroke a bit lower on the board and slide the 3rd stroke. I'm sure there are better ways though.
>>
File: SPD.jpg (39KB, 550x280px) Image search: [Google]
SPD.jpg
39KB, 550x280px
Anyone else use the SPD? It's been my number one piece of drum equipment for 2 years and I love it.
>>
>>70136843
I don't but I may get one in the future, convince me.
I think I remember you btw.
>>
>>70137029
>Convince me
Uh...I don't know how to? I don't know what you're looking for in a drum pad. I'll just say what I like about it.

>97 kits with 3 user kits at the end to completely customize (though all are customizable)
>Amazing drum sounds and great kit sound effects
>The sounds are amazing (and there is midi control options)
>Can get bass and hi hat petals for the kit (thought they come seperate)

>I think I remember you btw.
I'm that fucker that never shuts up about the SPD. Howdy.
>>
>>70137097
I mean there's gotta be a reason you don't shut up about it. How much extra are the pedals? This thing is too expensive for me anyways
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwT7TWaFxT-UZAPa9wdNChA?&ab_channel=StephenTaylor What do you think of this guy? I'm not trying to shill him, honest question here. I like some of his tutorials but his titles are clickbaity as fuck
>>
So I've been messing around with electronic kits at my local music store, thought 'what the hell' and bought some sticks.

It's really fucking fun but I'm practicing on my thigh at the minute (which doesn't have any bounce). Practice pads seem to be recommended but which is a fairly inexpensive one (in case I can't take drumming any further)?
>>
>>70137997
Literally any wooden surface. I sometimes practice on my mouse pad because it's quieter. But anyways you can pick up a minimalist set like hi-hat+snare+kick and eventually a floor tom for like 100$ if you look second hand, even if you give up you can resell them for basically the same prace
>>
>>70137997
either >>70138190
or go to /fit/ and acquire quads of stone.
Practicing on your legs is still pretty good for understanding stickings tho
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.