[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the emotional and/or physical abuse of a human (or humans)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 51sBFJYnq6L._SX300_[1].jpg (18KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
51sBFJYnq6L._SX300_[1].jpg
18KB, 300x298px
Is the emotional and/or physical abuse of a human (or humans) justified if it results in highly regarded and influential art?
>>
...um, no.
>>
>>70117635
/thread
>>
no but who cares?
>>
>>70117635
But without the abuse endured during the creation of Trout Mask Replica, we wouldn't have it as an artistic work, and as such, several albums and artists influenced by it simply would not exist.
>>
>>70117635
this

Crapstain Queeffart was a talentless hack
>>
>>70117680
this album didn't influence shit, it's just some pretentious fuckhead making "experimental tunes!!!" at the expense of other people's health.
>>
>>70118365

It's fine if you dislike the album (most millennials do), but if you honestly believe it wasn't influential then you are extremely ignorant of 20th century music history.

Are you an Oasis fan, by chance?
>>
>>70118898
>Matt Groening
>David Lynch
>John Lyndon
>John Frusciante
wew lad
>>
>>70117607
Yes. In fact that and self-defense may be the only justification there is.
>>
>>70117607
Absolutely
>>70118365
>didn't influence shit
It influenced loads of shitty noise rock Beefheart imitations, of course it was influential
>>
>>70117607
no, but i don't think it's necessarily wrong to enjoy work that's resulted from said abuse
>>
>>70118365
ugh. people like you go on this board.
>>
come on, Beefheart didn't torture people or something
>>
>>70121015
>Didn't pay bandmates
>Drugged them
>Fed them a miniscule amount of food

???
>>
>>70121042
he's was just havin a laff
>>
>>70121078
this. everyone here is a bunch of pussies
>>
>>70121042
It was by utilitarian means that we were afforded the greatest piece of music of all times
>>
>>70121042
>Didn't pay bandmates
he had no money

>Drugged them
false, they drugged themselves

>Fed them a miniscule amount of food
he had no money

This kind of complaint really saddens me desu
Like people in 2017 would condemn Kubrick for pushing Shelley Duvall to emotional heights and call it torture
>>
>>70121163
Captain Beefheart once threw his guitar player into a dumpster. He also pushed his drummer down the stairs. He would also have band members put inside barrels and berated until they broke down crying.
>>
>>70121196
why'd they get in the barrels if they were just going to cry like babies

baka
>>
>>70121196
who cares? TMR is literally the best album ever made. it was well worth it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.