[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how out of touch are you /mu/? I come across these videos with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

how out of touch are you /mu/?

I come across these videos with hundreds of millions of views so they must be on the pop culture radar, but I've never heard any of them or know who these people are

I can't even tell if this song is country or LA pop rock
>>
>>70108094
Was on a coach the other day, radio was playing the UK top 40

I knew black Beatles and that was it

other than George Micheal songs
>>
>>70108094
you're not out of touch. unlike what /mu/ thinks what "normies" think is popular varies per person.
and honestly people who sub to p4k/anthony taste are more likely to all listen to the same bands than a normie

for example my sister and gf have never heard of that song. theres lots of top 40 hits that get popular just because their label pushed it like crazy to a certain demographic that nobody really knows of
>>
>>70108192
How bad is the pretending to love George Michael shit in the uk?
>>
>>70108233
Fucking awful

Most people can't name anything other than Wham!'s big hits yet I've not heard the end of the talk about him and how awful it is he's gone

Good guy, did lots of good shit for charity, made some good tracks
Not a god.
>>
>>70108094
I first heard about Prince when he died. Never heard a single one of his songs before that.
>>
>>70109025
Underage
>>
>>70108094
know the feel. i see videos with like 100k views and think wow that's a lot for a song and then i remember shit like this exists lmao
>>
>>70109060
You're actually overage
Unless you actively sought Prince out (or your parents liked him) then you most likely never heard him since none of his music was on youtube or spotify, so people in their twenties would have never heard him or cared that he died
>>
>>70109060
im 26
>>
>>70109138
idk im 19 and i knew about prince for a while
>>
>>70109060
Not me, I'm 18
>>70109298
>>
>>70109025
I'd just like to add that I did not like any of his music
>>
>>70108094
>how out of touch are you /mu/?
Very.
I work retail, and I don't recognize even half of the modern stuff we play. All of my coworkers know the words, and I don't even catch up with them hearing them at work because the radio is just loud enough to be heard, but not enough to be intelligible if you don't already know the song.
>>
Its them that is out of touch man.
>>
>>70108207
I've actually noticed this. While their taste is shit, the normies I know have a more varied taste than the 2 p4k/fantano drones I know.
>>
>>70108094
How do you not know that song? It is literally on everything.
>>
>>70108094
no idea who this bitch is
>>
>>70110401
what do you mean? like the radio?
i don't listen to the radio. and when i do, which is usually at a store or restaurant, i don't even pay attention to what's playing because it sounds like trash
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.