[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The KLF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 121106-klf.png (362KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
121106-klf.png
362KB, 620x413px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1snD2zm1pBQ&t=2s

Thoughts /mu/ /mu/? Are they really being guided by powers we don't understand?
>>
>>70098182
Their sound really dated badly. There are a number of things from the early 90s that look really fresh and sexy now, but some things didn't translate over. Not sure why, but possibly because the kinds of samples and beats used got quickly outmoded with better sources and techniques.

I think A.R. Kane's later work is another example of that problem.

Especially when it's late-80s - early-90s rap beats with some Daisy Age in there, plus some of that outdated hacker style meets leftist politics meets postmodernism and culture-jamming. gets way too "FREE YOU MIND" in this corny way.
>>
>>70098182
When people say 'vaporwave' is a critique of capitalism, or 'subverting' it, I always remember these are older critics who came of age in the 80s and 90s when there was still this punk-like ironic snark thing combined with culture-jamming.

THIS - what KLF do here with samples - is an example of leftist political critique and snark and 'subversion' etc. It dates itself very very quickly and badly. Aesthetic approaches since then don't cornily manipulate materials in a way that constantly say "do you SEE? are you being LIBERATED? is this PUNK?"...

This is why critics and academics are turds. When their "woke" agenda gets mixed up in aesthetics, it creates corny bullshit like this. It's the sonic equivalent of that corny fucking dweeb Banksy.
>>
>'The KLF have left the music business'
>return 24 years later

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>70098552
corny old leftists freaking out over Trump because they buy into the globalist media nonsense that he's "bad" because he "talks like a meany" when in fact he's far from perfect but actually a beacon of hope in that the somebody actually managed to come in and hijack a major political party in direct opposition to the warmongering neoliberal globalists with their destructive proxy wars and phony manufactured "revolutions"

hell, Zizek and Jill Stein can see this, but most progressives are hypocritical retards.
>>
>>70098635
You're off your rocker. This clearly has nothing to do with Trump. Sounds like you shoved the red pill too far up your own ass.
>>
>>70098651
You honestly think the timing to them coming back around isn't to do with this whole "we need revolutionary artists now more than ever" thing crusty old 40-50something year old critics and journalists are saying?

People like this are stuck in the psychogeography of the last century. They haven't the wherewithal to grasp or navigate what is happening now, which is actual History happening, the very thing they themselves had no idea how to restart. Well, here it is.
>>
>>70098552
They really, really regret burning the quid.
>>
>>70098707
Maybe they just want to make music and fuck with people's heads a bit.

It must suck being so deep into /pol/'s white genocide narrative that you can't enjoy any popular media without being paranoid of conspiracy to undermine your values.
>>
>>70098782
Nah. It's the historical timing. Obviously it fucking is.

"We're needed again. If the kids won't do this, we'll have to!"

You really don't know how to spot things do you?

Fucking clueless, persistently WRONG faggot I swear.
>>
>>70098782
Also, where did I say ANYTHING about "white genocide" or "conspiracy"?

I just know the way leftists think all too well because I'd been one of them for a long time and I know where there head's at.

Also, I just see shit for what it is. More than probably anyone. It's really uncanny.
>>
>>70098832
>>70098872
You're disillusioned.
>>
>>70098910
You're butthurt because I have your number and you know it.

And I'm not even a right winger any more than I'm a left winger. I'll play any and all sides I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>70098945
Sure, you're woke as fuck senpai. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>70098973
Bitch I'm just real and gifted. Simple as that.
>>
>>70098635
i think you're the corny one if you think the klf having a 30th anniversary reunion is a PLOT BY THE GLOBALISTS FUNDED BY GEORGE SOROS
>>
>>70099097
Who said it was a "plot by the globalists". That's a misreading and you know it.

KLF and other retard leftists do this irrelevant bullshit on their own volition, obviously.

But you're a fundamentally dishonest person so you're going to debate this way. You're rotten to the core.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.