[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PROFESSIONAL ADVICE NEEDED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

Okay so I need some advice from any professional musicians out there. So I did a session for a guy last week and got paid $250 for two songs. Real simple indie folk stuff. Anyway he messaged me telling me that the bass tracks came back fuzzy and claims that it was my bass. He asked me to come retrack the songs and only offered me $50 to do so. He didn't initially intend on paying me either. The engineer should have noticed this while we were in the session initially. So I shouldn't be to blame right? What should I do?
>>
>Somehow makes 250 bucks to play two songs on bass
>Doesn't want to make 50 more bucks in roughly 10 minutes
>>
>>70092612
well i mean, you're still getting paid to re-record the tracks. the engineer probably should have noticed it but he didn't, so.

maybe they thought they could "fix it in the mix" and now are realizing it's unusable.

maybe bring a different bass or ask if they have another bass you could use if yours is acting up.
>>
File: MTE4MDAzNDEwNzc0ODIwMzY2.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTE4MDAzNDEwNzc0ODIwMzY2.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>70092612
>tracks came back fuzzy and claims that it was my bass. He
If you know it wasn't I wouldn't go back. Is your bass or leads or (probably more likely) playing fuzzy? If it isn't what is the point bothering with these bozos?
>>
Yeah I want to be a good guy and help him out. Plus I'm fairly certain I could potentially receive more work from him in the future. The original session was 7 hours. He claims the retracking won't take more than a hour.
>>
>>70092904
I would get them to say " yeah alright it was our fault" first. unless you screwed up? srsly, it's important
>>
>>70092904
$50 for an hour sounds totally reasonable given originally it was $250 for 7 hours.

Ask specifically what the problem with the bass tracks was though. If it really was your bass it would end up being a waste of time for both you and them if you turned up and they ended up having the same problem.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 192x262px
>>70093242
>turned up and they ended up having the same problem.
yeah you'd be a right cunt then
>>
File: _84305351_cardiganparkingmeter1.jpg (59KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_84305351_cardiganparkingmeter1.jpg
59KB, 624x351px
>>70093732
coz technically you'd owe them money then. . .
>>
I completely understand your hesitation on going back there. However, it can only boost your reputation if you resolve the problems that they are having with your bass tracks. Even if it ends up being your fault, take the L now, instead of taking it somewhere else. "WD"
>>
>>70092612
think strategically
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.