[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I enjoy stoner rock/metal although I don't smoke weed. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
I enjoy stoner rock/metal although I don't smoke weed. Should I quit immediatly?
>>
File: veaKiOf.jpg (985KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
veaKiOf.jpg
985KB, 1200x1200px
No drugs are for degenerates, but stoner metal/rock is amazing
>>
>>70091533
>drugs are for degenerates
cuck
>>
File: th.jpg (7KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7KB, 300x150px
>>70091569
>>
I got really stoned once and listened to Acrimony. After a few songs I got tired of it because it all sounds so bland and depressing. I don't get stoner metal, it's just like regular heavy metal except it's more depressing.
>>
>>70091457
You can appreciate stoner metal without being into weed, just be aware that it is music made on drugs for drugs, you can perfectly appreciate it, but will never fully experience it.
>>
I like stoner metal but I've never listened to it stoned. Stuff like Dopesmoker seems like it would be really spooky when stoned.
>>
>>70092115
It's the most epic experience of your life my friend. Instead of merely listening to their journey, it feels like you are among the weedians and partaking in their journey. It's especially effective if you are walking somewhere while listening to it, and getting high.
>>
>>70091533
>Stoners are degenerate
>Stoners create amazing music
Pick one.
>>
stoner rock actually can be too grating and aggressive gentler stuff is to be prefered
>>
>>70091457
you shouldn't quit listening to stoner music you should start smoking weed

>>70091533
>being this spooked
>>
>>70092225
If the most epic experience of your life was listening to dopesmoker while stoned, your life sucks.
>>
I used to like it a lot before I starting toking up. I really prefer mellow, and electronic type stuff, as well as really beat intensive music while high. I can't stand metal high. Idk what it is, but becoming a regular smoker completely altered my music taste.
>>
>>70093610
Yeah I don't really get anything positive from listening to metal high. I put on some piano instrumentals and it helps me get in a better state of mind.
>>
>>70093383
Exaggeration is a common trope in non-academic communication. I didn't mean it literally.
>>
>>70093730
u sound like a rite cunt m8
maebe u shud stop beeing so pre10tious
>>
I smoked weed nearly every day for about a decade. It is interesting and even fun the first handful of times but then gets to be a real downer. I only occasionally might smoke now, like twice a year.

I think it has had some good influence on music, undoubtedly, but a lot of bad influence too. And the influence is similar to the way weed usage pans out.

At first it gives you a lot of new perspective and a more visceral way of experiencing music. There's a lot of trippy music that is definitely the way it is partly because of weed influence.

But then weed starts to stunt your maturity, make you depressive and weak-willed, lazy and annoyingly sloppy and inept. Thing of how irritatingly incapable and weak and lame most stoners act. You see this a lot in the kind of complacently lame music that gets made under the weed/trippy banner too, like Slightly Stoopid, DMB, 311, Sublime, Kottonmouth Kings, String Cheese Incident, Disco Biscuits, etc.

All that is to say that maybe weed might briefly help show you other levels to the music you like, and yes, a lot of the best music is influenced partially by drugs. But once you get that perspective, if you even need the help from drugs, you really don't need to keep doing them. I've done so many drugs I'm basically what they call "permafried", and my experience of life is perpetually, incurably psychedelic and 'magical' now. And I tend to like music that is trippy or highly sensory. But I recommend not getting into drugs. Don't burn yourself out.
>>
>>70093987
God that's how I felt. I was smoking weed 3-4 times a day and then I reached a point where I stopped feeling high and when I listened to music I couldn't just relax and enjoy it anymore.
>>
>>70093908
you're right, writing that it wasn't meant literally would have been enough.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.