[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled.. what do we think of this album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Aphex-Twin.jpg (77KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aphex-Twin.jpg
77KB, 1200x1200px
Now that the dust has settled.. what do we think of this album?
>>
8/10
>>
>>70090390

Quite good. I think he should have been more nonchalant about it though, it is not accessible to the general public (i.e the people who know afx for his less obscure stuff).. In any case, it certainly out-performed Boards of Canada's new release.
>>
>>70090454
Are you takling about Tomorrow's Harvest or is there a newer BOC album that I'm not aware of? I don't think it's better than Tomorrow's Harvest but it is still a solid album and fits well within his discography. Hopefully he keeps dropping more albums.
>>
>>70090454
What stuff did he make with a wider appeal than Syro, other than maybe his ambient works and other very early stuff?

I don't know that much about Aphex Twin, but I've definitely heard material from him that was less accessible
>>
>>70090551
Yer I think that Syro is really accessible as well.
>>
Never listened to AT, what's the best album to start with?
>>
>>70090646
selected ambient works 1, easily
pretty much just go in order with his albums under the aphex twin moniker, although there is some great stuff under other names of course.

don't listen to drukqs until you're very familiar with his music.
>>
Quite a strong release, has some growers that took a while to really reveal themselves like 4bit - at first seems restrained but there's actually a lot going on. CIRCLONT6A is one of his best tracks ever imo.
>>
>>70090543

Yeah Tomorrow's Harvest desu.

>>70090551

Well Window licker seems to be his biggest track? Also stuff like flim etc.

Also I think Aphex Twin had built such a large cult status, that a lot of normies would hold reverence for him like people would for a a renowned artist.. And with all the hype for the new album I think a lot of Normie types got sucked into it (perhaps to seem indie, intellectual or some other shit).. When the album was released I noticed a lot of these normie types were shit talking the album lol, some feigned having liked the album.. but you can bet your bottom dollar they never listened to it again after a couple weeks of it having been released.

I mean Aphex Twin has done a lot of obscure releases (which have a touch of Aphex brilliance), which would not be accessible to the public (such as ' The Tuss – Rushup Edge'), but they were not hyped up like this album so normie types wouldn't ever listen to it. I see this album Syro being on a similar tier to his Tuss works in terms of normie appeal.
>>
>>70090957
>>70090551

Oh yeah and how I forget, yes Ambient works 1 was a lot more accessible to the general public in general.
>>
As someone who rarely listens to bleep bloops, this is literally his best release, and one of the best releases so far this decade.
>>
>>70090543
>>70090454

I may have to listen to Tomorrow's Harvest again lol.
>>
>>70090390
Pretty good but I would have preferred the tempo be about 10% slower.
>>
>>70090390
Boring
>>
>>70090390
I find this record kind of sterile. Masterly made, but never grew on me like I hoped. A lot of the songs sounds like demo songs for VSTs or some shit.
>>
>>70092036
if Richrud was reading this right now he would stab you in the face nigger, if you like the album 10% slower then run the entire thing through audacity and make it that way and post it on soundcloud with a stolen czech facebook account
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.