[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TT - Sony PS-HX500

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: sony_ps_hx500.png (520KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sony_ps_hx500.png
520KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone have any experience with this model? I'm gonna buy one, and have been reading different things about how you cannot upgrade the cartridge–info from Sony's homepage. But various YouTube reviewers said you can change the MM cartridge, and I am gonna buy an Ortofon 2M Blue, also a cork mat and a record clamp.

I will be buying mostly 180g LP's, artists I am more close to listen are, and will buy include:

>Korn (from self-titled to Issues, Music On Vinyl re-issues)
>Metallica (Ride the Lightning, ... And Justice for All, and maybe Master of Puppets, Blackened and 4 disc 45 rpm's)
>Nine Inch Nails (all, if possible, pre-orders from official store, reissues with vinyl in mind)
>Anna Calvi (self-titled and One Breath)
>Pantera (from Cowboys to Reinventing, 180g re-issues)
>The Last Shadow Puppets

LP's I cannot find online, hoping anyone knows where to get ahold of
>Low - Happiness EP (really hoping it isn't just a digital release)
Also blues music, like Lightnin' Hopkins and open to other various artists. Artists mentioned just in case if you should be wondering what kind of music I have in mind when wanting to change the cartridge.

TL;DR – any anon's have experience with Sony PS-HX500 and know if it's upgradable, and perhaps just shitpost about music mentioned.
>>
senpai just a vintage one for 1/10 the price
>>
>>70087261
My family has a ton of LP I intent to rip, and the 24 bit ripping option is the most appealing, if I buy a different model, I might as well just buy CD's
>>
Buy a Pro-Ject instead

I almost bought that Sony but got a Debut Carbon instead and couldn't be happier with it. Note that the Pro-ject does require a phono pre-amp though if your existing amp doesn't have one built in.
>>
>>70087360
I've never seen an amp without phono input 2bh
>>
>>70087360
>Buy a Pro-Ject instead
This is seriously something I have been considering lately. But the Hi-Res™ by Sony™ is something I really want to give a try. I do not live in a country where you can go to a local store to try on turntables for yourself before making up your mind, and Pro-Ject is second priority if the HX500 should fail.
>>
>>70087419
Depends. If you're using a surround receiver many of the cheap ones (sub $1000) don't have em. I would assume most decent 2 channel amps have em though (that's what I have)
>>
>>70087306
24 bit depth is literally a joke
CD's 16 bit is even overkill and more than enough to seamlessly encode audio
t.Signal Processing Engineer
>>
>>70087442
Hi-Res It's a marketing ploy for plebs who just want to make sure they have the largest numbers in all fields.
>>
>>70087306
You literally might as well just buy CD's if you're in it for digital audio quality.
>>
>>70087541
What about DSD, it only has 1bit but it's the entire selling point of the Sony HX500. I won't be storing files in PCM .wav format, only DSD.

>>70087611
I'm only in it for digitizing, since I won't be buying a different turntable every other year or so, I want to make sure it has most options as possible.
>>
>>70087652
>DSD
yes i also want to be able to play my audio on nothing
>>
>>70087804
Then use .mp3
>>
>>70087804
>>70087816
There are players capable of DSD playback on computers. But you're right, I'd have to buy another Sony™ device to play them back. But as I mentioned, I want to store them, surely DSD can be converted if you wanna play them.
>>
is that Low EP the correct title?
>>
>>70089360
My mistake, it should be Lowering - Happiness EP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.