[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think are the essential The Fall albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4671.jpg (98KB, 638x1047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4671.jpg
98KB, 638x1047px
What do you think are the essential The Fall albums?
>>
>>70086972
Working my way through them at the moment and I'm up to room to live
So far I'd say grotesque, live at the witch trials and hex enduction hour
>>
nations saving grace, Hex Enduction Hour
>>
Grotesque, Bend Sinister, The Light User Syndrome, and Hex Enduction Hour.
>>
Kurious Oranj is also good, some people underrate it a bit. Nation's Saving Grace and Hex Enduction Hour are the most essential, usually the ones people have heard.
>>
Hex Enduction Hour is the best by a long shot.
This Nation's Saving Grace is pretty good but overrated. The Wonderful and Frightening World of The Fall is weirder and better IMO. It sounds as if the band was on DXM during the whole recording sessions.
For the early years, get the Early Singles compilation and Dragnet.
Post-TNSG albums are quite underrated. The whole post-Brix early-90s from Extricate to The Infotainment Scan is pretty good and have a less angsty/more relaxed sound. The late Brix-era albums, like the Franz Experiment, also have a similar vibe, but they are less refined IMO.
Levitate and The Unutterable are awesome, were made when M.E.S. was in a particular state of mind. Our Future Our Clutter was their last good album.

>>70087370
Props for mentioning Bend Sinister and The Light User Syndrome
>>
>>70086996
>>70087290
>>70087370
>>70088081
>>70089036
Thanks guys
>>
Having listened to them all I'd rank them as follows:
Hex Enduction Hour > Grotesque > Perverted By Language > This Nation's Saving Grace > Slates > The Wonderful and Frightening World of.. > Live at the Witch Trials > Dragnet > Levitate > Extricate > The Real New Fall LP > The Unutterable > Bend Sinister > Room to Live > I Am Kurious Oranj > Fall Heads Roll > Your Future Our Clutter > Frenz Experiment > The Marshall Suite > Imperial Wax Solvent > The Infotainment Scan > Shift-Work > Middle Class Revolt > Code: Selfish > The Light User Syndrome > Cerebral Caustic > Seminal Live > Sub-Lingual Tablet > Re-Mit > Ersatz GB > Reformation Post TLC > Are You Are Missing Winner

I hope I'm not forgetting owt

I'd say everything down to Dragnet on that list is "essential" and the Peel Sessions box was pretty essential as well.
>>
>>70089290
I'd put Reformation, Your Future and Imperial Wax a bit higher but apart from that it's quite accurate.
>>
'Totally Wired' its just a compilation of rough trade tracks but it was the first thing I heard from theirs and loved it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.