[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1847.png (159KB, 300x300px)
IMG_1847.png
159KB, 300x300px
I don't get it.
>>
File: 08italian-opera.jpg (494KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
08italian-opera.jpg
494KB, 1024x768px
>>70084067
Try to look at it the same way to look at maximalistic abstract art
>>
>>70084222
it's me btw
>>
>>70084067
There's nothing to get
>>
>>70084067
fast and bulbous mascara snake!
>>
>>70084243
No, the album has a clear direction and aesthetic to it. it's not random
>>
>>70084067
Of course you don't. Most posters here are 18-22 y/o white males who listen to pop, "indie", and hiphop. Chances are you're one of them.
>>
A SQUID EATING DOUGH IN A POLYETHYLENE BAG IS FAST AND BULBOUS. GOT ME?
>>
>>70085340
>trying this hard to be different on an anonymous music board
>>
>>70084067
That's the point.
>>
read the lyrics op
>>
>>70085393
This
Also why did you point out that we're mostly white? Are you implying """colored""" people would have a better understanding of this album
>>
>>70085340
>legitimately being this pretentious
>>
>>70084067
i don't think you're even really supposed to. the whole point is that its an inaccessible deconstruction of most rules and conventions of music, if you look at it like that it's actually really clever
>>
Well, first thing is that I recommend listening to the record with a decent pair of earbuds/headphones to get the full stereo effect. Secondly, if you aren't used to listening to music with a lot of...wilder elements (like this album, Bach's compositions, free jazz) then try to follow each and every instrument part that comes in per section. When a new track starts, figure out what the two guitars are doing first, then figure out what the drums and bass are doing. Then see if that oboe dude or Beefheart himself comes in. The relationship between the guitars/bass/drums changes on this record per track. On some tracks the bass and drums are doing a more conventional rhythm section, but then there are other tracks where the guitar parts and drums are playing a similar set of rhythms while the bass is the one totally doing its own thing (I think it's Hair Bake Pie 1 or the track after it that does this noticeably.)

Getting past the "omg so whacccckyy!' novelty value, what this album has in spades is blocks of complex melodic work akin to the most sophisticated of white people music and a varying set of rhythms hitting the listener at once akin to the most sophisticated of black people music. It's this interesting combination of polyphony and polyrhythms that make the album initially tough to digest, yet a brilliant listen past its novelty value. But it's not even THAT tough since each track on the album doesn't have as many sounds as say...certain Beatles tracks, nor does it have a lot of variation in dynamics, and as the meme review said, Beefheart's vocals are far higher in the mix so the instrumentals don't feel as intrusive (so the overall product is far more cohesive than random)
>>
>>70085340
do you think if Linguini sleeps in underwear, he lets Remy inside the underwear and sleeps on his crotch, using his weewee as a teddy bear or even better if they're feeling adventurous Linguini lets Remy crawl into his asshole and lets him sleep in the warm and moist cavern
>>
>>70085340
Must have been hard to type with your head stuck so far up your ass
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.