[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AOTY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2017a.png (120KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2017a.png
120KB, 400x400px
Qualification starts on Christmas Eve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLza4B6XhA
3:09
>>
RYM elite super hacker loopholes open fyi
>>
https://billmalloneemusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-rags-of-absence
released January 2, 2017
americana country-alt folk-rock indie-folk United States
>>
tick tock
>>
https://care.bandcamp.com/
releases January 6, 2017
35 minutes unlocked
indie rock
>>
What do we have so far?

Spotify availability which is important for me
because I can listen on my phone data free:
Run the Jewels - 3
Caynug - Miasma
Askultura - Marinara
Austin Mahone - For Me and You
9th Evolution - Apocalypse Sow
The Downsetters - Asylum Hotel
Book of Wyrms - Sci-fi/Fantasy
The Great Old Ones - EOD which is really just 3 singles so far
but they total over 25 minutes so these alone actually qualify for aoty contention

Youtube:
Blackfield - V - Steven Wilson

Bandcamp:
Vallum - Insight
The Gate - Island Virus
Substratum - self-titled
Mary Bell - self-titled
Mechina - Embers As Dust
Demonseed - Human Disposal
cold body radiation - orphean
tangible rays - seance
care - luv in the ruins
bill mallonee - rags of absence

File-sharing:
Xiu Xiu - Forget
probably lots of others but this is all I've heard

$52 retail package with phone app:
Brian Eno - Reflection

EPOTY
Death Worship - Extermination Mass
Ramshackle Glory - One Last Big Job
The Ghost and the Crown - self-titled
>>
Keith Fullerton Whitman - rsp-00
https://keithfullertonwhitman.bandcamp.com/album/rsp-00
>>
>>70080228
>>70080228
>never been available in any form until now
>recorded live to DAT around late 1998
subject: qualification
>>
>>70080301
if you don't count the things that are only just now becoming available, you're missing out on a lot of what's great about right now
>>
>>70080323
true since I do almost exclusively listen to things I consider for aoty lists
>>
>>70080467
but then where's the cutoff for the lists? is aphex twin - syro only eligible for the 2014 list because we don't know exactly how old the tracks are?
>>
>>70080574
I'm not particularly familiar with Syro as opposed to CCAI which I gave EPOTY. This same year I disqualified KW The Epic because the recording sessions were too old. I'm not finding good info online but the liner notes are detailed.
>>
>>70080660
I get having a system like that, but it just seems like so much work and so dependent on information that isn't readily available. I tried to look up when The Epic was recorded and wasn't seeing any clear info, for example. And then you can get into complicated stuff like Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92. What if all but one of those tracks was recorded in 85, and then you removed the 92 track so it was just Selected Ambient Works '85, would it really be all that different? Just seems easier to just have the rule where if something was not distributed before January 1st, 2017 (or in this case December 25th, 2016, because that makes sense), then it is a 2017 album.
>>
>>70080744
>I tried to look up when The Epic was recorded and wasn't seeing any clear info, for example
right but the liner notes are detailed which I dont have right now or else I'd take a pic. I would still allow it in contention for album of the decade (please contain your laughter) so thats kinda how I resolved the issue with that one. Otherwise I just take it case by case. To me aoty is as much about a cultural snapshot from the artist's point of view not just the audience.

Also I'd do a lot of retroactive ranking which could apply to Selected Ambient Works 85-92.
>>
I need new albums released after December 23rd that are on spotify
>>
New Ramshackle Glory just went to Spotify sometime today or yesterday

In case anyone cares because that's really good news for me
>>
>>70082712

Orchid Mantis - Flashbulb Memory
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.