[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you all so into this guy? >DICK IN HER ASS AND THROAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Young_Thug-1.jpg (315KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
Young_Thug-1.jpg
315KB, 940x545px
Why are you all so into this guy?

>DICK IN HER ASS AND THROAT NIGGA *mumble noises* *skippedybeboohamama"
>every song has the same trap production
>people tell you to "turn off your brain" and "take drugs and party" in order to enjoy it

What makes this any different from other vapid top 40 party music?
>>
>>70077422
he grows on you
>>
He makes songs in minutes, you may not feel like its good but this man can make a melody, hooks and finish an entire song in minutes to just an hour.

That doesn't come naturally to others, he's also very direct to his persona and his marketing strategy has been stated in an interview from before he was famous.
https://m.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/gxe7j/iama_a_hiphop_artist_on_the_verge_of_signing_a/

This mans a genius believe it or not, he's also stated to make music with musics greats like elton john and a full collaborative album with kanye. Why else do intricates from France admire him so much and why would someone like Kanye collaborate with him and call him his favorite rapper?
>>
>>70077422
>caring about lyrics
>>
He's a pop rap savant
There's nobody, not a single person, in the mainstream hip-hop scene who can do what he does
>>

metro boomin is actually a god fuck off
>>
He's different. Compared to rock, rap has been very slow to change. Thugger sounds like something different from rap music of the past, and more importantly I actually enjoy listening to.

No it doesn't.
>>
i think he has a unique approach to rap music and i enjoy his melodic sensibilities
>>
>>70079004
>>70078757
>>70078738
>>70078715
>>70078774
I don't knew what rapper you're listening to but he literally sounds like every other generic trap crapper who uses too much autotune to cover up his lack of talent
>>
Young Thug's experimentation with melody and pitch over eerie, sparse, often psychedelic beats, pulls you through an underwater dimension - almost like playing Mario on promethazine.

Thug's lyrics are spontaneous, playful and creative; he can make a legit analogy out of the most outlandish things.

He goes out of his way to be different, experiments out of joy for his craft.
Also most people fail to understand that everything about thugger's music is meant to be listened to in an altered state of mind

He uses his voice like an instrument and focuses on short non-sequiters as opposed to an overarching story for this reason
>>
>>70079036
>he literally sounds like every other generic trap crapper who uses too much autotune to cover up his lack of talent
yeah it's clear we're not listening to the same rapper because i can't think of any trap rapper with melodies as good as YT. Future is like a shitty copycat who isn't nearly as good

just listen to 2 bitches and give me a trap rapper melody that's as good
>>
>>70079063
this but unironically
>>
The album's barely there production doesn’t so much frame Thug's rapping as it does provide a surface for his words to dance upon, to explore the art of rapping in multiple dimensions: melodically, rhythmically, lyrically, and in terms of composition. His voice glides through the thick absence of sound. He’s responsible for a lot of the songwriting; he knocks out his own hooks, and his writing speaks to his use of phrasing, his backgrounds, the flows he uses, and the way he plays with each song’s internal architecture. On “Halftime,” his car-screech adlibs are elongated—it’s as if a camera panned suddenly from a pinprick of light, causing it to blur—so he can change tones, harmonizing this background yelp with his own main vocals.

Thug's lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Thug’s similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>70079123
again, this, but, again, unironically
>>
>>70078702
He seems like an ok guy

I'm not into hip hop, but I admire his work ethic and eccentricity
>>
I can't speak for other people. I'm not them. Going to give my take on Young Thug and even go as far as to explain why I listen to rap, because the 'rap is nonsense altogether' sentiment is usually hand-in-hand in these threads when a particular entity is attacked.

Personally, I went from white bread, nerdy white kid to a paranoid 18yo with a mild drug problem. Past few years, trying new things, adventures, mishaps, has made me look at the world in a new way. Little car accident last Summer, a friend of mine got robbed at gun point a month ago in broad daylight, some other shit just soon after. I can't really just relax and enjoy shit, after that. Seeing and feeling death and the urgency to evade that all in my face. I have to be aware and ready to go, always. That's where I'm at right now. I'll probably get over this soon.

I guess rap speaks to my janked out views on survival, in some ways.
And sick beats that you feel in your heart when you're riding in the car, plotting on your next move feels great, too. Before I saw things this way I listened to rap and I liked it, but I didn't understand why I liked it.

Just a personal frame of mind, a perception. I'm not advocating anything. I listen to a lot of other music, and that makes me feel just as good, but we're looking at this right now.

Rap is just a narrative for a certain audience. Young Thug uses every bone in his body to make it sound exactly how he wants, narrative in hand. He knows what someone coming to Young Thug wants to hear in a song.

His flow is effortless. It's an intriguing activity to listen to what he'll come up with next. Prolific, creative.

Don't know what else to say, I like him.
>>
>>70079238
>>70079036
I implore you to take a journey to the Book of Thug website.

http://www.thebookofthug.com/melodic
>>
lil mama she wet like a boat
lil mama she ready for war
she ready for dick in her ass and her throat
>saw young thug live and it was the best night of my life
>>
>>70077422
>Hey look, Young Thug raps about lewd sexuality and violence
I love how people always try to act like this is somehow a valid critique against rappers. 99% of popular music lyricism is either trite, relationship related filler or completely innane nonsense. Lil Yachty rapping about fucking is just as artistically valid as the Beatles singing "love love me do" or Jim Morrisons shitty poetry. If Young Thug is out there putting dicks in asses and shooting guns, then that's what he should talk about in his music. To me, that's infinitely more interesting to listen to than some lead singer of a band ramble on about his boring relationships or his idiotic social views.
>>
>>70077422
Nigga looks like someone tried to bake a cake on his head once a few years ago and he never washed his hair since.
>>
>>70079637
This guy is explaining basic music theory and basic properties of scales and acting like young thug invented it. I ain't opposed to anybody liking YT but don't give these kind of people a voice. Not to mention a few lulzy errors like him saying he never plays the seventh degree of his harmonic minors...so how's it a harmonic minor then and not just natural minor with the 7th omited? the entire thing that distinguishes a harmonic minor from natural is the sharpening of the 7th degree.
>>
>>70077422

>What makes this any different from other vapid top 40 party music?

He is a genius of melody. I don't mean that in any hyperbolic way, either. He is literally a melodic genius.
>>
>>70080791

>This guy is explaining basic music theory and basic properties of scales and acting like young thug invented it.

The guy is trying to explain in theory what comes naturally to Young Thug in operation.

If you were to show Thug this site he probably wouldn't understand what the guy was rambling on about.
>>
>>70080877
Nothing about that is unique to thug. Plenty of punk rock bands knew little to nothing of theory but used the exact same progressions chords that are outlined here. Those patterns are ingrained in a western listeners' ear because they are so ubiquitous in our music, might even be part of the reason we are so fixated on them. People constantly write songs with melodies with same properties without knowing theory, people don't learn that much theory so they can learn how to do this stuff, they learn theory so they can form much more complex relationships with all the notes available, not just a single scale. Well, maybe not the guy who did this write up...
>>
SHE RUN AWAY FROM MY WEED LIKE IT FARTED
>>
>>70080991

>Nothing about that is unique to thug.

In his genre it is. Especially considering how many songs he can put out (he had about 100 songs leak in '15 that he was sitting on) and the speed he can make a song from start to finish.

That punk rock analogy was tangential at best.
>>
>>70080115
Fucking this.
>>
>>70078738
No of course not, except Future, Yachty, Uzi Vert, Desiigner, Travis Scott and Chief Keef.
I really like Thug, I dig his stuff, but I'm a trap fan; I couldn't really explain to other people what is so unique about Young Thug musically except his squealing and moaning in verses.
>>
>>70079063
>he uses his voice like an instrument
My favourite Young Thug meme
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.