[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Neil Diamond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Neil_Diamond_2.jpg (832KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
Neil_Diamond_2.jpg
832KB, 2576x1932px
Redpill me on Neil Diamond
>>
My mom likes him.
>>
>>70070232
SWEET CAROLINE
>>
>>70070232
PLAY IT NOW
PLAY IT NOW
PLAY IT NOW, MY BABY
>>
Boring piece of shit. Never checked out Neil Young for the longest time just because I thought him and Diamond were the same person.
>>
File: ND2011.jpg (28KB, 490x467px) Image search: [Google]
ND2011.jpg
28KB, 490x467px
>>70070232
Guilty pleasure, my mom listened to him a lot while i was growing up.

>how do I into neil diamond

his best works were from 1966-1972
his live album hot august night is one of the greatest live albums ever
everything after Moods (maybe jonathan seagull) are pretty bad
he did minor hits in the late 70s
Feel for Neil and Just for You are straight 60s rockers
Taproot Manuscript is african themed and worth a listen
he looks like my dad
>>
>>70070305
how do you get them mixed up
>>
CRACKLIN ROSE GET ON THE BOARD
WE'RE GONNA RIDE TILL THERE AIN'T NO MORE TO GO TAKING IT SLOW BUT LORD DON'T YOU KNOW
>>
File: the last waltz.jpg (204KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the last waltz.jpg
204KB, 1143x1600px
>>70070232
I think his song in The Last Waltz was really good.
>>
SONG SUNG BLUE EVERYONE KNOWS ONE
>>
File: 61XdsNNOYRL._SY300_.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
61XdsNNOYRL._SY300_.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
People rag on Neil Diamond because he became a really cheesy MOR artist but he made some great tunes in the sixties like Solitary Man, Cherry Cherry, Girl, You'll Be a Woman Soon, Kentucky Woman etc.

Listen to this song first (its even got Kek in the title for the non-believers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAtwg1BwKek

Download the comp in the picture and forget about the stereotype of Neil Diamond you're familiar with
>>
>>70073925
one of my favorite albums tbqh
>>
>>70070232

>you cant truly hear my music unless its on my NielPod and using the 24 bit quality NielP3 file compression

>better audio quality!

he was literally the niggerphones before 20 years before 20
>>
>>70073925
Bang years is great. basically a remastered compilation of his first two albums with Bang, Just for you and The Feel of Neil Diamond
>>
Mom / vegas-core, sings in this super cheesy, 'hunky' voice.

But his songs can have a kind of prettiness and poignancy. And sometimes it's fun to just revel in that kitschy 70s Vegas sound with the horns and big production and hunky singing.

His Monkeys songs are good, as are some of his bigger hits, and some of his covers.

I like his cover of Clouds, which is probably my favorite song ever, and of course there are many better versions of (principally, Joni's):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76poRGN6I8E
>>
>>70070287
That MY BABY always amuses me how it goes out of the meter of the song. It feels more like he should have sang 'play it now' just twice immediately followed by that phrase rather than 'play it now' three times. I guess he did it for effect to really bring attention to it but it sounds so goofy.
>>
Some people just really get women, know exactly how to play to their sensibilities. Diamond was probably banging hot women his whole life and just crafted his songs to exactly the right note. It just has the sound of a guy who knows exactly the right tone of playful, confident, masculine but a little soft in the right places. The songs are basically just game. Which of course is pretty cheesy.
>>
>>70073050
Yeah but it loses a bit of power when you find out he snarkily said to Van Morrison "follow that" after his performance.

And then Van the Man proceeded to blow him the fuck out.
>>
File: Ndbang.jpg (241KB, 1619x744px) Image search: [Google]
Ndbang.jpg
241KB, 1619x744px
>>70070232
Some guy actually made a list of all time times Neil's songs were fucked with by the labels. Its a really good chart actually. I went out and bough the Frog King LP because its the only time Kentucky woman shows up in stereo and the only time the original ending to Shilo is heard.

fun fact, shilo was recorded THREE times, the first can be found on the Bang 66-68 cd. The second is the version on classics early years, and the third is the famous new version with the bass intro

http://home.netcom.com/~zmoq/pages/neilbang.htm
>>
File: ndGOLD.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ndGOLD.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>70070232
Also if you guys liked Hot August Night, check out Gold live at the Troubador. Its a precursor to what would become HAN. Its interesting too because you can hear his music transitioning, from the 1966 original version, to the 1969 intensity and ultimately the 1972 full-force.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.