[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Beatles>Beach Boys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_lmrt8wezwY1qkfz57o1_500.jpg (89KB, 451x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmrt8wezwY1qkfz57o1_500.jpg
89KB, 451x700px
I have to share something intimate with you, /mu/.

I used to love Pet Sounds. It was my favorite album. For years I would play end to end studying the expert arrangements, interesting use of timbre, and feeling Wilson's lyrics on tracks like Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder), I'm Waiting For The Day, I Just Wasn't Made For Those Times, and other great songs. After browsing /mu/ for about six years, it occurred to me that I had never listened to The Beatles. I decided to check them out, since everyone says they are the most influential and important group of all time (and even, of course, inspired my favorite album Pet Sounds). My girlfriend lent me an album of theirs called Abbey Road.

From start to finish, it crushes Pet Sounds. It makes Pet Sounds seem like rushed, half-assed, and, overall, a mediocre effort (besides for God Only Knows, which is still one of the top twenty songs of all time - according to me.) The only thing I don't like about Abbey Road is, of course, ruining my favorite album for me. I can't listen to Pet Sounds the whole way through anymore, unless I'm feeling down (it's the album that got me out of depression), because it's a complete snoozefest. Abbey Road always has that connotation for me - being TOO good, being TOO hard to top. Then again, one of my favorite things about Abbey Road is that it introduced me to actually consistently good songwriting with no chance of commercial failure with enough studio invention to make it intellectually interesting. Now, Pet Sounds lives in the shadow of Abbey Road's worst tracks.

Thoughts?
>>
The fact that
>>
maxwell's silver hammer fucking sucks
>>
>>70068856
the lyrics are innovative
>>
Sgt pepper > rubber soul = revolver= mmt = white album > abbey road = let it be> with the Beatles= help > hard day's night>>> the rest

The are no Beatles albums past 1965 that are less than a 10/10.
>>
>>70068842
age-of-consent laws
>>
>>70069622
>Abbey Road not first
>Revolver not second
>AHDN that low
>PPM that low
>Rubber Soul that high
>>
>>70068827
Dude, I fucking love Abbey Road. Even the throwaway stuff goes hard ('Mean Mr. Mustard', 'Polythene Pam') Tracks like 'Oh! Darling', and 'Because' show off just how fucking good these guys were at singing and George just blows it out of the water with his cuts. I even love the riff on 'Maxwell', though its easily the worst track
>>
I agree with you but that story sounds fake
>>
>>70068856
Maxwell's Silver Hammer is hilarious

>Maxwell kills the judge in the middle of his own trial

Paul's nickname should've been "the Crazy one"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.