[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Songs that make you say "What did he mean by this?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: blonde on blonde.jpg (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
blonde on blonde.jpg
137KB, 300x300px
Stuck Inside of Mobile
>>
Visions of Johanna
>>
>>70056528
I'm trying to think of any Dylan songs that stuck with me but I felt like I didn't know what he meant and I'm having trouble...most of his 60's stuff is very clear in its message
>>
>>70056535
Visions of Johanna is much more clear than Stuck Inside of Mobile though, its just Dylan talking about how he misses his girlfriend (it also switches perspectives in the middle of the song so that he can criticize himself). I have no idea what he's talking about in Stuck Inside of Mobile most of the time though.
>>
File: Nine_Inch_Nails_-_With_Teeth.png (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nine_Inch_Nails_-_With_Teeth.png
96KB, 300x300px
The Collector
>>
>>70057177
Trent day dreams about eating semen.

In reality without memes. It's probably Trent signing about his lyric process where he recollects all his thoughts to try to figure out what he has to say in the world, this process is very exhausting and puts great stress and preassure to his head as the song describes. Yet he has to, as it writting songs always helped him.

It could also be about just Trents trying to make a sense of his own thought and finding much more hurtful and self-loathing thoughts he'd expect, he is trying to "swallow" these thoughts, to either accept them or numb them to deny them. But the ammount of them is so much it is simple impossible.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4
Obligatory meme answer
>>
>>70056572
>>70056528
like all good poetry, there is never a setin-stone meaning for his words
especially mobile, he's just creating a lot of interesting imagery, if you relate to any of it, get some sort of meaning from it, project or whatever, it's working as poetry.

it's true meaning doesn't matter, and dylan is fully aware of this
>>
>>70056607
>I have no idea what he's talking about in Stuck Inside of Mobile most of the time though.

It's all very abstract but I think the bottom line of the song is a guy feeling depressed and trapped in a small town

At least, that's how I always hear it
>>
Ballad of a Thin Man
It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

This guy had something to say when he first started out and then started spouting gobbled-gook after smoking too much pot with The Beatles. He could've been the next Woody Guthrie but blew it out his ass.
>>
>>70057863
retard
>>
>>70057863
Ballad of a Thin Man is one of the most plain songs he ever wrote, very obvious what he's saying
>>
>>70056607

I've always interpreted it as just a series of "vignettes" that Bob Dylan experienced while travelling/touring, some being actual events and others just being some kind of metaphor
>>
>>70057434
>setin-stone
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.