[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Siouxsie and the Banshees?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: siouxsiekaleidscope-800.jpg (79KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
siouxsiekaleidscope-800.jpg
79KB, 800x800px
What does /mu/ think of Siouxsie and the Banshees?
>>
>>70054416
Christine is a fucking good song.
>>
Not bad but awfully dated songs. Siouxse's voice is pleasant but extremely generic.
>>
i like spellbound
>>
File: Siouxsie_and_the_banshees_79.jpg (131KB, 567x431px) Image search: [Google]
Siouxsie_and_the_banshees_79.jpg
131KB, 567x431px
They're pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZaSpRUzxOU

Sort of generic, though. Siouxsie was an icon for sure and stands out much more than most of their music.
>>
I've repeatedly tried to get into them, but I just can't.
>>
>>70054910
where have you tried?
>>
Rule 63 Robert Smith
>>
They're OK
>>
Love them.
>>
>>70054416
great group
>>70055033
kek
>>
i don't like their cover of The Passenger as much as the original
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
The Scream [Polydor, 1978]

Hippies were rainbow extremists; punks are romantics of black-and-white. Hippies forced warmth; punks cultivate cool. Hippies kidded themselves about free love; punks pretend that s&m is our condition. As symbols of protest, swastikas are no less fatuous than flowers. So it's not surprising that Siouxsie Sioux, punks' exemplary fan-turned-artist, should prove every bit as pretentious as model-turned-rocker Grace Slick or film-student manqué Jim Morrison. Nor is it surprising that while the spirit is still upon her she should come up with a tunefully atonal, modestly sensationalistic album. B+

Once Upon a Time/The Singles [PVC, 1981]

Like Jim Morrison, greatest of the pop posers, Siouxsie Pseud disguises the banality of her exoticism with psychedelic gimmicks most profitably consumed at their hookiest, and voila. Although two of the four unavailable-on-album 45s on this compilation go nowhere, most of these nightmare vignettes are diverting placebos, of a piece even though they span three years of putative artistic development. B+

Twice Upon a Time--The Singles [Geffen, 1992] *bomb*

Subjects for Further Research [1980s]: She has her cult--an army of black-clad college students eagerly waiting for the world to end. But though many Johnny Rotten fans proved smarter than Johnny Rotten, Siouxsie Pseud wasn't one of them. Since like Jim Morrison she disguises the banality of her exoticism with psychedelic gimmicks best consumed at their hookiest, the nightmare vignettes on her 1981 best-of were of a piece even though they spanned three years of putative artistic development. After that I kept waiting for Siouxsie to end. But she left a lot of product in her wake, and for all I know it conceals another best-of.
>>
Little too out there for me desu.
>>
Their Helter Skelter cover didn't really move me either.
>>
>>70054416
Juju is their best album, to be honest, they have quite a bit of great material, a lot more than most bands of their era...but I don't go back to them as much as I probably should, the first disc of Downside Up is probably the best collection of B-sides ever though
>>
>>70055161
Really? I go back and forth on which I like better, though to be fair, I think Iggy Pop mostly went downhill after Raw Power and The Passenger is one of the few of his solo songs I enjoy
>>
>>70054416
Not a big fan but love the early stuff and pic posted is one of my favorites.

>>70054453
Agreed but that whole album is great!
>>
>>70054416
I just listened to their best of yesterday
Spellbound, Arabian Knights, Dazzle and Cities in Dust are quality songs
>>
>>70054416
Not as good as Sisters of Mercy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.