[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best albums from your favorite artist.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Diamond Eyes.jpg (648KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Eyes.jpg
648KB, 1920x1200px
ITT: Best albums from your favorite artist.
>>
>>70025452
Diamond Eyes is fantastic and really underrated, but Saturday Night Wrist is the best thing Deftones ever did, with White Pony right behind.
>>
The Melvins are my fav, and I'm gonna have to say Bullhead is their best. You can't really go wrong with any of their stuff though.
>>
what makes Deftones so good in comparison to other alt rock radio bands? Something about them doesn't make people embarrassed to admit they like them
>>
Filosofem
>>
File: tmp_16983-Geogaddi-1029257320.jpg (51KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16983-Geogaddi-1029257320.jpg
51KB, 300x275px
BoC can do no wrong though
>>
>>70026566
For me personally, I like how they sound more mature than other late 90s/early 00s-era bands.

Compare the lyrics of Change and Passenger to pretty much any song by any artist (e.g. Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Staind) from that era. Huge difference.
>>
>>70026566
As >>70026659 said, they are more mature both musically and lyrically. They also evolved there sound each album up until Koi (which was still incredible). They are just an all around fantastic band that really doesn't have a single bad album. While Gore wasn't the best, it certainly isn't bad, the problem was whoever mixed/mastered it needs to be fired.

Take 'This Place Is Death' for example as to why people take them seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qpaugmgCs

Nothing is super exaggerated, everything is blended very well and has a nice rich sound to it. Other alt-rock bands miss the point of making music and just try there best to be super quirky and different rather than develop a nice unique sound.
>>
>>70026566
Everything. Their sound is pretty unique, with all the dream pop and shoegaze influences. Their lyrics are pretty good and on the abstract side of things, generally having a theme but being very open for different meanings. Chino is an amazing vocalist with huge dynamic range. Their sound developed through the years, with Stephen playing guitars with a increasingly bigger number of strings. Also, he's mostly a hip-hop fan, so his rythmic yet melodic playing is pretty unique. Their drum/bass work is also great. Also, they always seemed to care about the aesthetic and mood of each al um they release. Overall, they do everything right tbqh
>>
>>70026904
true, but I think Chino definitely carries the band. I just couldn't imagine Deftones without his voice
>>
>>70026925
Man, I'll be honest with you. I don't think a single member carries them, it's just them as a package. Abe's drumming is so underrated and Stephen can do some crazy things when he wants and Chino's voice brings in the mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlb-2m_RYg
>>
A moon shaped pool

10/10
>>
Beauty school is the best song on the album right?
>>
>>70028258
That would be Diamond Eyes. The chorus is perfection.
>>
>>70028258
For me it's Risk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.