[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this counts as an instrument nowadays fucking millennials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: turntables.jpg (88KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
turntables.jpg
88KB, 1024x680px
>this counts as an instrument nowadays

fucking millennials
>>
So I tried Serato and I was amazed with how limited it was.

Every time I'd search "Why can't I do this in Serato.", I'd end up with forum posts saying "Not being able to do that is a feature.".
>>
>>70023707
Turntables have been used as instruments since the 1930s, it's hardly the millenials' fault.
>>
>>70023707
it's not an instrument.

>>70023763
the entire point of serato is that it's like using real records, with all the limitations thereof.
In that case, not being able to do stuff very much is a feature.
>>
>>70023809
Makes sense, I suppose. It did have a really "pure" feeling.
>>
File: 1482545168539.jpg (19KB, 250x266px) Image search: [Google]
1482545168539.jpg
19KB, 250x266px
>>70023707
are you the same faggot that made the post about rappers not being musicians?
>>
turntablism has been around since the 70s lol
>>
>>70024026
*30s
>>
>>70023809
but it is an instrument. you manipulate it physically (stylus, mixer) to create sounds (music) and has been used as an instrument since like what, the 80s? the dude saying the 30s is just talking about the phonograph, pretty sure op is talking about turntables used exclusively to dj which wasn't popular until the 90s
>>
>>70024229
experimental musicians experimented with turntables (or phonographs) in the 30s and even more in the 40s and 50s.
>>
>>70024653
experimental musicians aren't djs.
OP is claiming millennials turned the turntable into the instrument which can only mean he's talking about todays obsession with black musi (hiphop/pop/edm) which are usually pushed by djs, not steve reich in the 50s 60s 70s
>>
Ben UFO
>>
>>70024883
Doesn't change the fact that that's not what turned the turntable into an instrument.
>>
>>70024970
what about that twink?
>>
>>70024229
DJing is not musicianship and most major djs would agree with me on that point.
>>
>>70025013
A mu god amongst plebs
>>
>>70025036
>DJing is not musicianship and most major djs would agree with me on that point.
no they wouldn't
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.