[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's better than SMiLE would have been, you know.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: SmileySmileCover.jpg (30KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
SmileySmileCover.jpg
30KB, 220x220px
It's better than SMiLE would have been, you know.
>>
Nah I don't think so, even if we're just going by the complete versions we have on the smile sessions (wind chimes, vegetables, heroes and villains), it had the potential to be one of the most accomplished albums ever made.
I love smiley smile though, and the stereo version is incredible.

SURE WOULD LIKE TO HAAVE A LIIITLE PAD IN HAWAAAIIIIII
>>
>>70016589
No, it's fucking not.

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>70017559
Yes, it fucking is.

Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>70017681
>>70016589
How so?
>>
>>70017681
>Hey lets take some great songs from a great album and put them on a record with half-assed hardly finished tracks that sound like rough edits we didn't have the patience to work on and release it as a finished product. If that doesn't sound great enough, lets take some of the great songs from said great album and make them half-baked versions of what they once were!

Not, it's fucking not. SMiLE Sessions and Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE have way better cohesion, direction, influence, and composition than anything on Smiley Smile. Don't get me wrong, SMiley Smile is fun, but it is NOT better than SMiLE and you should feel bad for even joking about it. Had SMiLE released in 67, fully recorded mixed and mastered, it would have been more critically acclaimed than Pet Sounds. The songs that make Smiley Smile even as good as it is are all songs ripped from the original Smile. He Gives Speeches is better than She's Goin' Bald in terms of composition and arrangement. She's Goin' Bald is fun, but as a piece of music in comparison to its original, it's extremely lack luster.
>>
>>70017912
He Gives Speeches is straight up garbage
>>
>>70017995
Yeah, sure it is.
>>
>>70018007
Glad you agree with me. There was a reason it wasn't supposed to be on SMiLE
>>
>>70016589
No, but for what we got it was still good.
>>
Does this record remind anyone else of Velvet Underground? Musically really similar, just less rock influence. But this did come out a bit after TVU's first record, could Brian have been influenced by Lou?
>>
>>70019649
>Musically really similar
>>
>>70016589
It would've been perfect if the piano demo of Surf's Up was tacked on at the end.
>>
desu Smiley Smile is still a perfect 10/10 to me, I can only imagine the fully realized Smile would be an 11.

>>70019649
The only similarity between Smiley Smile and TVU is the songwriters bring some avant-garde influences to the table. Aside from that they couldn't be more different. Smile is psych pop, very cheerful and innocent. TVU is rooted in urban decay, sexual deviancy, and substance abuse, and conveys this through noise and drones.
>>
What is a underrated SMiLE mix?
>>
>>70021979
How do you mean?
>>
>>70022226
Like one that's good, yet not a lot of people know about it
>>
>>70022243
When you say mix though, what do you mean? Like a custom playlist? Pretty sure there's only SMiLE Sessions, the original SMiLE recordings (which are completely unfinished) and SMiLE by Brian Wilson. I enjoy Brian Wilson's SMiLE a lot more as I've gotten older. I used to think his voice sounded horrible, but I've grown to like it a lot.

Just check out SMiLE Sessions from 2011 to get the best idea of what SMiLE was going to be like I'd say.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.