[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we agree that Waves is top-tier kanye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: folder.jpg (209KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
209KB, 1400x1400px
can we agree that Waves is top-tier kanye?
>>
>>70002626
hmmm ok
>>
>>70002626
Almost that entire album is mid/low-tier kanye
>>
>>70002938
Wrong, its top tier except for Freestyle which might be Kanye's worst song yet.
>>
>>70002955
>worse than Barry bonds and Drunk hot girls
>>
>>70002626
The whole album is great
>>
>>70002955
>>70003052
jesus christ >>>/ktt/ you embarrassing faggots
>>
>>70003081
t. pleb
also ktt has shit taste and tlop flew over people's heads there
>>
>>70002955
>freestyle
>bad
WAKE UP NIGGA WAKE UP
>>
>>70002955
Freestyle is one of his best
>>
>>70002955
>likes a shitty generic rnb-pop chris brown track
>hates on of Kanye's craziest and experimental tracks
I bet you think MBDTF is better than Yeezus too
>>
>>70005720
Shit I meant *one of Kanye's
>>
>>70002955
WHAT IF WE FUCK RIGHT NOW
>>
no more parties in LA is best kanye*
>>
>>70002938
Real Friends was high tier Kanye
>>
>>70002626
I miss the old Kanye
>>
BEAUTIFUL MORNING
YOU'RE THE SUN IN MY MORNING BABE
NOTHING UNWANTED
>>
>>70002626
the album is just mediocre. it's kinda sad, especially since he really does believe he's on top of the world

ultralight beam and no more parties in la are the only great songs, and even then just for production. lyrics throughout the album are awful. there are other passable songs on the album, but that shouldn't cut it for kanye

I thought the first half of yeezus was legitimately great. hopefully this album will just go down as a scrambled stop-gap and not a sign of things to come
>>
>>70006374
>it's kinda sad, especially since he really does believe he's on top of the world

You're joking right?

Kanye West is as fucking /r9k/ robot as I gets. He's just a robot who happened to get famous and is now just trying to keep up with the hype, but deep down he's really emotionally fucked and just wants to make music.

He gets so much shit from people, it's no wonder he had a fucking mental breakdown. He's just trying to live up to all the hype even though he wasn't made for it
>>
N O W I F I F U C K T H I S M O D E L
>>
why did he try to copy thugger lmao it was just embarrassing
>>
>>70006951
>kanye apologetics
>>>/frathouse/
>>
Fuck no. Real Friends, Ultralight Beam, 30 Hours, and No More Parties In LA are top tier Kanye. Waves is completely throwaway.
>>
>>70002955

Freestyle 4 is what I wanted out of Yeezus after he brought the roof down with On Sight.
>>
>>70010649

I disagree with you on ULB. Not specifically because it has no bars from Kanye, but that it's essentially Chance's track. Kanye may have vocals (passable at best) in the beginning, but the intstrumental really swells during Chance's verse, giving it power that Kanye didn't have during his verse.

It's a great opener, could be a great closer, and is an amazing Chance track, but it's not top tier Kanye.

The rest are some of my favorite tracks on TLOP, and of Kanye's discography in general. Not a huge fan of Kendrick's verse on NMPILA, mostly because I feel his pitch gets a bit grating after a while on this kind of track.

God damn it, I just spent ten minutes writing about an artist who became popular when I was four on a thread that'll probably 404 itself.
>>
>>70010838

Fair enough, Kanye doesn't have a particularly strong presence on ULB. It's a hell of a track, though.
>>
>>70002626
yes, real friends is the best on pablo though, probably in his top 10, maybe even top 5
>>
>>70010870

And to think that it's a bit of a Welcome to Heartbreak retread.
>>
>>70005720
MBDTF is better than Yeezus, but I like both albums
>>
>>70010939

This, except only like 3 songs from Yeezus.
>>
>>70010870
real friends and I Feel Like That really shows us what's going on in the guy's mind nowadays.
>>
>>70010838
You mean Chance stole the momentum, but you're retarded to call it a "Chance track", when Kanye designed the whole thing, put the chorus in, the gospel singer part, the bridge, the hook. Now just because you liked Chance's track, means all of Kanye's work and risk-taking goes out of the window and it doesn't count.

Stupid
>>
>>70011037

I think that's what my intent was when I was writing my response. I never said that all of Ye's work went out the window just because he had less of a presence than Chance on the track. I did say that it was a great opener, and intended to say that it was a great track where Chance was the main focus, since most of his stuff isn't quite there for me.

Also, there was more to my reply than just the first half, but I get that it was a controversial opinion
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.