[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be Here Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 3425345342534.jpg (496KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
3425345342534.jpg
496KB, 1425x1425px
Is this album as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>70002435
D'You Know What I Mean? is the only good song on it
>>
No. It's certainly heavily flawed but not terrible.
>>
>>70002462
My Big Mouth and It's Getting Better Man were great live on the Morning Glory tour.

All Around the World is from the pre-Definitely Maybe days as well.
>>
>>70002462
What about Magic Pie and half of My Big Mouth?
>>
>>70002435
Kind of, kind of not.

I don't really think any of the songs are bad in melody or whatever, in that regard a lot of it is more of the same from Morning Glory - maybe a step down in general quality. However the production both mixing and mastering is truly a worst of all time contender, it's so fucking loud and muddy it's literally just a wall of noise. This combined with the ridiculous runtime (pretty much every song is AT LEAST 2 minutes long) make it a tedious listen

It's still more enjoyable than any of their albums after. Dig Out Your Soul was decent but the rest were boring as shit. They basically became a singles band after BHN
>>
Its actually a great record. A few tracks should have been cut in half perhaps...but most of the songs are fantastic. People just get a kick out of bashing it (and Oasis in general). Fuck the bandwagon; listen for yourself
>>
>>70002511

Both Dig Out Your Soul and Don't Believe the Truth were great records; among their best imo
>>
>>70002511
they were so coked out of their minds that they didn't even realise it sounded like shit before they released it
>>
>>70002591
What's the best song on DBTT?
>>
>>70002511
Shame the "remaster" did nothing to fix any of that and an official "Be Here Now Remix" never ended up happening beyond track 1.
>>
can any drug people explain why cocaine is apparently such a bad drug for musical creativity? and are there any other examples of 'cocaine albums'?

given that weed, heroin, mdma, psychedelics and even booze all seem to have aided countless albums what makes cocaine different?
>>
>>70002718
It's really not except when used in excess. And the people that can afford to do that are usually artists who are so popular and acclaimed as Oasis were, they figured anything that shat out would be heralded as great.
>>
>>70002591
I don't care for DBTT besides the singles, but I really like the psych thing they had going on with DOYS. Also Shock of the Lightning and Falling Down were such great singles to end their career on, too bad no one really cared by that point. I'm Outta Time is less good but probably the best song Liam ever wrote too... maybe the only good one in fact :^)
>>
>>70002435
no
>>
>>70002761
that would have worked for them
shoegaze had a little period of time in which they couldnt do anything wrong

oh wait,this is britpop what we are talking about.....yeah,of course that mindset doesnt turn out well unless the fans are blind morons(BHN really sold well because of the hype though)
>>
>>70002632

Hmm right now Id probably say Importance of Being Idle. Thats an album I appreciate more as a whole than individual songs
>>
>>70002785

On DOYS my favorites are The Turning, Falling Down and I'm Outta Time
>>
>>70002943
>The Turning
Oh yeah, this one rox my sox too
>>
>>70002435
From that album i just have heard "the girl in the dirty shirt" and "big mouth" the others o don't find them bored but they aren't very catching... at least for me they don't
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.