[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 MUSIC CHALLENGES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 176x176px
Name your music challenges for the new year. Mine - not listen to any music recorded post-1960. I'm going to wear ear-muffs when I'm not listening to my eye-pod.
>>
The last sentence is a non-sequitur. Just reassuring you all that my ears will be cosy.
>>
Listen to at least 300 albums at least once in their entirety that are released between Christmas Eve 2016 and 2017

Peruse at least 20 seconds of literally every single album released in this time
>>
>>69992893
Good luck.
>>
I'm gonna do an album a day

Might start a blog of my thoughts on it
>>
>>69992923
Danke

My real goal is the 2nd part. I think 300 will be a piece of cake. I'm not even done with the first week and I've already heard more than ten and about half of them twice.
>>
>>69992968
What websites do you use to keep up-to-date with releases?
>>
Nothing But Martial-industrial March
>>
>>69992893
Are you including Bandcamp releases in 'all albums'?

Because there are a lot of albums released every day. Feel like you night need to put a qualifier on that
>>
>>69993340
Especially in this day and age I make literally zero distinction. The only real big distinction I make is between EP and LP which I mark at about 25 minutes. Then I basically go 12 minutes and under is actually a 7" single. Number of tracks is totally irrelevant to me.

>>69993054
Bandcamp is a huge one and even difficult to get a complete list even supplementing with Google. I am convinced that all of this is intentionally difficult so that bands can be charged to be put on new release lists no matter what the source like spotify or anything.

So then the most comprehensive list I've ever found is aptly named albumoftheyear.org

Other bigger lists like allmusic are out of control with just simple repressing let alone reissues. Even otherwise excellent genre specific lists like metallum suffer from this problem although nowhere near as much.

Then after that literally anywhere and everywhere I can.
>>
Which reminds me that I think Rum may be the most comprehensive but as I recall they wipe the list almost constantly. So maybe if I just simply stay on top of it from The beginning I'll be good.
>>
Fucking autocorrect

RUM = RYM
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.