[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Lil Yachty get so popular so quick? Is he an industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4594.jpg (388KB, 1203x803px)
IMG_4594.jpg
388KB, 1203x803px
How did Lil Yachty get so popular so quick? Is he an industry plant? He's kind of a fuckin poser and real rappers like Denzel Curry, Danny Brown, & Pusha T could fuck them up in a rap battle. Those are some of the greatest rappers working right now and it bothers me that crap trap like this can get popular so quick when it takes years of hard work and dedication to the game and art of hip hop.
>>
cuz it's fun to listen to.
>>
>>69989444
No he's not a plant, he's just focused on making pop music rather than rapping.
Peep his freestyles he can rap if he wants to, he just doesn't because it's not what's popular with white teenagers right now
>>
>>69989514
I never got this. If the lyrics are shit, it would have to be an extremely catchy beat and chorus to entice me.

All of Yachty's music has okay beats and bad choruses with shit lyrics.
>>
>>69989576
And that's what you call an opinion.
>>
There's something charming about an autistic kindergartener making happy trap music
>>
>>69989576
He's sort of this weird middle ground between mumble rap and this strange re-emergence of overusing autotune in memerap. Two horrible trends come together and regardless of the really poor quality lyrics and boring beats, people eat it the fuck up.
>>
COLD LIKE MINNESOTA COLD LIKE MINNESOTA COLD LIKE MINNESOTA COLD LIKE MINNESOTA
>>
>>69989444
>when it takes years of hard work and dedication to the game and art of hip hop.
I'll admit, you had me until then.
>>
File: YeezySeason3.jpg (115KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
YeezySeason3.jpg
115KB, 1200x630px
Yeezy Season 3
>>
File: this fag.png (725KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
this fag.png
725KB, 1024x728px
>>69989596
Everything is an opinion, allow me to elaborate.
(From what I've heard so far)
His beats are simple, they don't have much depth with multiple instruments or with choruses tied in to the beat.

His lyrics are repetitive and have almost no substance which is extremely common in rap at the moment. (Nigga nigga nigga)

His music videos are only entertaining if you find absolute randomness appealing, which I don't because its easy to do.

He's obviously not even trying to produce a good song considering all these factors.

My opinions is still an opinion but if you find his music good even subjectively, you haven't heard every other rapper out there or even a portion of them.
>>
>>69989700
Nigga it isn't supposed to be super deep or complex, it's pop music
>>
>>69989444
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIno9Hqx19Q
>>
>>69989722
Nigga pop music is supposed to be fun and his shit is slow and mediocre.

Nice reply tho
>>
>>69989700
>but if you find his music good even subjectively, you haven't heard every other rapper out there or even a portion of them.
why are u making your subjective opinion objective are you retarded?
I've been listening to fucking hip hop since outkast came out with hey ya when i was little. yachty isn't different than the shit that got popular back in the day in fact his pop songs are betterhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXBgSCSrIk
kys newfag
>>
>>69989751
>why are u making your subjective opinion objective
It's /mu/, that's what happens on /mu/
>>
>>69989751
You just admitted its the same quality of garbage, how is that any "better" if its still garbage?
>>
>>69989751
what you're seeing is the revival of southern rap in a new modern iteration. just like last time, its fucking terrible, proving once again that everything from the south is fucking retarded lol
>>
>>69989782
because it eventually goes away whining about it just keeps them relevant for longer.
>>69989785
true
>>
>>69989810
That doesn't fucking disprove a single thing I said about Yachty.

"This is bad"
>Other stuff was bad!
Its still bad
>Then stop talking about it!

Are you 11?
>>
>>69989830
are you 11?
Whining about it solves nothing especially on fucking 4chan.
Nobody is forcing you to listen to him. go support and buy the albums from artist you like
>>
>>69989869
You realize I was responding to someone saying it was fun music to listen to, right?

I didn't start a thread saying Yachty is shit. I gave my opinion on someone else's opinion.

Sorry my opinion tickles your sensitive spot, snowflake.

Maybe talking about him less on an anonymous website will make him die out!
I can only hope!
>>
File: 1482935825309.jpg (387KB, 1145x794px) Image search: [Google]
1482935825309.jpg
387KB, 1145x794px
>>69989894
>>
File: Yes.png (199KB, 486x766px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
199KB, 486x766px
>>69989910
Great rebuttal.
>>
File: peepee.jpg (90KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
90KB, 951x840px
"Lil Yachty can't rap" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-cesyyV7zg
>>
>>69989444
>rap battle
That's where you goofed. It's not hip hop. It's party music.
>>
Lil Boat is good everything else he's made (except all in) is shit
>>
>>69989830
How does a lack of depth make something inherently bad though
>>
>>69990317
Uhh, thats horrible
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.