[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I D-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 36bec56dedbb9cbf3ebc53ab52987ce9.jpg (361KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
36bec56dedbb9cbf3ebc53ab52987ce9.jpg
361KB, 2500x2500px
I D-
>>
what's some vaporwave that sounds similar to floral shoppe but distinct enough to not be considered a meme
>>
>mfw listening to it right now and it's even better than I remember
>>
>>69986700
eccojams

if you want something distinctly vaporwave that's not the same old floral shoppe chopped up/slowed down, try hologram plaza
>>
Boot is the superior song 420 is overrated on this album
>>
>>69987083
Chill Divin' > the rest of the album
>>
>Took consumerism themes from Ferraro but Ferraro already did them better
>Took sampling gimmick from Lopatin but Lopatin already did it better
>Took creepy trance vibe from Skeleton but Skeleton already did it better.
And this is why Vaporwave has no artistic value beyond being chill soothing music.
>>
>>69987162
this
>>
>>69987083
i like the YOU NEED A HERO song
>>
>>69986812
Adam Neely's analysis made me re-consider it. Not that I listen to it, but I can respect it in a way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVEez20X_s
>>
>>69987996
amen
>>
I listen to 420 at least a few times a month, theres something so fucking magical and touching about the track.

It's like a movie you need a build up for the climax to make sense and the I D- at the beginning is such a tease and gets you wrapped up in the groove, so when you get into the meat of the song, with the "Its your move" its like you are already in this honeyed funk and the lyrics just add to the emotion the singer is trying to get out and its just so beautiful.

And in my opinion when you finally get to the "IM GIVING UP ON TRYING TO SELL YOU THINGS THAT YOU AINT BUYING" its one of my favorite moments in all of music because it always feels like you earned it and hes finally expressing how he feels its just so perfect.

The journey the song takes you on is so perfect its something no other vaporwave song understands. Having one line looped is great in the case of something like A3, but why not have multiple loops and multiple parts to the song that guide you through it
>>
>>69988613
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVtvv3UH9LQ
>>
>>69989070
>mfw normies actually think vaporwave was ever something more than a meme microgenre fueled by idle teenagers with a copy of Audacity
>>
>>69989459
If it was just mememantics, why has it exploded into sub-genres?

And he is a trained musician who stresses the difference between the music on a technical level and the phenomenology of music.

And if you go in that tangent, you can make interesting observations. Such as why does ravers have all these outrageous clothes instead of utilitarian sport clothes? Because they aren't there to do X repetitions of movement Y with Z variations.
>>
>>69987996
true, but I'm glad it existed 2bh
>>
>>69989145
gay

This just in: vaporwave has and will always be for talentless hacks
>>
地理
>>
is vaporwave a meme?
i have a friend who insist on trying to convince me that it isn't but all vaporwave i've heard is just memes
>>
>>69986700
coredelay - www
looking through sheets - s/t
>>
>>69986700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7LVsr8pIOE
>>
>>69989801
far side virtual and eccojams are the only non meme releases
>>
>>69989712
>If it was just mememantics, why has it exploded into sub-genres?
Because normies are fucking stupid and will latch on to anything

Future funk, aka the only good deviation, is pretty much just a revival or spiritual successor of disco- and french house
>>
>>69990271
>he thinks future funk is good
opinion discarded
>>
>>69990292
because it's a deviation of disco- and french house as i said, aka the only good house music.
>>
>>69990450
err, spiritual successor of*, i'm retarded
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.