[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tame Impala

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: Tame-Impala.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px)
Tame-Impala.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Why does everyone on /mu/ hate this band?
Is it because it is a popular band that is genuinely good despite being relatively new and not having band members that are /ouguy/ tier like Kanye?

>inb4 XD LOL REDDITFAG HIPSTER MAC DEMARCO COCKSUCKING FAGGOT
>LEL I BET U LISTEN TO DAFT PUNK AND GORILLAZ
>MUH SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF MUSIC THEORY AND SUPERIOR TASTE IN MUSIC

I asked my dad to listen to Tame Impala, my dad being a music theory at a prestigious university, and even he enjoyed it.

What's your excuse now, hipster?
>>
>>69982828
Fuck I meant my dad being a music theory professor. Guess I should clear that up be for the XD LOL RAD MEMERS plague this thread
>>
>>69982828
Because it's shitty 60s rip off.

Literally Imagine Dragons for pretentious cunts.
>>
What bands sound like Tame Impala but are better?
>>
>>69982828
uninspired beatles rehash.
>>
>>69982958
MGMT (even tho they suck)
>>
>waaah someone doesn't like what I like
Just ignore them. Let bitter autist be bitter autist.
>>
One word: Hipsters.
I remember when Currents was being spammed, all the love turned into hate as soon as Tame became popular.
>>
>>69982977
Oracular Spectacular was decent and Congratulations is awesome.
>>
Because they still haven't released a new song that topped this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg
>>
>>69983025
>Being this immature¨
can't you just accept that people don't like tame impala because they make generally bland and boring psychedelic music.
>>
>>69983109
That's true, but contrarianism is also a heavy factor.

>>69982828
Woah, your dad is le music theory Einstein genius at Harvard? Better change my opinion
>>
Lotta effort for a shitpost
>>
>>69982928
>Literally Imagine Dragons for pretentious cunts

what a silly statement
>>
>>69983109
It's true, people here do not like being associated with normies, you can't deny that album was constantly posted here until Tame exploded in popularity.
>>
>>69983159
It's a big post.
>>
back when they released their first record (which is great, btw) I remember /mu/ creaming themselves over this band
it was when they turned into p4k darlings and hit mainstream success that most negative posts started popping up
statements like "it's a Beatles rip-off xD" are embarassing desu
>>
never met a single person irl who doesn't like them
their are popular af and deserve all of it
>>
>>69982977
thank you reasonable anon, I agree also

I think the real reason is (and I'm guilty of it as well) tame impala sounds great right off the bat and it's so shiny it must be great. But really when you go back to it you realize its just trite pop garbage with nothing else to give to you.
>>
>>69983444
>its just trite pop garbage
no it's 10/10 pop garbage
parker is a genius songwriter
>>
>>69982958
Dungen
>>
>>69983490
>genius song writer
>pop
ok. I mean thats not totally spitting on chopins grave or anything
>>
>>69983163
Silly but true
>>
>>69983373
>their are popular af
Tame impala fans everyone.
>>
>>69983529
>muh erudite music
classic autism
different skill sets and purposes, buddy. if you asked stockhausen to create a pop hit he would probably come up with something very trite
>>
>>69983092
Good taste anon -_-
>>
>>69983092
ahem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIVa7WEjXro
>>
>>69982928
>Literally
>>
I have read an interview where he said he had no idea he sounded like the Beatles. Either he is fucking with us or he's an idiot
>>
>>69982828
They're good, /mu/ is just contrarians.
They're definitely overhyped though
>>
Are they bad? I dunno I guess not.

Is their music engaging to me? Not even slightly, theres no vocal range, nothing exciting rhythmically or melodically, it's all diatonic, which is totally fine but there are bands that do it far better and more engaging. Also if I want vocal harmonies i'll listen to Beach boys, alice in chains or barbershop quartets.
>>
>>69983617
they don't sound like the beatles
his voice sounds like lennon, that's all
only musical embryos see this connection because that's all their brains could parse when thinking about summery 60s songs
>>
>>69983490
yeah right anon, you'll come around soon enough. Some of us just take longer to see the light
>>
>>69982928
everyone rips everyone off nobhead
>>
>>69983649
come on anon, It's the same even down to the musical equipment he uses
>>
>>69982828
Lonerism is /mu/core, people just don't like Currents because it's not as good as the first two albums and got really popular with the Urban Outfitters crowd
>>
>>69983650
>le condescending patrician
he's a great pop songwriter, anyone with half a brain can see this
probably my second favorite after ariel pink

>>69983684
sorry, I can't see it
>>
>>69983649
also he admitted in that same interview he sounded like them.
nice try though
>>
when i was really fucking stoned one time i listened to let it happen and i imagined a music video/painting of the rise and decline of human civilization in the future
>>
I [spoiler]love[/spoiler] them, but I'm fucking sick of the dumb comparisons.

>go to shittube
>listen to some psychadelic/alt
>comment section
>hurr durr sounds like tame impala! XDD
>literally everywhere.

No.

People need to get their ears checked.
>>
For real Currents is one of the best records of the past 15 years.
>>
>>69983549
>no comma
Lol fag!
>>
Lonerism was pretty good but Currents was hit or miss at best. It had some good highs though.
>>
>>69984458
>/r/indieheads
>>
you call me hipster when youre the one that listen to tame impala
>>
>>69983221

4 /mu/
>>
>>69982828
>>69982828
Honestly I loved their first two albums, and I never really care much for being contrarian anyway. However, the newest disco-tier crap they/he put out really turned me off. I can dig switching styles up, but it was so drastic and imo not even done particularly well or creatively apart from two or three songs on the whole album. Just my opinion, still jam to Innerspeaker and Lonerism tho
>>
why would i listen to this shitty faggot band when the brian jonestown massacre exists
>>
>>69985453
same anon, just wanted to add however that a lot of the album was much better live. they put on a really good show
>>
numale SJW hipster cuck: the band
>>
>>69983203
>canät deny that album was constantly posted here until tame exploded in popularity.
Uhhhh, yes I can I was here you spastic, people were pannin this shit since day one,
Tame impala has sucked and will always suck.
>>
File: 330815dd.jpg (177KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
330815dd.jpg
177KB, 722x1280px
>>69984202
is that like checking your privilege but for music?
>>
>>69982828
>band
it's just one guy, like the Trent Reznor Project
>>
I don't get the hate either. Lonerism is a fucking classic.
>>
they're alright. Currents was truly awful, but I did like Disciples
>>
>>69982828
He's from Perth and i'm from Perth so I gotta love him
He had a pretty good mix he played at Bar Pop the other night
>>
File: 1313650065749.jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
1313650065749.jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>69982828
>band
It's just one dude.
>>
He completely changed the style and tone of his music.

It used to be carefully orchestrated psych pop about being a freaked out depressed loner distrustful of people.

Now it's upbeat and funky and about changing, being hopeful and in love.

It was bound to piss people off, but it has nothing to do with the QUALITY of the music itself.
>>
>>69982828

The last song of lonerism "Sun's Coming Up" is the worst fucking song i've ever heard in my whole fucking life.
Literally sounds like a parody of a hipster band with horrible songwritting trying so hard to be quirky and "misunderstood".

>i don't know how to finish this shitty song lets put some weird guitars with effecctss at the end xD!"

People in this god awful board think that tame impala even has something to offer, every album of them is mediocre as fuck. Only 16 year olds take kevin parkers meme seriously.
>>
>>69983997
nice
>>
File: IMG_0309.png (51KB, 398x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.png
51KB, 398x409px
>>69982928
honestly this. some of their early stuff is pretty good but they are basically just ripping off the beatles and psych bands and marketing themselves to the urban outfitters crowd. currents isnt that great, the majority of people that like it are stoner college freshman who are in it mainly for the image. they think they are listening to something really good but really it has no substance, it just appeals to plebs because its accesible pop with delay and reverb on it.

i love mac demarco though
>>
>>69982828
someone's assblasted

cry more bitch
>>
>>69982958
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizzard
>>
>>69983092
shit, thats one of the only songs I really like from them
>>
>>69982828
It sounds bombastic but doesn't back the bombast up with emotional depth or viscerally catchy hooks.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.