[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of AC/DC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: AC-DC-LIVE-1982-NZ-49.jpg (82KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
AC-DC-LIVE-1982-NZ-49.jpg
82KB, 500x334px
What does /mu/ think of AC/DC?
>>
Another classic no-nonsense rock band that /mu/ dislike for some reason.
>>
The Bon Scott years are God tier rock n roll. The Brian years are patchy at best, but has its moments. If you get a minute check out Phil Rudds solo album, good stuff.
>>
ACxDC > AC/DC
>>
"If you don't own Back In Black, you're wrong. If you don't like Back In Black, you're a fucking idiot." - Mark Prindle
>>
Dated dadrock.
>>
The same song everytime: the band.
>>
"AC/DC is my all time favorite band. They really know how to rock!" - Jeff Mangum
>>
>>69981563
What is even ''rocking''? I've never understood. How do you ''rock''? or better yet, how do you ''rock and roll'' and how is this important to the music?
>>
Bon era is fucking god tier. Brian era is pretty shit apart from the first two albums
>>
>>69981582
rocking and rolling was dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOLOeaYjRME
>>
>>69981552
barely listened to them but is there much wrong with just feel good loud guitars with the odd flashy solo?

also they're a fantastic live band
>>
>>69981624
And how does AC/DC make a connection here? Did they make people dance like this?
>>
>>69981664
Nothing wrong with it, it just means you're simple minded. And that's okay.
>>
Dated dadrock. 2/10 band.
>>
>>69981915
Thanks for the evaluation.

Who knew it was as simple as acknowledging some people may enjoy classic rock music eh?
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Back in Black [Atlantic, 1980]

Replacing Aerosmith as the band of choice for heavy machinery-admiring primitives, these Aussies are a bit too archetypical for my taste. Angus Young does come up with some killer riffs, though not as often as a refined person like myself would hope, while newly-recruited singer Brian Johnson shrieks like he has a cattle prod at his scrotum, just the thing for fans who can't decide if their newfound testosterone is agony or ecstasy. Songs such as "Given (sic) The Dog A Bone" and "Let Me Put My Love Into You" contain all the unimaginative sexual acts you'd imagine, while "What Do You Do For Money, Honey" has fewer answers than the average secretary would prefer. My sister is glad they don't write poetry, and if you're male, feel free to share her relief. Brothers are more deeply implicated in these matters. B-

For Those About To Rock...We Salute You [Atlantic, 1982]

Brian Johnson firmly takes over and makes the band into his own, replacing Bon Scott's old-fashioned raunch with an anthemic grandiosity more suited to their precious heavy metal status. Myself, I'd appreciate some reassurance that Johnson knows the difference between his dick and the light tower. C+
>>
Who Made Who [Atlantic, 1986]

The soundtrack to Stephen King's "Maximum Overdrive" works well by emphasizing tunes and keeping the sexism muted (of the 9 tracks, Bon Scott appears only once, on the tired "Ride On"), while two of the three new songs are instrumentals. I only wish their one true masterwork, the drum-hooked fucksong "You Shook Me All Night Long" wasn't buried on side one the way it's buried on side two of "Back In Black". But this is their most presentable collection nonetheless. B

Blow Up Your Video [Atlantic, 1988]

The brutal truth is that sexism has never kept a good rock-and-roller down. From Muddy to Lemmy, lots of powerful rock has objectified women in objectionable ways. But rotely is not among them. I mean, these guys have never known how to throw a party. Sure, their costumery was good for a laugh, but Angus Young has always been stingy with the famous killer riffs, while Brian Johnson shrieks far too much, his voice growing hoarse with the encroaching years. Their reunion with Vanda and Johnson no more signals their determination to make good albums than does Elton John's reunion with Bernie Taupin, it signals desperation and commercial panic, and unlike Elton, they're unlikely to reverse their downward sales course. I look forward to their retirement and the inevitable best-of collection that follows. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>listening to dadrock
>>
Not bad for their day but should have stopped a long time ago.
>>
>>69982625
Go shig your dig somewhere else boy, I like something I will listen to it
>>
>>69982625
This meme really outs /mu/ as being teenagers. Why is it a bad thing if your dad listens to some band and you do too?

It's absolutely the mindset of a stupid fuckin teenager who is still in the rebellious phase where everything associated with your parents needs to be rejected.

So fucking pathetic.
>>
>>69982950
His dad used to beat him while playing Highway to Hell.
>>
I really don't understand why everyone loves them. My personal favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Kinks, and The Who. So as you can see all classic rock and all 80s rock. But AC/DC was just simply awful. The drumming was so simple I could teach a monkey to drum to 95% of their songs. The guitar was also very simple. Angus Young was ranked I think 93rd of the best guitarist of all time. I really don't even think he belongs in the top 300. The vocals are just annoying as all hell. I'm sorry but screaming like that was just not talented. Does anyone agree with me?
>>
>>69983247
The Beatles are the same or worse, not meme'ing.
>>
>sing about how rock and roll ain't never gonna die
>36 years later
>rock is kill
>>
>>69980240
literally Popeyecore
>>
>>69982421
>>69982394
>this much white knighting of pussy
Christgau confirmed for the original nu male.
>>
>>69981674
you fucking autist go back to your kpop general, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: IMG_8002.jpg (81KB, 780x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8002.jpg
81KB, 780x607px
I'd rather listen to Motörhead or ZZ TOP
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.