[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Travis Miller General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: lyle.jpg (66KB, 350x225px) Image search: [Google]
lyle.jpg
66KB, 350x225px
Personal thoughts:
Which is best at? Spitting verses, producing, noise, death metal, etc.
Best alias? Lil Ugly Mane (Lyle Uglyman), Shawn Kemp, Vudmurk, Dale Kruegler, The Complaint Register, Spook Lo, Yung Gus, Across, Cat Torso, Dreamo and Stormguy, Public Garden, Fat Greg da Breadman, Slumpy D, Lordmaster DJ S.K. the Subterranean Suspect
>>
>>69978707
He's best at rapping/producing, but is vastly overrated at doing it.

Lil Ugly Mane is a caricature of a memphis black rapper, mixed with a b-movie horror persona and aesthetic.

Ugly is GREAT with words, but he is just a flip side of the Iggy Azalea's of the world; shameless cultural appropriation. I don't necessarily have a problem with it, but this really is 21st century blackface. Really strange that no one has really pointed this out.

And no, I don't think him rapping about violence selling drugs etc is blackface, it's his inflection and delivery, and the connection to Memphis rap is undeniable. Add onto that the Riff Raff-esque caricature of a bad ass street rapper slash mournful criminal and it's just blatantly apparent.

His production can be quite good, but quite subpar as well. Melodically it's always pretty good, but his drums can be generic and weak, to be frank.
>>
>>69978707
lil blackface man. hes just as bad as marquis hawkes, bitch ass darius, etc....
>>
>>69978830
I would say that with MTI but not OA as much. The deep voice and street raps just weren't there on OA. It was more of internal battles and b-movie horror to me. Plus, the production wasn't as catchy, but still very on point. A large chunk of white rappers / hip-hop artists take on the persona of a struggling, ghetto-esque black man if you really think about it though. Just throw in their own style to it and no no on the N word. So, are all white rappers, within reason, doing blackface then? Is Kanye a whiteface rapper because he doesn't talk about the streets, just living the luxurious, stereotypical white man would?
>>
File: Neijingtu_poster.jpg (3MB, 3189x4843px) Image search: [Google]
Neijingtu_poster.jpg
3MB, 3189x4843px
y'all see that interview he did?
sucks that was his first technical face reveal
he shoulda jus don a no jumper
>>
>>69978830
>>69978909
you guys exaggerate the "problem" of cultural appropriation. cultural appropriation is how art always has worked and developed (and improved), and also is probably how it /should/ continue to, not only to keep it fresh and innovative but because nothing should be taboo in art.

Lil ugly mane isn't that great though, I'd say the b movie aesthetic is classic in memphis rap but he doesn't execute it very well, he sounds more like a parody than an homage, but it isn't funny either so I don't see the point. the production is nice and psychedelic, but never too interesting or challenging, and it pales in comparison to classic memphis hip hop. it doesn't go hard and sounds too vaporwavey and overproduced
>>
>>69979023
is the full video uploaded somewhere? only saw a minute long clip. its a real trip to see him speaking though
>>
>>69978971
I literally just said
>And no, I don't think him rapping about violence selling drugs etc is blackface, it's his inflection and delivery
>>
>>69979032
Suggestions for good Memphis Rap?
>>
>>69979073
Mystic Stylez and Underground Vol 1 by Three Six Mafia are probably the most obvious recs
>>
>>69979056
So, if he inflected and delivered more like Daveed from clipping. it wouldn't be blackface then?
>>
>>69979117
Well if he didn't try to sound like a black person, yeah it wouldn't blackface. Yes.
>>
File: raf guitar boy.jpg (89KB, 598x607px) Image search: [Google]
raf guitar boy.jpg
89KB, 598x607px
>>69979054

i can't post it (cuz 4chan is detecting it as spam) but it's on the Ham On Everything facebook page
prepare to be disappointed everyone....
>>
>>69979073
>>69979104
pretty much was going to say this too, plus koopsta knicca
>>
>>69978971
>So, are all white rappers, within reason, doing blackface then? Is Kanye a whiteface rapper because he doesn't talk about the streets, just living the luxurious, stereotypical white man would?
you are retarded. its problematic if youre white and make black music period rap, house, techno, etc... its made worse when you fetishize or make fun of cultural linguistics or lifestyle. ie. talking about sipping lean and gang violence. or calling your track "get yo ass off my grass" and naming your release after a housing project in chicago rampant with gang violence and known for city neglect when you are a white house producer from chicage who purposefully doesnt take pictures of your white self.

black ghettos and slums are the result of systematic racism leading to poverty, violence, drug use, and difficulties but also places of rich culture often as an outlet for people who have no option but to join gangs or be involved in criminal activities as they have no other options and as a necessity for survival. that culture is uniquely classed and raced. blacks in the middle or upper class like kanye are not appropriating "white culture" as if that were even a thing. kill your self alt-right boy
>>
>>69979225
>only blacks are allowed to do drugs and participate in gang violence

how racist of you
>>
>>69979225
>its problematic if youre white and make black music period rap, house, techno etc...

Ehh I don't know about all of that.
>>
>>69979225
Hoky fuck man just go back to tumbrl lol
>>
>>69978909
i just found out he was white like yesterday. I'd pictured a bitter, drugged out, grimy MC Ride-esque black dude from his voice
>>
>>69979225
>"problematic"
What mental illness do you have, tumblrina?
>>
get the fuck out of the thread milo and jpegmafia
>>
>>69979225
Thanks for clearing that up Ronald Reagan.
>>
>>69978707
Wish he'd do more with Lordmaster myself.
>>
someone link the whole interview, this shits historic

>>69979225
kill yourself faggot, youre worthless
>>
NEW ALBUM WHEN

>>69979225

>house, techno
>black music

ayy lmao

house and techno wouldn't exist without the innovations of older white bands such as Neu and Kraftwerk, and they wouldn't exist without the innovations of white composers such as Stockhausen and Schaeffer.

also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JmZYMKjaog
>>
What do you guys think about the two new songs thay he released?

https://soundcloud.com/thesecretcircle/satellite-ft-despot-produced-by-shawnk-kemp

https://youtu.be/NwbwARkV29o
>>
>>69980988
I enjoy them both so far. Especially the feature with Despot. When is he finally gonna release something?
>>
File: IMG_0159.jpg (64KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.jpg
64KB, 600x394px
>>69979225
>>
>>69979154
nice raf t shirt
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.