[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lo-fi Hip Hop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: a4153313491_16[1].jpg (40KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a4153313491_16[1].jpg
40KB, 700x700px
What's /mu/'s opinion on Lo-fi Hip Hop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbGoW-L_zwk
>>
Sounds rather gimmicky, the best lo-fi artists adopted the aesthetic out of necessity rather than as an artistic choice
>>
>>69973262
You think they've been following the anime trend after nujabes? Personally, I like the sampled hip-hop. I can't stand an MC rapping over the production.
>>
Just admit you want more Nujabes already, Anon. I'm here to help.

https://youtu.be/2ET_CYogZek
>>
bunch of nerdy white guys with samplers
>>
>>69974344
So I take it this board doesn't like this stuff?
>>
File: 0002957245_10.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0002957245_10.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
I've kinda been a part of this community (the different forums and chatrooms) for a while. The music is nice, and even though I've never watched an anime voluntarily (except for a few episodes of samurai champloo) I do enjoy the anime "aesthetic".

But the lack of originality and imagination in this community is fucking astounding and that's why I hope it dies soon. I don't understand it, they idolize guys like madlib, flylo, samiyam, ras g, knxwledge, mndsgn, you know, people who take inspiration from the lofi thing and make incredibly unique and interesting music, but all these soundcloud kids wanna do is loop some overused sample for 1 minute with a kick, snare, hat and some vinylcrackle over it. Like I said, some of it is really nice to listen to while taking a walk in nature or something but it gets really boring really fast.
>>
>>69973131
genre is becoming oversaturated
>>
>>69973262
This isn't even really lo-fi but I agree with your sentiment.
>>
>>69976082
>>69976855
FINALLY people agree with me on this. This is the flipside of trap. Anyone not doing trap type beats are just making this boring shit
>>
>>69973131
Best hip hop
>>
>>69976907
It's getting repetitive, that is true. But things do still shine. Sooner or later people will move on to another genre, and we get to keep our shiny things.
>>
i love the sound but too many people try and go for the exact same thing

i.e. lets take this one sample and this one break and stretch it with little to no changes for 2-3 minutes. shit gets stale after awhile. granted there are a lot of great artists using the sound theres just too many that blur together

also if i had a nickle every time i heard a wes montgomery sample i'd be fucking rich holy shit
>>
>>69976082
Thissssss. I have a friend who's really into vines that have lofi hip-hop taken from soundcloud producers on loop and almost every single one of them is exactly the same thing. Maybe like one out of every 25 songs that I hear from that scene is actually even remotely interesting
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.