[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Radiohead the most important band of our generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Radiohead.jpg (60KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.jpg
60KB, 600x527px
Was Radiohead the most important band of our generation?
>>
he's pointing at us
>>
>>69963563
If the late 90's and early 00's were your generation then sure.

If your asking of the current generation, then I would say no.
>>
unfortunately
>>
>>69963563
Not for the current generation. The current generation's is Frank Ocean or Grimes.
>>
>>69963865
I wouldn't say Frank is that influential.

Regarding hip-hop, I would vote Kanye as the most influential/important of our generation.

I don't know shit about Grimes.
>>
>>69963865
>Frank Ocean or Grimes
Do people actually believe this?
>>
>>69963928
It's /mu/ breh, don't dig too deep.
>>
>>69963865
you mean kanye and rihanna
>>
>>69963865
typical white liberal bubble thinking
>>
>>69963966
>Rihanna
>important
The most impressive thing she's done in the past decade was cover a Tame Impala song.
Which goes to show that Tame Impala was the most important artist of the current generation.
>>
>>69963563
they popularized IDM so yeah kinda
>>
>>69963865
Grimes. grimes, grimes. (Grimes)
>>
>>69963563
They're not of "our" generation, dad.
>>
>>69963903
Frank is so influential he had the entire youth populace hanging by the edge of their seats for his album for two months this past summer, and longer than that for hardcore fans.
He's going to be cited as a massive influence for the upcoming generation.
>>69963986
Conservative here
>>69964071
Tame Impala is up there but they sound too similar to '60s psych bands to be #1
>>69964141
Grimes
>>
>>69964071
Maybe the Tame IS the most important

They aren't the biggest band in the world but certainly one of the most interesting mainstream acts in the 2010s

It's really hard to say who is/was the most important until years after.
>>
>>69963865
Those are solo artists, not bands.

The most important band of our generation is probably My Morning Jacket or Arcade Fire.
>>
>>69964188
i will make make delusional conjecture and nobody will care
>>
>>69963865
Kill yourself
>>
>>69963563
Yes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.