[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums you wish you didn't "get"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 147516.jpg (841KB, 1547x1547px) Image search: [Google]
147516.jpg
841KB, 1547x1547px
ITT: Albums you wish you didn't "get"
>>
File: 51sBFJYnq6L.jpg (40KB, 500x496px)
51sBFJYnq6L.jpg
40KB, 500x496px
>>
>>
Why?
>>
I don't usually 'get' albums. I just enjoy them.

>Inb4 50 people calling me a pleb.
>>
>>69953171
Awwwwww. Does the douchey little Nu Male haz a sad??
>>
>>69954267
cause they now think they are patricians enlightened in music and cannot go back to being normal
but they dont know they are in their early 20s with minds of edgy teenagers
>>
>>69954267
Absolute nihilism and self-hate
>>
>>69954381
Themes only present on the album in passing?
>>
>>69953171
getting this album has nothing to do with social anxiety
people who like spiderland because they related to don aman didn't appreciate spiderland for all its genius
>>
>>69954425
t h i s
>>
>>69954425
>blindly assume that the OP only understood 1 of the 6 songs because that gives you something to say and a platform to shit on

Put a knife to your throat.
>>
>>69954479
i assumed because "getting" an album is never negative unless you're "getting" it because you understand or relate to it in a negative way.

"Oh, I wish I didn't get ok computer,"
-Why?
"now I hate modern society"

e.t.c
>>
>>69954566
>assuming that albums always have positive meaning
>>
>>69954566
It's easy to foster a negative interpretation of each song. You singled out Don, Amon because it's the most immediate.

Additionally, you're blindly assuming that "getting" the album lyrically would inhibit his, or anyone else's, capacity to understand it on levels more analytic and musical.

You are blindly assuming shit because it gives you something to say, gives you a platform from which you can spout shit and feel better and more "enlightened" than someone else.
>>
>>69954638
neither spiderland (if it has meaning) or ok computer have positive meanings
thats not what im saying
i don't think you understood what i said at all

if OP had included pink moon or ok computer or any other depressing album i'd agree with what they're saying

but spiderland is not about that
>>
>>69954684
massive projection
i like talking about spiderland, theres no enlightened and non-enlightened in this conversation

im singling out don aman because I keep seeing people talk about appreciating spiderland because they relate to it
which sort of bypasses all the far more interesting things about it they're not catching on to

ya im assuming a lot, its 4chan, if i didn't no conversations would take place
>>
My understanding of spiderland is mostly social anxiety, self hate and being completely lost without a purpose in life as a young adult (while dealing with some depressing stuff from the past, we'll probably never know from the interviews). That's the overall vibe of the album, not just don amon.
>>
>>69954760
don stepped outside..
>>
>>69954760
>there's no enlightened and non-enlightened in this conversation
You shouldn't have accused others of not appreciating Spiderland for all its genius if that's how you feel.

I know that's why you singled out Don, Amon. I see others do it all the time, but you could've just hinted at whatever it is you think the OP's missing instead of posturing.

Additionally you could've just asked the OP to explain his thoughts. There are numerous ways to have a conversation on this topic without assuming shit.
>>
>>69954883
it felt good to be alone
>>
>>69954904
if i wanted to have a normal conversation like you want me to i'd have it with my friends
its 4chan, so i and anyone else can assume and nitpick and be a cunt about an album no one in the real world really knows as much as they want
>>69954868
i don't agree at all, it's a lonely and haunting album but i don't think it's about nihilism or self hate, and the social anxiety only comes in at don aman, the rest are about roller coasters and princesses and ghost ships
washer might be about suicide - its ambiguous, you may be right there
>>
>>69955032
I know you can. You forget that the only reason I replied to you was to say you're a cunt using blind assumptions to warrant your otherwise irrelevant opinion, because it gives you a platform to shit from, because you're not interested in an actual conversation.

You're free to do all of that, but don't pretend that you're anything but a cunt when you do.
>>
>>69955032
>>69955115
g-guys... stop fighting
>>
>>69955158
Shut the fuck up, cunt. I'll stop when I'm done and not a moment sooner.
>>
>>69955115
maybe cunt can be my new tripname so everyone knows what they're getting into
>>
>>69955249
Couldn't hurt. I always thought that was an under-appreciated benefit of tripcodes.
>>
>>69954254
What's to "get", it's shit
>>
Yeah, total shit album.
>>
>>69955365
Hi, unty. I haven't seen you in a while.

How are you?
>>
File: cover.jpg (379KB, 1500x1500px)
cover.jpg
379KB, 1500x1500px
Cut Hands Has the Solution feels like (feels like) it was written for me.
>>
>>69956452
I don't like talking about myself.

Tell me how you're doing instead.
>>
>>69953171
blauuugh bleh gerogerogerogero
>>69953670
what?
>>69954254
disgusting album
>>69956908
finally
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.