[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Most Lamentable Tragedy 7/10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: piero0.jpg (12KB, 378x468px) Image search: [Google]
piero0.jpg
12KB, 378x468px
The Most Lamentable Tragedy 7/10
>>
That's a patrician toddler right there
>>
what did he listen to back then?
>>
File: IMG_5799.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5799.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>Butthole Surfers
>9/10
>>
File: 1479087165736.jpg (27KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
1479087165736.jpg
27KB, 639x475px
>"While the music is the exact opposite of "groundbreaking", one has to give him credit that not many singer-songwriters have been able to express their most personal feelings with such clarity and nakedness."
>mfw scaruffi is letting "muh feels" dictate his taste now

Is he going soft now?
>>
File: IMG_4988.jpg (46KB, 750x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4988.jpg
46KB, 750x706px
>>69950695
LOL he actually said this?? It literally goes against his reviewing guidelines of objectivity over subjectivity
>>
>As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.
>trivial "music"

what did he meme by this?
>>
>>69950781
he probably feels that his "clarity" or whatever is objectively a good form or artistic expression
>>
>>69950845
He meant to keep himself relevant with the shitposter demographic.
>>
>>69950695
>>69950781
feelings was always part of his reviews? and those are the artists feelings not his own, don't misunderstand it

read his review of lisa germanos geek the girl.
completely non-ground breaking but completely "naked"
>>
>>69950582
psychic powerless is a masterpiece
>>
holy shit it's real
>>
File: HonkHonk.png (42KB, 732x486px) Image search: [Google]
HonkHonk.png
42KB, 732x486px
As in most matters, he's absolutely right. TMLT was a textbook pleb filter album, and it filtered the fuck out of plebs like Fantano. No Future Part IV, Fired Up, I Lost My Mind, Fatal Flaw are all among their best songs.
>>
File: AFrog.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
AFrog.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>random broken link at the top of the TA page
>>
>>69950845
Bowie is a fake
>>
He's right

this album gets extremely close to toppling The Monitor.
my AOTY of 2015
>>
>>69950356

agree desu
>>
>>69950845
>Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.
>>
>>69950845

tfw he's always right
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.