[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best 80's albums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: make it big.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
make it big.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>
>>69947467
gay faces
>>
Pixies- surfer Rosa, melvins- stoner witch, the killing joke- night time, Jesus and the Mary chain- psycho candy,
>>
Half japanese - 1/2 Gentlemen, Arthur Russell - World of Echo, Various Artists - Miniatures 1
>>
You posted it OP
>>
>>69947467
I have a strong fondness for 80's punk rock, so i gotta go with Bad Religion's Suffer.
>>
Wham probably
>>
>>69947467
tears for fears > wham
>>
>george michael died now i must act like i've always loved him and that wham, one of the most average bands ever, made one of the best 80s albums

get out
>>
>>69947903
fuck off he defined the 80s
>>
>>69947903
>implying make it big wasn't a great album from the 80's regardless g. michael died or not
>>
File: IMG_1024.jpg (20KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
20KB, 220x220px
>>
File: 220px-Joy_Division_Closer.jpg (8KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joy_Division_Closer.jpg
8KB, 220x220px
the 80s were hell, only recovered in the 90s
>>
Wham was never good to begin with, fuck off.
>>
>>69947920
>>69947947
no
>>
>>69947467
You started with the right answer. Wham! is the fucking best
>>
DEFINITIVE BEST ALBUMS OF THE 1980S

Donnie Iris & The Cruisers - Back on the Streets
Divinyls - Desperate
Sparks - Angst In My Pants
Devo - Freedom of Choice
Elvis Costello - Imperial Bedroom
Oingo Boingo - Only A Lad
Peter Hammill - A Black Box
They Might Be Giants - Lincoln
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Jimmy Buffett - Last Mango In Paris
Styx - Paradise Theater
Warren Zevon - Transverse City
Guns n Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Cardiacs - Little Man And A House And The Whole World Window
Bruce Cockburn - Stealing Fire
King Crimson - Discipline
George Clinton - Computer Games
>>
>>
It's MBV- Isn't Anything. Also Loveless was best of the 90s and mbv was best of the 10s.
>>
this one is actually annoying tbf. when bowie and cohen went I remember seeing people say the same thing but it just wasn't true - there were frequent threads about both of them (esp bowie). on the other hand i have barely ever seen wham or GM mentioned in the 5 years i've been here. even when there are 80s pop threads it's all depeche mode, xtc, tff, duran duran, new order and that one soft cell album. occasionally pet shop boys and abc. no one ever brings up wham.
>>
File: 220px-Meatpuppetsii.jpg (14KB, 220x218px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Meatpuppetsii.jpg
14KB, 220x218px
>>
>>69947630
Hey Dad
>>
Everything that Slayer and Bathory put out in the 80s as well as Venom's first 3 albums.
>>
>>69948607
>dad
>teen in the late 80s
your dad is awesome and you're underage
>>
>>69947467
Police - Synchronicity
Peter Gabriel - So
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Van Halen - 1984
Scorpions - Love at First Sting
Tears for Fears - the Hurting, Songs from the Big Chair, Seeds of Love
Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time
FNM - the Real Thing
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Phil Collins - No Jacket Required
>and last, but not least, I unironically love
Huey Lewis and the News - Sports
>>
>people pretending George Michael was good now that he's dead

I can't wait until everyone forgets he ever existed by the time the next celebrity popstar dies.
>>
>>69948764
real shame you didn't get dubs tbqhh
>>
File: facepalm-gcs.gif (1MB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm-gcs.gif
1MB, 340x340px
>>69948662
>underage
Check yo' math.
I was born in 1995 (which makes me 21).
Dad was 25 when I was born.
He was a teen in the late 80s

And yes, he is awesome. I love dad rock (The Pixies, Sonic Youth, Joy Division).
>>
>>69948764
>Huey Lewis and the News - Sports

I think it's generally agreed upon that despite its meme status this is still a fantastic album
>>
>>69948888
Quads checked, truthiness verified.
>>
>le george michael died now he's the goat haha r.i.p fuk u 2016 meme

quit kidding yourself redditors you didn't give a shit about this faggot then and you sure as shit don't give a shit about him now
>>
>>69948876
>>69948888
HOLY SHIT I SPOKE TOO SOON

FUCKIN CHECK'D
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.