[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mathrock is literally prog for numales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: pizzaplant.jpg (117KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
pizzaplant.jpg
117KB, 650x650px
Mathrock is literally prog for numales
>>
File: pizzalock.jpg (590KB, 1280x966px) Image search: [Google]
pizzalock.jpg
590KB, 1280x966px
Muh time signatures n shiet
>>
>>69944942
I like math but progressive not much
>>
>>69945045
mathrock is just rebranded prog but for millennials why don't you like prog?
>>
>>69944942
>Numale
When will this meme end
>>
>>69944942
yummy
>>
>>69944975
>Any music
>Muh scales and chord progressions
>>
>>69944942
prog is literally classical for numales
>>
>>69944942
Pizza is a vegetable
>atheists 0 megaman 1
>>
>>69944942

prog is literally watered down orchestral composition theory applied to inferior forms of music for fat greasy betas tho
>>
>>69944942
>>69944975
>that's "pizza" in the US

Damn that looks disgusting af
>>
math-rock is just emo but more interesting
>>
>>69944942
Any music that isn't bro-country is numale music t b h.
>>
>>69944942
>liking pizza
t. numale
>>
>>69946108
GAS IN MY TRUCK
>>
>>69946068
What does pizza look like where you're from?
>>
>>69944942
Prog is already for numales.

>>69945066
There is not a lot of overlap between prog and math rock. Math rock is much closer to punk than prog.

>>69946053
You are forgetting jazz fusion. Also most prog fans are skinny dorks, not fat betas.

>>69946068
The US is literally the greatest expert on pizza, cut your fucking tongue out.
>>
>>69947073
>Also most prog fans are skinny dorks, not fat betas.

sorry but this simply is not true
>>
>>69947212
Actual prog fans are either in their 50s or dead.

Maybe their children are fat, but at the time prog fans were skeletors.

Just because you might be fat and might like prog doesn't change history.
>>
>>69947233
>>69947212
>>69947073
WHY are you two insisting on things with only your anecdotes to rely on? God damn idiots. Link some shit or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>69947073
>there is not a lot of overlap between prog and math rock
literally shut the fuck up retard. They're the same and thinking otherwise is just you being ignorant
>>
>>69947073
jazz fusion isn't watered down composition though? complex harmonic progressions, making the melody extensions of chords, do you even know what you're talking about because it seems like you don't
>>
>>69945963
t. numale
>>
>>69949494
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnLdx2FyNqg

is not the same as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGhtlhPr_Pk

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN3Lk-PEFqA

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvn43iSvO74

talk about ignorance
>>
>>69945993
"no"
>>
>>69949569
Nigger, did you just use dream theatre as a fucking example of prog?
>>
>>69949599
prog bands fall under the same idioms
are you telling me bands didn't take cues from berklee prog/buttrock? because they absolutely did
>>
>>69945963
just be glad they aren't screaming sjw at everything anymore
at this rate nu male will die out a lot faster desu
>>
>>69949647
Listen to discipline and tell me that it's not extremely similar to mathrock. Obviously the band wasn't even thinking of a mathrock yet but hipsters weren't such a trend. Mathrock is just off brand prog.
>>
Most prog is actually incredibly generic music disguised as something intellectual. That's why most of it is so corny. It's part of the fun, yeah, but I hate how uppity prog fans are and act like their music is superior to anything.

I love Devin Townsend, one of the best prog artists, but he can definitely be corny at times. It just comes with the territory in prog.
>>
>>69949744
i knew some pleb was going to throw king crimson at me, no they're a jam band.
discipline is not extremely similar to mathrock, that's like saying dixie land is extremely similar to bebop. they're two totally different things that have two similar approaches, collective improvisation, but it doesn't mean they're the same. same applies here.
>>
>>69949868
le
>>
>>69949878
not an argument.
>>
>>69949892
le king crimson isn't a prog band
>>
>>69949917
le not an argument

I get it, you have some insecurity issues and feel you must flex your epeen. it's okay to be ignorant on the subject of music, not everyone went to college and took 6 semesters of music history.
>>
>>69949924
saying kc is a jam band is straight up wrong.
The Grateful Dead was a jam band. King Crimson is most definitely prog and good prog at that. If you think king crimson is a jam band, what do you think Genesis is?
>>
>>69949960
now you're shifting the discussion away from the original point. stay on track.
you're arguing mathrock is "off-brand prog" because hipsters (lol)
I'm saying if you actually follow the music, mathrock doesn't start to pop up until the 90s after punk, grunge, etc. if it were "off-brand prog" it would have came up shortly after kc made it big, no?
going back to my example with dixie land and bebop. similar approaches but two completely different styles of music separated by several decades. not to say they don't have overlap, but there is not one to one correlation like you mistakenly believe.
>>
>>69950052
Mathrock was around as early as '87 man though.
>>
>>69950094
that's awfully close to the 90s, isn't it? how long has kc been around?
>>
>>69950118
late 60s, how ever, the style of prog they were playing in the 80s is the style mathrock hipsters bit off.
>>
>>69950157
tapping on guitar? that's been around a lot longer than the 80s. hella is much closer to punk music aesthetic than it is to the prog aesthetic. loud, high energy, virtually sloppy style of play that puts energy over composition. can you say the same about 80s kc? I don't know if you can, but if you can convincingly argue otherwise, I'm listening
>>
>numale
I thought the new buzzword for "people I disagree with" was liberal
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.