[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does /mu/ stand on 80s music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Where does /mu/ stand on 80s music?
>>
File: erect.jpg (68KB, 338x308px) Image search: [Google]
erect.jpg
68KB, 338x308px
good
>>
Worst decade of music in the last 60 years.
>>
>>69938936
>not 2000s
>>
File: you.jpg (10KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
10KB, 258x245px
>>69938936

t. no taste pleb
>>
>>69938683
Best decade of music in the last 60 universes
>>
>>69939149
>>69938950
It's when music lost it's soul and became artificial electronic pap. Rock was just commercial manufactured buttrock for baby boomer Reagan faggots or hair metal. The few good underground albums were all surpassed in the 90s.
>>
File: youryou.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
youryou.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>69939192

This is a shit tier normie opinion like "rock died in the 90s lol"
>>
>>69938683
>Where does /mu/ stand on 80s music?
in the place where you live
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_OetMwdPs

secretly a jam with great guitar parts
>>
>>69939192
>soul
unless you're talking about the Soul genre, shut the fuck up with that shit
>>
>>69938936
>Worst decade of music in the last 60 years.

You
>>
>>69940469
It's a shame that band, more specifically, the singer went full faggot
>>
>>69938683
Underrated.

>>69938936
Exhibit A.

>>69939192
Yeah, if all you pay attention to is the pop charts, it wasn't that great. But the '80s was the first decade where independent and underground music, especially a lot of subgenres of rock and the roots of rap.

It wasn't a great decade for mainstream/radio music though, that's for sure.
>>
File: Youth of America [1981].jpg (103KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Youth of America [1981].jpg
103KB, 550x550px
>>69941207
Agreed. A lot of the pop was worse than the pop today imo because it tried to pretend it wasn't cheesy, but the development that post-punk brought to rock music was very much needed.
>>
File: IMG_3837.png (262KB, 249x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3837.png
262KB, 249x478px
if you like fag shit (i do) then its fuckin great. oingo boingo is just as fun 2 listen to as the name is to say and if you've got the patience to sift thru DM's and the smiths discographies then theres some real great shit. some INXS is alright, i havent checked out wham! yet so idk but DEVO fucking sucks imo... bauhaus and billy idol are tops. tears for queers is great and theres some good hardcore like the dead kennedys. worth checking out imo
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.