[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: VR-vs-CD1-630x310.png (139KB, 630x310px) Image search: [Google]
VR-vs-CD1-630x310.png
139KB, 630x310px
Which one /mu/?
>>
F L A C
L
A
C
>>
>>69935229
Laser disc is better than vinyl
>>
Eh, I'm fine with either.

Collecting is fun! :)
>>
Neither, cassettes all the way.
>>
>>69935229
Worship and Tribute, but I didn't think Yeezus was terrible. Not sure why you're pitting them against each other though, they're not really comparable
>>
>>69935265
buy them up now before everyone starts buying them
>>
>>69935295
this desu, so much better in everyway
>>
>>69935229
old music on vinyl, new music/digitally recorded music on cd
>>
>>69935295
Hey I like cassettes too. Just wish my player worked. Gotta replace the 38 year old belts
>>
>>69935265
If ypu're gonna do that then at least Pin VideoDisc against laserdisc. Vinyl in this context isn't video
>>
File: 3cyLdDF.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3cyLdDF.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>69935373
>Just wish my player worked. Gotta replace the 38 year old belts
funny, my player from 38 years ago still works just fine :^)
>>
>>69935336
Heh
>>
Why does it fucking matter
>>
>>69935571
My cassette player doesn't work. My 38 year old sanyo tp1030 works just fine
>>
File: How-To-Dress-Well-Care-640x640.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
How-To-Dress-Well-Care-640x640.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
What do you guys think of this?
>>
>>69935252
when the FIRST POST is also the BEST POST
>>
>>69935229
you posted a fake picture

they're not supposed to be the same size
>>
>>69935229

CDs are better in literally every way. The music on CDs isn't compressed at all.When people rip FLAC files, they're taking them from CDs.
The only reason people like vinyl is because vinyl sounds "warmer". This is because it distorts lower frequencies of sound.
Vinyl degrades, bends, warps, gets scratched,
NOT TO MENTION IT'S INSANELY EXPENSIVE
the vinyl revival used to be about people picking up rare gems at garage sales and op shops, oddities, stuff that you couldn't find online, for basically nothing, listening to your parents' record collection and being inspired. Producers like madlib and DJ Shadow bought tonnes of these junky records and sampled them.
Now it's become a cash cow, vinyl collectors are almost exclusively teenage girls buying the 1975, Halsey, 21 pilots, lana del rey and artic monkey records from Urban Outfitters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2hiNrW9eyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WptgTeLD39s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHX0d0f4Tzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXTZxjN68YE
A survey in the UK found that over half of vinyl collectors don't even listen to their records:
http://pitchfork.com/news/64834-half-of-uk-vinyl-buyers-dont-actually-listen-to-their-lps-survey-finds/
why, at a time when music is basically free, would you pay upwards of $20 for some piece of shit antiquidated medium? How stupid do you have to be? How mastabatory?
>>
>>69936098
a lot of the music on rereleased records are taken from digital remasters. Record know you're stupid, don't let them con you
>>
>>69936098
Now, I ain't the smartest but aren't modern CDs mastered like shit? I hear the vinyl version of MBDTF isn't brick walled and has an actual dynamic range.
>>
>>69936098
While I agree with you that it's not really the best medium, I just like the sound better. I like the idea of taking it out of the package, slipping it on the turntable, and listening for an hour or so. Sounds better to me. Those videos are hilarious though.

I'm disappointed what vinyls have turned into though. "Decor" "Old school style" "That's what it's for" Holy fuck that's retarded.

>>69936195
Not sure if bait but I've heard the exact opposite
>>
>>69935295
Cassetes
>Sound worse
>Fragile
>Tape breaks after repeated use

Why are people falling for this meme again?
>>
>>69936245
I'm not baiting. I'm being genuine. I thought that was the primary reason people like vinyl aside from being a hipster or one of those audiophiles who are on the spectrum.
>>
>>69936289
Well yeah the HDR and the better sounds are mostly why, but if you look at the amazon review of MBDTF they all say it sounds like absolute shit. I never listened to it other than on Spotify so I can't say
>>
>>69936314
>>69936289
I listen to the unmastered version and I think it sounds great. I would say its the version people should check out
>>
>>69936314
>>69936347
Yeah, I own the CD and use the MP3 rips. Going by what people are saying I don't think MBDTF is the only album that sounds better.
>>
>>69936347
Currently downloading, what should I expect?
>>
>>69936407
quiet. you have to increase the volume a lot to make it audible, but once you find a good volume, its gonna sound nice. No blaring synths
>>
>>69936449
It sounds a lot clearer and cleaner. Goddamn they botched that master
>>
File: 1471571817926.jpg (48KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
1471571817926.jpg
48KB, 462x462px
>>69935295

Cassette is just inferior to both, and in my mind CD is just a better version of it that replaced it as a compact, portable format. People these days like to accuse vinyl of being hipster but cassette is the true hipster format in how unabashedly obsolete it is.

Anyway, as for the topic, I collect both vinyl and CDs. I favour vinyl as what I look for first because I think they're just nicer as a physical product to own. Artwork is a big part the reason I like to buy physical copies of music, and nice artwork all big and blown up on a 12" is just unbeatable, especially when it's a nice gatefold or something.

CDs compliment my records very nicely though, since sometimes music is outright not available on vinyl, or it's too rare or expensive, or it's a bad pressing / shitty remaster etc. so in those instances I'll buy one of the good CD versions. While I don't think they're quite as substantial and just "nice" as a physical item, they're better than digital only, the booklets can be nice and they're refreshingly cheap by comparison to vinyl. Getting into records has also made me appreciate their technological advantages over vinyl, too.

If I had to live with one only I'd conceivably and begrudgingly lean towards CD since they're more practical and less costly, but I really enjoy owning both. Variety is the spice of life.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.