[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foo Fighters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why all the hate for this band? They've done some very comfy albums, and are great live too.
>>
>>69932593

>great live

The Best?
>>
They're for teenagers and normalfags, my least favorite people desu
>>
>>69932593
Nirvana Lite
>>
>Nirvana without Kurt Cobain doing quality check on the songs

Jesus Christ, it's not like Nirvana were that great in the first place but the Dave Ghrol band is just godawful
>>
>>69932650
So are Death Grips.
>>
they're ok
people on 4chan get angry at things irrationally and grohl is kind of an ass sometimes
>>
>>69932687
Really? I don't think they sound anything like Nirvana at all.
>>
>>69932727
It's what Nirvana would have sounded like if he actually let Dave write songs
>>
>>69932593
they're reddit personified
>>
first few albums are good but everything they've done in the past 10 years is the same radio arena rawk trite that becomes unlistenable after awhile.

i remember reading an interview from sonic highways i think awhile back where dave said "we could've released this really weird radiohead like album but we decided to stick with what we knew" and someone in the comments said "so you could have released a good album" and i laughed my ass off haha.

dave can write a great tune, i just wish it wasn't masked in the nickelback-like production that every one of their songs now has. there is nothing left to lose proves that they were once really good...
>>
>>69932727
Nirvana is grunge, Foo fighters is post-grunge. They have a few things in common: Shouting vocals, simple but catchy chord riffs, etc. Nirvana just does it better imo.
>>
>>69932727
>>69932840
For instance. The song Monkey Wrench took me forever to get into, I couldn't appreciate it until I really noticed the bassline. You hear the song Lithium on the radio, and everybody instantly knows that's a great song.
>>
Daily Reminder

If you have songs from a band called "the Foo Fighters" in your library, you should off yourself
>>
>they're all OOOOOOOHHH YEAH THE POWER OF ROCK N ROLL!!
and it's cringeworthy
music isnt terrible but it's the same for what 15 years ?
>>
If you're just looking for "rawk" for the sake of getting your blood pumping, they might fit the bill. (Even then, there's far better choices.)

That's all they're good for. Actually stopping to examine their music or lyrics, it's nothing but boneheaded bullshit without even the tiniest shred of substance. It's radio music to the fullest.
>>
>>69932820
Wasting Light was great though, come on.
>>
their debut is secretly patrician desu
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.