[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you partially judge someone based on their tastes of music /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

>>
>>69922278
no, that would be ridiculous
>>
hell yeah

why else would I come to this board
>>
>>69922278
Absolutely. It does give some insight into their personality.
>>
Only if they listen to country.
>>
>>69922278
Yes
>>
>>69922278

Only if it's the worst of that really forced "Urban Pop"

Then you know they're pretty probably really boring peoples
>>
>>69924884
What is 'urban' pop?
>>
all my closest friends have awful taste in music. i don't really know anyone with even slightly interesting taste, which is kind of a shame. but i don't think it's particularly relevant. all that's really implied with deeper/ obscure tastes is that the person in question is more introverted, perhaps more independently minded, and most of all has more free time on their hands. it certainly doesn't have anything to do with intelligence or how interesting a person is in general
>>
kinda
like, one of my roommates really liked Guns n' Roses and RHCP, so of course I judged him.
but the other listened to more chill edm-type stuff, which was more ok, so I didn't pay much attention to it.
>>
>>69924905

It's a really trendy thing we have here on France. Here are some examples:

https://youtu.be/tS7vvfBIQp4

https://youtu.be/uTJjd5MhXaE

These are really random examples and there a lot more to this trend
>>
>>69922278
Taste is subjective
somebody can think can and aphex twin are the best but if they act like uppity twats who think thats the end all to music i'll consider them cunts

you can like taylor swift for all i care just don't act like an asshole who thinks their taste= intelligence
>>
Yes but I don't associate with many people who aren't open to music, the ones I do are family and I can't avoid it. My friends and I all have pretty diverse tastes in music.
>>
>>69925003
if i knew you irl i'd troll you :)
>>
>>69924844
And rap. If they listen to country and rap then it's safe to say they're a pleb who isn't worth talking to.
>>
File: BelAir2_9.jpg (312KB, 575x865px) Image search: [Google]
BelAir2_9.jpg
312KB, 575x865px
>>69925024
try me, bitch
>>
I mean kind of. If all they listen to is the newest bullshit on the radio, I just assume they don't really care about music, which is fine. In general no.
>>
>>69925041
let's go tough guy
>>
I refuse to be associated with anyone who can't name at least 10 post-avant-crabcore compositions released in the last year.
>>
>>69922278
no I dont

>>69924844
do you mean that you don't like any country or that you approve certain artists?
>>
>>69922278
yes i consider hip hop and country fans to be absolute bottom of the barrel type of people at least pop isn't all about race and politics like that facebook news story i saw today about randy travis visiting a firefighter in the hospital in a police uniform. its like he just knew he would be against BLM because he likes country and "serves his country". The thought that the person he's going to visit might react negatively to it doesn't even cross his mind.
>>
If they play music it almost completely nulls out their shitty taste. Even if it's shitty music they play.
>>
I'm more likely to become friends with someone if they like the same stuff I do but there have been many exceptions to that. So yeah in a way, but I don't consider someone automatically stupid for preferring Beyoncé over Ravi Shankar.
>>
Only if they name Death Grips as one of their favourite artists
>>
>>69922278
Of course not. That would be stupid. I judge them entirely based on their taste in music.
>>
>>69922278
Personally, no.

But I have a friend who likes electro swing and I often question his sexuality
>>
>>69924954
It doesn't always have something to do with how much time one has. I've found some of the most interesting music during busy periods, and have experienced several droughts while having weeks of free time to listen to music, during which I've struggled to find anything that satisfied me
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.