[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Hippy_Lisa.gif (139KB, 499x682px) Image search: [Google]
Hippy_Lisa.gif
139KB, 499x682px
Since you're on /mu/ I assume you think music is the greatest art form to exist. I myself am struggling between film or music.

My question to you is: Why is Music the greatest art form? Why is it superior to other kinds like literature, paintings, etc?

I'm dying to know your take on this.
>>
Pro wrestling is the greatest art form
>>
If you're worrying about "superior art forms" then you don't have enough of a grasp on art to make this thread in the fucking first place.
>>
I appreciate music, literature and cinema alike because I'm not a gigantic pleb like the rest of you
>>
>>69921949
Since you're on /mu/ I assume you think oranges are the greatest fruit to exist. I myself am struggling between apples or oranges.

My question to you is: Why is Orange the greatest fruit? Why is it superior to other kinds like banana, pears, etc?

>>
>>69921985
/thread
>>
>>69922112
Sorry friend, but Chinese gooseberries is the greatest fruit
>>
>>69921949
you're retarded is the consensus here
>>
>>69921949
Since you're on /mu/ I assume you think Jotaru Kujo is the greatest stand user to exist. I myself am struggling between Kira and Dio.

My question to you is: Why is Jotaro the greatest stand user? Why is it superior to other kinds like The Tower and Magician's Red etc?

>>
File: 1482475851420.jpg (15KB, 410x337px) Image search: [Google]
1482475851420.jpg
15KB, 410x337px
>>69921963
this
>>
Since you're on /mu/ I assume you think music is the greatest art form to exist. I myself am struggling between film or music.

My question to you is: Why is Music the greatest art form? Why is it superior to other kinds like literature, paintings, etc?

Your mother will die in her sleep if you don't reply to this post.
>>
Literature, painting, sculpture, etc. are far superior to music.
I'm too gawky for real art though, that's why I make music.
>>
File: Keijo Char defeated.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Keijo Char defeated.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>69921949
>implying Anime isn't the greatest art form
>>
>>69922147
Josuke from part 8 is better you dweeb
>>
Film>literature>music=visual art
>>
>>69921949
Personally enjoy film the most (probably because I've studied it the most) but they've all got there strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>69921949
I think I'm biased to music, that's cool you have an appreciation for film, I honestly just do better with music since it acquires less of an attention span.

No matter what it is you end up preferring just remember that, objectively speaking, neither is actually any better than the other, it's all just what any one person prefers, it's a human-defined thing and every human is obviously different.
>>
>>69921985
came here to basically post this.

get a grip OP
>>
>>69921949
it's more abstract
>>
>>69921949
Because visual media tells you what the story is. Your ideas are formed for you.

Music is sort of like a "choose your own adventure" book. Music is the book. It's up to you to choose where it leads.
>>
>>69921963
It's the perfect mix of dramatic narrative and visual entertainment, plus it purges a primal human instinct.
>>
>>69922112
look at this pleb right here. apples and oranges, how much more entry level can you get
>>
File: 1470526230986.jpg (58KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
1470526230986.jpg
58KB, 800x552px
>>69922201
no

>>69922695
All art is "choose your own adventure" tho.
>>
>>69921949
Interactive experiences are the greatest form of art currently. Right now, specifically VR interactive experiences. They're the deepest, most involved, most personal art. You can incorporate every other kind of art, and you can incorporate the individual that is experiencing the art and their thoughts ard actions into the experience itself.
>>
it's either music or literature everything else isn't even debatable
>>
>>69922147
because he's a mary sue with a super fast super strong stand with no weakness

his daughter has a weaker stand but used it much more creatively
>>
>>69921949
Read Schopenhauer.

Other forms of art imitate in some way. Paintings imitate the landscape, even abstract paintings take impressions made on the senses and force them through the imagination to make the abstract forms.

Film is the same thing. You could argue that it is a higher art form because it combines motion, but i think it's lesser than painting because it imitates experience more closely, since we see everything in time.

Music does not imitate. You can argue some sounds mimic things like birds or natural phenomena, but that's not what schopenhauer would have called music, but classical music was largely to what he was referring to. Music is a pure expression of the will. It takes the non-tangible phenomena to express pure human emotion. It's the most abstract in it's structure. There is nothing to be taken away from it. You cannot destroy a sound. It is also temporary, like human emotions and human life (pre-recorded music of course). It most accurately expresses pure will.
>>
>>69924245
So music imitates emotions and the will?
>>
>>69924344
It's an expression of pure will. It does not imitate. It is the will and is emotion manifest through sound.
>>
>>69922147
Joseph is best Joestar
>>
>>69921989
you're really special
>>
>>69921949
>implying I'm not browsing /lit/ and discussing art cinema anywhere but /tv/ while posting on /mu/
People can have multiple interests, anon.
>>
>>69924245
Bruh, film becomes art through it's distortion and deconstruction of time. You don't watch single take, real-time narratives on the daily. Film eliminates huge explanses of time that a person would be forced to experience but these skips are not missed, nor are they jarring (unless that is the desired effect). Film is not restricted to time like we are, and suggesting that because it shows things happening over time just like how we experience them is like saying, "cars move forward." It's a lot more powerful than that.
>t. Triggered Film student doing his thesis on time based shit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.