[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rapper makes a """diss""" track

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1439814049885.jpg (731KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1439814049885.jpg
731KB, 1200x1200px
>rapper makes a """diss""" track
>>
>rappers make diss tracks about each other
>the inferior rapper with the larger fanbase but worse diss track claims the win
>i'm talking about drake
>>
>>69921468
but drake is better than meek mill could ever hope to be lmao get real
>>
>>69921468
It helps that corporations and fast food franchises like Burger King hopped right on to attack Meek Mill with memes while advertising their product, defending their golden jew boy, "how do you do, fellow kids"ing and plugging their disgusting food in one fell swoop
>>
>>69921491
>>
>>69921468
>drake
>inferior to Meek Mill

besides not writing all of lyrics in what category/statistic? You're just a contrarian shit who probably didn't even listen to the actual diss tracks
>>
>>69921509
t. r/hhh/ babbie
you can discuss hip hop with the big boys when you listen to more than 100 albums
>>
>>69921491
Well you can't compare them as rappers as Drake isn't a rapper and more of a product. He's a face for other rappers to funnel their raps through so they can both make money.

Musically you could make that argument, but that's not quite fair since Drake again is nothing of a musician and more of a walking corporate billboard.

Meek at least writes his own raps and has some kind of struggle and heart to his music, even being as obnoxious as it is.
>>
>>69921529
and at the end of the day drakes music is better than meek mills

You brought up a lot of interesting outside points but like I said ealier, besides not writing 100% of his lyrics, the only way you could say meek mill is a better artist than drake is if you're a 90s "real hiphop head" which is cringier than Drake could ever be
>>
>>69921528
Drake fans are always projecting.

>>69921520
War Pain was the best out of all the diss songs released

Back to back had a couple of good lines but I still don't get how the guy who actually got pissed on won at anything. Drake fans are just sycophants who would accept him pooping into a mic as a better diss track.
>>
>>69921543
>Being into the golden era of hip hop makes you cringier than a child actor who claims he's hood and will totally catch a body if he wants to, with legions of faggots slurping up his every word

Nah. I'm gonna go with Drake being the cringier one here.

I'd take Meek Mill's music over MOST of Drake's any day of the week. Drake has quite a few better songs, but too many hotline blings and cringy attempts at gangster-isms to even be on my radar artistically. And even Drake's good songs are only good because of the beats.
>>
>>69921545
>the guy who got pissed on

It's hard not to project when you keep focusing on the same irrelevant shit that ktt and /hhh/ users do, you can hate his fanbase as much as you want, shit on him for his celebrity/pop star status, but I don't believe Meek has a Take Care in his discography, hell he doesn't even have a IYRTITL
>>
>>69921576
as if Meek doesn't rely on beats

And the fact that you said drake has better songs just finished my argument with you as I was trying to establish the fact that Drake is a better artist
>>
>>69921591
No, because Meek is more consistent. Do a bit more reading between the lines, eh? To add, Meek is writing songs that are actual genuine expressions of his own, making him a superior artist to Drake in the sense that he's actually doing something.
>>
>rapper makes a "diss track"
>it's some literal new-who taking the piss out of some other literal new-who
>for no other reason than to create a buzz
>not going after people who changed the game or at least has a certain amount of respect
>just two monkeys flinging shit at each other for no reason

Whatever happened to the ilk of Eminem and Canibus?
>>
>>69921579
>HIP HOP BEEF
>BU BU BU GETTING PEED ON ISNT RELEVANT

Drake doesn't have a Take Care in his discography either, that was Weeknd lmao

IYRTITL is trash, sorry.
>>
>>69921579
We're talking about diss tracks BITCH NIGGA, discographies don't mean anything in this discussion. No surprise that a BITCH NIGGA like you backs a BITCH NIGGA like Drake.
>>
>>69921468
I don't like drake but back to back is the best song he's ever made
>>
>>69921602
>more consistent

Consistently making worse songs/albums than Drake I agree

>he's actually doing something
making gangster/trap rap? Lmao wow I guess all rappers are doing something
>>
>>69921619
not saying much desu senpai
>>
Now that the dust is settled, who won the OG BGMedia beef, Little T or Soph Aspin?

https://youtu.be/4p6lI-FZFaU

https://youtu.be/BTalSfjsGKA

(The correct answer is of course, Afghan Dan)
>>
File: 1439729085098.jpg (69KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439729085098.jpg
69KB, 764x720px
>>69921435
>>69921468
>>69921528
>>69921610
>>69921613

>Implying Rap is music
>>
>>69921625
Yeah Meek is definitely not up to par with the artistry of hotline bling and one dance, good point anon.
>implying drake even wrote those anyway

Doing something meaning writing lyrics and not needing a reference track you dolt. You remedial anons are getting really annoying lately.
>>
>>69921616
>>69921613
>discographies don't mean anything

Yeah it doesn't matter that Drake reduces cohesive and listenable projects as long as Meek comes with those fire bars that fail to even win him rap beefs with the softest rapper in the game?

Hahaha this thread is great keep it up
>>
>>69921610
>Whatever happened to the ilk of Eminem and Canibus?
the ilk of can i bus & m&m's are all across the world - musty trailer trash 'battling' to rhyme faggot with something on the school playground
>>
File: A3eygcX.jpg (129KB, 572x845px) Image search: [Google]
A3eygcX.jpg
129KB, 572x845px
>Band comes back together because of recent presidential election
>>
>>69921638
>Meek is definitely not up to par with the artistry of hotline bling and one dance

You've already agreed with me that a Drake makes better music than a Meek, we don't need to drive this point home anymore it's been there for a while now
>>
the last worthwhile diss song was lil b destroying joe budden joe booty what the fuck is yo name
>>
>>69921639
>Implying Meek would win if he had the most "fire" bars anyway

That beef was an uphill battle from the start. How is he going to defeat the army of tinder using thots, obey wearing mexicans, mulattoes, white nerds, and of course teenage girls, all throwing 700 memes at him per second laced with enough emojis to kill a horse.

The money behind Drake was not gonna let their goose laying the golden eggs lose this, and they knew with a marketing blitz, along with his army of dick riders (such as you) he wasn't going to be taken down.

Too bad his legacy forever has a stain on it, and he had to go back to pop just to save some face.
>>
>>69921660
I said he had a couple of better songs. And purely for the beat. Meek is more consistent, is the better artist (anyone on soundcloud is, mind you), and I'm talking from a purely beat standpoint, which is half of hip hop. You're taking my argument out of context.

It's like this.

Say Beyonce has one song I really like. But thats it

Another artist doesnt have a song that I like as much, but has at least 10 that I like at least as much. The second is superior, just for sheer consistency.
>>
>>69921678
Sounds like the same baby back bitch excuses Meek defenders have been using for a full year now

Point is Drake is not inferior to Meek because he actually did win the beef no matter if memes willed it or not, he came out with the general consensus better diss track and to add on to that continues to make better music than the latter
>>
>>69921712
Just to clarify, I said quite a few when that could be construed as a lot, when I literally meant like 3 tops. I can not stand to listen to Drake outside of a couple of songs.
>>
>>69921720
>meek defenders

It was the truth? within hours of the first diss coming out I remember Chic-Fil-a or some fast food restaurant siding with drake and coming at meek. Most other big restaurants followed suit soon after.

>general consensus
>Good

like the general consensus in the past was that we should hand out lobotomies like candy? Yeah that general consensus, always leading us in the right direction.

The general consensus also said that Bon Jovi should be one of the top earning tours in the last couple of years. Bon Jovi, a known beacon of pure artistry and creative integrity.

Memes willed it, as did Drake's pop fanbase. Sorry kiddo.
>>
>>69921759
>>69921759
yeah because general consensus hasn't determined the winner of rap beefs since the first diss track was ever put on tape, right you obviously know your hiphop history having to reach to the stars out to bring U2 and Bon Jovi into a rap beef discussion

You can feel superior all you want by calling me a kiddo or stan but it doesn't change the fact Drake won that beef. If general consensus was that Meek won you'd be using it in your argument to try to prove that he's somehow better than Drake
>>
>>69921814
>Brings general consensus into the discussion
>gets mad when I poke holes in the general consensus idea

>the first diss track was ever put on tape

holy fuck you are pretentious

I know about the Bridge, calm down with all your appeals to hip hop, as if that is even a part of the discussion. Drake isn't hip hop and frankly, never was. This is labeled a hip hop beef simply for argument.

2pac and Biggie's beef is debated on who won on their respective diss tracks, Nas and Jay Z is STILL Debated, most say Nas won but there's a case for Jay-Z, people say Em won against Ja but some say Ja won.

The fact of the matter is, I determine who wins in my mind, and I've determined that Meek won on the simple fact that Drake can't write his own shit AND to top it off got peed on AND to add to that his diss tracks were worse.

Wanna Know and War Pain>>>>Back to Back and Charged up
>>
>>69921862
>The fact of the matter is, I determine who wins in my mind, and I've determ-

Stopped reading there, the fact that you have to resort to the basic "music is subjective" fallback means you can't continue this argument in a logical fashion anymore

gg bb
>>
>>69921435
>Mongol jew makes a shit film
>>
>>69921906
Hip hop beef IS subjective apparently, as a person can clearly lose and still win due to groupthink and lack of any critical thinking.

The fact that you have to resort to the basic
>MUH GENERAL CONSENSUS
Is just the flip side of the coin buddy.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.