[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - ">it's a hampus gets into an argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 72

File: memesmemsesmgvgbd.jpg (790KB, 2258x2250px) Image search: [Google]
memesmemsesmgvgbd.jpg
790KB, 2258x2250px
Stop fucking with the OP! The discord can go though.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Previously, on /daily/: >>69900795
>>
what did i miss
>>
>>69912650
chairs
>>
File: 2016 Chart 2.png (1MB, 1680x1745px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Chart 2.png
1MB, 1680x1745px
wew really wanted this to be seen

switched out the caretaker album bc it's not on spotify and eh i can't be fucked to actually go and find it. i replaced it with this!

Pixies - Head Carrier (2016)
>alternative rock

For how many good comeback albums there were this year, Pixies' attempt at one is among the most flaccid, least interesting albums I've heard in quite some time, even when you ignore the fact that this is an album by a once quite good band. For as much as I generally don't care for Black Francis' yelping, panicked vocals on Surfer Rosa and Doolittle, at least they had a lot of passion and energy, here he turns in an incredibly bored, boring vocal performance, sounding like a shell of his former self. Paz Lenchantin, while a good bassist (on other recordings at least), is pushed almost completely to the side here. The greatest part about Pixies is the interplay between Francis and Kim Deal. Sure, this interplay would now be missing no matter what, considering that Deal is no longer in the band, but Lenchantin's vocals on "All I Think About Now" prove that she could absolutely hold her own as a lead vocalist the way Deal was, but Francis seems hellbent on making this another Frank Black solo album rather than an actual Pixies album. Santiago and Lovering turn in decent performances, but their best work is most certainly behind both of them. I can gripe about the vocals and the instrumental performances all day long, but the most obviously horrendous thing about this album is the songwriting. In their prime, the band were absolutely phenomental songwriters. I love Surfer Rosa, and even though Doolittle isn't my cup of tea, "Debaser", "Here Comes Your Man", and "Monkey Gone to Heaven" are phenomenal pop songs with immediately catchy hooks. There's none of that here. All twelve songs here are boring, unmemorable slogs that don't deserve to have Pixies' name attached to them. Among my least favorite albums of the year, no doubt about it.

>>
panera bread
>>
>>69912650
me
>>
File: 1482804185182-679236270.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1482804185182-679236270.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>>69912780
cheers!
>>
Anyone knows any similar chairs? I really like this one.
>>
>>69911759

>$500
>effay

That's, like, one piece of Rick Owens.
>>
>>69913127
>dat thumb
ahahahaha
>>
Is Mac DeMarco actually good? A friend of mine has been pestering me with Salad Days since a few weeks, but I don't know if I should bite the bullet.
>>
you guys sure are hung up on hampus
maybe you should get a hobby instead of bullying someone battling mental illness
>>
>>69913961
it's a decent album.
>>
>>69913961
hmm as someone who always tries to get friends to listen to his shit do him the favor, even if he turns out to be actually shit

>>69914000
what if that IS my hobby
im a hueg asshole if im being real and in a real shit mood! (really though)

but actually we all love hampus and these threads would be even worse if he didnt show up every few weeks
>>
>>69913961
his fans are shit
>>
File: cover.jpg (795KB, 1712x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
795KB, 1712x1400px
>FEAR OF THE NEGATIVE HEX - post-extreme coffee death
Being completely honest, I thought this was gonna be a joke album for me to laugh at, something I would give a 1 to. I mean some of it is ridiculous, the punk tracks are absurd, and the tambourine with the first track isn't really in sync with the tune itself, and sure, the lo-fi production and sometimes overwhelming distortion doesn't really help, but it wasn't that horrible. There was kind of an odd, overbloated charm to it. Had no actual problem with it, was good at best. Maybe I'll check out the rest of his discography later. (5-6/10)

>Duran Vazquez - Computador, plug-ins & 2600
Saw on a chart by Good Guy Rod a while back, was interested. Basically, it's kind of a mixture of noise, dark ambient, EAI, and even chiptune. Solid drones, too. Decent, overall. Just kind of played faded in with the background to me. (5/10)

>DDX-10 - Nonholomorphic
Boring. The shorter of the noise tracks had some sort of interesting texture one way or another, as where the longer noise tracks wore me down and were kind of uneventful, mainly consisting of buzzing feedback that just didn't do much for me, and just bored me over time. My friend Windowlistener from the bandcamp threads said something about this influencing him, which kind of sucks, because I did want to like this album, especially since I like windowlistener's work. Don't see myself coming back to this much. (2-3/10)

>>69909201
Twa Toots and the Peel Session from Godspeed were entertaining.

>>69912534
Yes! and thank you!

>>69913961
I like his work, but I could see how some people see it as samey-samey or don't like it. Worth one listen I think.
>>
File: bowie.jpg (69KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
69KB, 306x306px
if y'all remember when i posted the picture of me modeling with a skeleton back in like September, i'm doing that again but the costumes this time are all Bowie themed in celebration of his 70th birthday/remembrance of his 1st death anniversary.

so i'll be dressing as ziggy stardust, red hair and the crazy fuckin costumes/eyepatch included; aladdin sane with the lightning bolt; the thin white duke, sans cocaine; and maybe the robes/bandages from the "Lazarus" video

it's gonna be fun! i'll make sure to post lots of pictures.
>>
>>69914979
woah, tell us more about your interesting and unique life
>>
>>69913961
His music works as a social lubricant but if you're listening with the intent of paying close attention it tends to come up short.
>>
>>69914542
>5/10
well glad you thought it was decent
>>
>>69914979
>sans cocaine
pussy ass faggot ass nerd bitch fuck
>>
>>69914979
are you gonna do Leonard Cohen next
>>
>>69915047
It was good, just didn't really stick with me. Will be relistening in the near future.
>>
Should do a music or something, pick 1 or 2.

>>69912837
(it gets ignored anyways)

>>69913127
*clanks bottle against screen

>>69913303
>That's, like, one piece of Rick Owens.
How'd you know?
>>
>>69914979
nice
do gg allin next
>>
>>69915108
Go fuck a pig idjiet
>>
>>69915108
>>
>>69915108
nah kys instead retard
>>
File: 40 More Albums.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
40 More Albums.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Meat Puppets - Up on the Sun (1985)
>cowpunk, alt-country, alternative rock

I like it a whole lot more than II, that's for sure. For some reason I expected something a lot more streamlined here, but the whole album has a lot more of a fever dream-like vibe to it, and they amp up their rhythmic tendencies tenfold, making for some really weirdly danceable tracks. Curt Kirkwood's guitar work, as jangly and country-fried as it was on their predecessor, anchors every single track here, alternating between country licks and disco-esque rhythm work with ease, fitting every single track perfectly. The droning vocals can get irritating, same with some of the tracks' tendencies towards melodic and rhythmic stagnation, yet they manage to take these negative characteristics and make something really memorable out of them. It's a very good album.

3.0+

>>69915029
that's it, sorry!!!
>>
>>69915081
i'll try

>>69915108
>(it gets ignored anyways)
WHY DO I WRITE THESE FUCKING THINGS
>>
y'all need jesus
>>
>>69915195
Christianity is a joke
>>
>>69915190
>WHY DO I WRITE THESE FUCKING THINGS
Because you're "cool" and "helpful".
>>
>>69915190
you write it for the memes
>>
>>69915217
the sarcasm stings
>>
File: 1473014522884.jpg (68KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1473014522884.jpg
68KB, 500x347px
>>69915190
>WHY DO I WRITE THESE FUCKING THINGS
to bump the thread and not have it deleted, so everyone else can have more fun shitposting with their little ingroup
youre doing the dirty work no one else wants to do
good job!
>>
>>69915134
>>69915164
Thanks for the attention, please give me more.

>>69915143
>odd number
Thanks I'll do 1.
You're still the worst trip, merry boxing day.

>>69915217
natkingcool&helpful
>>
>>69915190
i read em. just not much to say most of the time.
>>
>>69915242
Because you're cool, but, not helpful.
Or maybe not helpful but cool? I don't know.
>>
File: pigger_runnin_VERY_fast.jpg (71KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
pigger_runnin_VERY_fast.jpg
71KB, 500x301px
>album has bongos
+1 score immediately
>>
TERMINUS WHERE ARE YOU
>>
File: Freeform Chart 5.png (509KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 5.png
509KB, 1560x720px
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 (2016)
>hardcore hip hop

RtJ were one of my favorites back when I was first really getting into music (i.e., when I first discovered /mu/), and I'll still hold that RtJ 2 is a damn fine album, and that "DDFH" off of their first is a great song. El-P is a great producer, and Killer Mike is a great rapper, so naturally their partnership is gonna be good. Their streak of quality definitely carries over here, but it's starting to feel like they're really treading old ground. The lyrics are more of the same, and none of them pack the same punch that songs like "Reagan" or "A Christmas Fucking Miracle" do. The production is stilll on point, but that's really all it is. It's very serviceable and it bangs pretty often, but I want more from El-P, something more inventive and experimental, he's playing it mostly safe here. The rapping is the only real marked improvement over their past releases. Mike is mostly on par with his other peformances, but El-P definitely steps it up, he's pretty much equal with his partner here. It may be a step down from their other two albums, and the hooks are pretty egregious, but there are still some great tracks here. "Hey Kids (Bumaye)" and its Danny Brown feature are both awesome, "Thursday in the Danger Room" has an awesome sax performance from Kamasi Washington, and "A Report to the Shareholders / Kill Your Masters" has a great beat switch-up and another great performance from Zach de la Rocha. They're doing more of the same, and they're good at what they do, but for god's sake, they need to switch their style up, it's getting old.

2.5+

>>69915245
i feel accomplished

>>69915282
thanks my dude, i'm glad someone reads em.
>>
>>69915460
he needs to come back

if i'm losing i'm losing to my cummate not some scaly pigfucker
>>
Autechre > Boards of Canada
>>
>>69915507
autechre more like autism as in you have autism is what I'm saying
>>
I'm trying to learn a little more about music theory over the break. And basically do anything I can to get better at guitar. Any tips you guys can give me?

>inb4 keep practicing

>>69915170
>>69915190
Appreciate you doing the writeups man. I don't always agree with your opinions but they're pretty fun to read.

Also, I'm gonna have to check that Meat Puppets album out. Loved II and this sounds like a nice follow up.

>>69915435
This is 100% part of my scoring system
>>
>>69915626
thanks! and yeah, it's rad. i like II a fair bit but I definitely liked this a lot more.
>>
File: wrhy.png (752KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
wrhy.png
752KB, 736x552px
>>69915486
I hope you like the feeling of being trampled by muddy pig hooves like it's black Friday in America ;^)
>>
File: cover.jpg (4MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
4MB, 1800x1800px
>Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love!
When people said this was a funk album, I thought they meant like one of those more modern smooth r&b/soul records, or like a dancey pop record that had soul influences. But this actually caught me off guard. Definitely reminds me of Sly and The Family Stone and Funkadelic, even James Brown, in some of the ways Glover vocal afflictions sound (feel like I'm bordering on sacrilege with such a statement). I'm not a big Gambino fan, I like some of his tracks, and others I don't care for. I liked this album, overall. Nothing innovating for the genre, and I can understand why some don't though, but I liked it. (6-7/10)

>Zguba - The Last Command
Essentially, imagine The Caretaker doing music that sounded like it came from 1920s silent films, mixed with dark ambient, and marching rhythms based off martial industrial works. Sinister as the music Zguba appears to be sampling from. (6-7/10)

>>69915190
Don't worry, bud, I'm reading them.
>>
>>69915762
YOU'RE GOING DOWN

>>69915806
much obliged. and i feel kinda the same way about gambino, it's derivative as hell but it's impressive, for him at least.
>>
>>69915806
>Essentially, imagine The Caretaker doing music that sounded like it came from 1920s silent films, mixed with dark ambient, and marching rhythms based off martial industrial works.
oh shit boy i need that
>>
>>69914979
Holy Fug
You got the look for it desu
>>
this was pretty gud
>>
I liked Nujabes' Luvsic series, and I'm digging his other stuff too. Which albums have the same feel Luvsic has?
>>
>>69915806
That Zguba album sounds super interesting, i'll have to add that to my backlog.
>>
>>69916004
i think i've got the look for david byrne more lol

i'll make sure to show y'all how the costumes look when i get em all made

>>69916006
i've never heard that one but twoism is really cool and you should listen to it

>>69916135
Uyama Hiroto - A Son of the Sun is the closest thing to Nujabes, bar none.
Madlib's Shades of Blue is kinda similar too.
>>
>>69916244
I'm currently listening to Twoism and it's really good but Geodaddi is their best
>>
>>69915859
Exactly. Also thanks for the rec of Tacoma Radar. Will be looking into them soon.

>>69915942
>>69916168
That's the best way to describe it for me. Hopefully you guys like it, and that I'm not overplaying it.
>>
>>69916330
i've never listened to geogaddi, to be honest. i think i've only listened to twoism and MHTRTC, and i didn't care for the latter that much at all. really do love twoism, though.
>>
>>69916334
no prob! thomas and dogwander turned me onto them, so if ya like it thank them too.
>>
>>69915435
>>69915762
Also don't know why, but I got a good chuckle out of your comments. :)
>>
>>69916334
downloaded it. hope i like it.
(it's free on the guy's bandcamp btw)
>>
>>69916370
Noted. Also, in the process of looking for a download of Tacoma, I found about A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness by Rocketship. Know if that's any good?

>>69916407
I hope so too.
>>
File: free4m.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
free4m.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
Noah Howard - The Black Ark (1969)

Been a while since i’ve heard an album custom tailored to my taste. Dark, percussive and free; teetering on the edge of destruction while remaining hella groovy and direction driven.

Unfortunately, this album falls short in a couple areas.
The bass and keyboard are mixed too low in the louder passages, which is a bummer, with the emphasis heavily on horns and percussion. The more crowded sections on the album required some focus to pull out individual instruments, (bass and keyboards especially) which are often more exciting than the overshadowing abrasive repetitive horn squawks. Don’t get me wrong, the horn squawks are fire, but it would be nice to hear the full ensemble of musicians rather than a dark cloud allowing only higher pitches to permeate through, especially when the horns (though avantgarde) feel like they’re comping. Listening to albums like this really makes me appreciate Blue Note recordings.

As for the actual music, it’s fairly reminiscent of Andrew Hill’s Compulsion!!!!! in which the head is quickly discarded in favour of madness. It has the same dark percussive feel, but with the focal point centered around the higher pitches - notably the horns and to a lesser extent, the congas. The direction is a little awkward with the horns leading the charge, but that doesn’t stop this from being an exciting and invigorating listen.

8.0 /10

>>69916006
nice review
>>
>>69915215
How simple.
>>
>>69916488
thank u
Gonna review Twoism next
>>
File: 2016 Chart 2.png (1MB, 1680x1745px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Chart 2.png
1MB, 1680x1745px
Niechęć - Niechęć (2016)
>jazz-rock, jazz fusion

"Thick" is the best word to describe it. It has a lot of post-rock inclinations, and as such it focuses a lot on textures and crescendoes, and the use of jazz instruments rather than rock instruments to achieve this is very interesting and innovate. I'd be lying if I didn't say my favorite bits are the guitar bits. The guitar tone is out of this world, and the guitarist achieves the rare feat of consistently making riffs super heavy without resorting to any tired tropes, and this is something that heavily adds to the weight of the music. Has a tendency to go too over-the-top at times, though, sometimes the atmosphere is smothering rather than pummeling, and it can get kinda cheesy. These moments are few and far between, and they only detract a little bit from an otherwise good album.

3.0-

>>69916436
i like it! it's kinda uneven but very cozy and sweet.
>>
>>69916538
Cool! Will definitely be looking at both of the albums on this post too then :)
>>
File: mfw_someone_compliments_me.jpg (11KB, 218x288px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_someone_compliments_me.jpg
11KB, 218x288px
>>69916400
:)
>>
File: Boardsofcanadatwoism.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Boardsofcanadatwoism.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
dis was pretty great. The second track was the best track.

Gonna listen to Squarepusher next
>>
>>69916635
:)

>>69916662
Twoism was good. Squarepusher is pretty good, too. Had the pleasure of seeing him live recently.
>>
File: cover.jpg (266KB, 1416x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
266KB, 1416x1400px
>Youth Team - Music For Mass Transit
Another find from the bandcamp threads. Guy says he's influenced by Aphex and Boards of Canada. Can't really tell if he sounds like BoC (haven't listened to them in depth, other than a swift listen of twoism, but they are on my cue, don't worry), but this was a nice set of trip-hop, chillout tracks, with some hints of IDM and downtempo. Some of the keys, synths have a preset-like, stiff sound to them, but nothing really bothersome, or sticking out like a sore thumb. Smooth, sleek, much like the plane on the cover. Some of the more simpler trip-hop tracks remind me of another bandcamp thread musician, Hanging Tree Algorithm. If you like this, I think you'd like Hanging Tree too. Probably not a necessary comment, but something I thought was notable. Overall, liking it. Potential is there. (6/10)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>69915435
>that bongo solo in Diana
maybe my favourite musical moment
>>
File: front.jpg (923KB, 1804x1832px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
923KB, 1804x1832px
@ RODRIGUEZ

Audio Letter - It Is This It Is Not This (Neti-Neti) (1989)
>Free Improvisation, African
>FLAC, vinyl rip
>ft. Don Cherry
>the style and amount of rym ratings will probably give Rod a stiffy

https://mega.nz/#F!kFdUWJgC!yqQLMYpDjB-qonjzHvJ33g

Sample: no
>>
>>69917120
yE
drummed this solo on many a desk
>>
>>69917875
thanks. you're right on the ratings and style. i'll save the link. i'm ready to be relaxed.
>>
>>69917875
Jangles: I really, really, really like this link.
>>
>>69915474
I was afraid of that happening. Hey, your write-up was useful, now I don't have to listen to it.
>>
File: back.jpg (735KB, 1801x1798px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
735KB, 1801x1798px
>>69918055
wtf this is only for rod, DELETE THIS!!!!!!!1

Now imagine it playing loudly in a record store while a middle aged woman converses with the store owner about Bing Cosby's christmas album, kek. Glad I asked to play it because it's dope as fuck; bought it immediately. According to the record sleeve all the songs are 100% improvised, as in they had no inkling of what the songs wold become and just went for it.
>>
File: pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg (112KB, 747x518px) Image search: [Google]
pigger_sleepin_tight.jpg
112KB, 747x518px
pig sleep
>>
>>69918883
Night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nliGGDNHOvs
>>
>>69918883
Night buddy, this album is great (tho I am pretty biased to anything featuring Don Cherry)
>>
File: BojackWEB.jpg (103KB, 365x400px) Image search: [Google]
BojackWEB.jpg
103KB, 365x400px
>It's been almost a year since I started posting on daily

Wew I've just wasted a year of my life did I?
>>
>>69919325
in March (or was it April) it'll be a year for me :()

btw, rec me an Asian trad thing for trad tourney pls
>>
>>69919368
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E5%86%B7%E9%85%B7%E4%BB%99%E5%A2%83/%E5%9C%B0%E4%B8%8A%E7%9A%84%E7%A7%8D%E5%AD%90___seeds_on_the_ground/
>>
>>69919452
are you sure this counts as trad
>>
>>69919452
Nvm it's not trad

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_dayan_ancient_music_association/naxi_music_from_lijiang/

Is this ok?
>>
>>69919470
ye boi

thans
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (60KB, 1040x440px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
60KB, 1040x440px
>>69915435
>album has bagpipes
instant 10/10
>>
>>69919549
that's some real shit (bad) taste over there
>>
>>69919598
thats a real good (fantastic) point.
>>
>>69919598
Korn s/t is fucking fantastic, the other two are eh.
>>
File: PlaidDoubleFigure.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
PlaidDoubleFigure.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
This is great
>>
This thread really is a case in point perfect example of everything I said in the last thread.

Look at it. Really look at it. Look at how few responses the """reviews""" get. Barely any at all. Look at the shitposts. That's where the responses are. It's a pretty clear indication that people want to shitpost, they don't want to musicpost.

If you want to change this, and if you want to promote musicposting, you've got to do it yourself. Start responding to reviews, start posting more about music in general, stop funposting. Stop responding to funposters. You're paying funposters with more (You)s than you do goodposters.

>>69913206
That's a really ugly chair.
>>
>>69920725
what's your favorite chair
>>
>>69920725
and you? You've contributed nothing but whining and shitposting.
>>
File: Metal as of 27-12-2016.jpg (1MB, 2396x2508px) Image search: [Google]
Metal as of 27-12-2016.jpg
1MB, 2396x2508px
I've been trying to get into metal recently, because I do like the idea of rock instrumentation + experimentation + compositionally-aware mindsets similar to classical music or jazz.
The albums on green in pic related are ones I have enjoyed, the ones on red are albums I have disliked or at least met with indifference. Anyone know what I'd like based on these? I know people here are a fan of Obscura by Gorguts, but I can't seem to enjoy the sound of it every time I give it a go.

>>69919325
>>69919368
I think it'll be my one-year anniversary in March, although I take a lot of incidental hiatuses from posting here
>>
Y'all mind if I praise God
>>
>>69920832
yeezus
>>
File: dissaproving SS-girl.png (938KB, 1205x899px) Image search: [Google]
dissaproving SS-girl.png
938KB, 1205x899px
>>69920782
>I do like the idea of rock instrumentation + experimentation + compositionally-aware mindsets similar to classical music or jazz.
pls be bait
p sure i've already listed you a bunch of bands a few threads back but okay
you sound like you'd love Kayo Dot, Ne Obliviscaris, Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, Journal, Unexpect, Emperor 2nd album onwards, later Enslaved, maybe stuff like Blotted Science, Spiral Architect or Necrophagist
your taste in sludge/drone seems like you'd love Black Sheep Wall and Harvey Milk. Gnaw Their Tongues most likely too but they're not really metal

>>69920832
pls yes, my self-esteem is at an all time low
>>
i released a new track for fun but i have no idea what genre to group it under. It's only 2.5 minutes, if anyone could listen and name an appropriate genre that would help thanks : )
https://thecutemusic.bandcamp.com/track/drm-22l

>>69921108
>pls be bait
I dont really know what i'm saying, i'm tired.

>p sure i've already listed you a bunch of bands a few threads back but okay
Sorry about that, i just found it on the archive. My internet is temperamental and sometimes I can't access 4chan. I'll write down the bands you've listed here so I can keep track thxxxx
>>
>>69921628
hmm sounds just like plain and simple techno, but idk shit about techno
i like that it gradually speeds up at the end, haven't heard that much or at all in this genre i think
if i were you id return to the original beat right after that, just to make it a bit longer and potentially DJ-friendly, or i'd just use that effect a bit more gradually/subtly somewhere in the middle of the track. remember stuff like this is usually at least twice as long as this. i don't like the crashes on that, seems cheap in a way, both sound-wise and as a means to make it climactic
>>
>>69913961
rock and roll nightclub is good
rest isn't really good though...

>>69919368
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C_%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%9E/%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99____%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81__la_kon____thi_rak_/
>>
>>69921767
Thanks for the feedback, it's really appreciated
>>
>>69920782
yeah I've done the hiatus thing quite a bit myself

classic real life
>>69921852
uh that was directed specifically for Vinter but thanks for the rec

won't be in my tourney but it looks interesting
>>
>>69922152
shet that gap in the first reply is too big
>>
File: 1480987870468.png (63KB, 198x221px) Image search: [Google]
1480987870468.png
63KB, 198x221px
>>69913961
I'm a fan of 2 and Salad Days

I don't think many else here are, and none of my irl friends really enjoy him as much as they do other p4k-core-type artists
>>69915190
Writing practice? Self-satisfaction? That's usually what keeps me posting
>>69915762
the iguana is aggressive
>>
>>69922152
oh sorry didn't look at the post history
>>
>>69920782
>liked the Ark Work
oh boy :^)

At any rate, try
>Taake - Nattestid ser porten vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQDZSQ5qQk

>Edge of Sanity - Crimson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uZFSAD5H4

>Enslaved - Isa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyy_eoyQFrM

>Weaking - Dead as Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

>maudlin of the Well - Bath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2F3XNwVUeE

>Ved Buens Ende - Written in Waters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVOASknimeA

Should be good to start.
>>
>>69920782
>liked converge
>didn't like type o negative

oh boi
>>
>>69915108

>How'd you know?

That's the price point for pretty much all entry level designer clothing.
>>
>>69920744
LC2 chair.

>>69920763
I'm a proud funposter who don't care about musicposting at all. I'm not complaining or whining, I'm just stating facts.
>>
>>69922601
Thank you. But what's wrong with Liturgy? Other than the fact that they're Brooklyn stereotypes
>>
File: 1481922002902.png (173KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1481922002902.png
173KB, 600x465px
>>69922859
Torts' taste obviously
>>
File: 19rnfaksjfba98fa.png (173KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
19rnfaksjfba98fa.png
173KB, 600x465px
>>69922915
>>
File: tournament 5.jpg (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
tournament 5.jpg
2MB, 3136x1996px
Post-Feelist: Tarmvred - Tintorama EP
God the mixing/mastering in this is awful, everything sounds so muddled and nothing sounds clear at all, awful wall of sound that doesn't work. Otherwise it's just eh and alot of standard idm ideas ive heard alot of times before
5+

Jimmy Jazz: Igorrr – Hallelujah
Now this was fun, the metal/cybergrind and clasical mix does acctually work quite well and i suprisingly loved the cybergrind/metal bits the most.
7, might be a 7+ on relisten

-jimmy jazz advances-
>>
since you all like "avant" nip garbage so much could one of you tell me if acid mothers temple has anything that comes close to la nóvia?
>>
>>69923445
Japan Tour 2007 split, they're Side B.
>>
File: 1482770593078.png (624KB, 1092x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482770593078.png
624KB, 1092x720px
>>69923445
oh, also
>Acid Mothers Temple
>Avant
>>
>>69923682
I said "avant", not avant. not the same thing
also thanks
>>
>>69919325
>i'm approaching my 2nd-3rd year in here
feels good
>>
File: albumlistens.jpg (563KB, 3173x1740px) Image search: [Google]
albumlistens.jpg
563KB, 3173x1740px
What's up /daily/, it's been a while. Spent the last few weeks doing exams and catching up with family, but now it's back to loneliness. Finished up this chart, don't really feel like doing write ups, though.

New chart start soon.
>>
>>69923445
electric heavyland imho
>>
File: Freeform Chart 5.png (523KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 5.png
523KB, 1560x720px
X - Los Angeles (1980)
>punk rock

A decent punk rock album with some passionate vocals and great, scratchy guitar work. Where the Ramones take influence from bubblegum and the Clash take influence from reggae and ska, X takes major influence from classic rock and early rock & roll and rockabilly. Ray Manzarek even plays on here, and the Doors' "Soul Kitchen" is covered on one of the album's weaker tracks. The rockabilly influence isn't all too great, it's significantly softer and less energetic than the straight-up punk, and it drags the album down, both in energy and in quality. I don't get all the hype, but it's a pretty decent record.

2.5-

>>69919325
i've been here since july 2014 and i don't know how to feel about that
>>
rec me
>>
>>69924661
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/dicks
>>
>>69924661
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/martial_solal/nothing_but_piano/
>>
>>69924679
is this an actual rec?
>>69924726
better be good
>>
File: IMG_7584.png (404KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7584.png
404KB, 750x1334px
>>69924746
>>
>>69924726
do you happen to have a link btw
>>69924820
thanks
>>
>>69924860
Spotify desu

unless ur too kool for it or something
>>
>>69924894
Nah I'll get on it, I have to listen to rudi's other recs on it too.
>>
yo I made a backlog list mostly made up of RYM bookmarks

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/TEthearbiter/please-be-new-favorites-a-buncha-music-i-gotta-check-out/

if ya got any cool recs to share, feel free to add em

thanks
>>
Welp, Carrie Fisher is dead
2016 just had to throw one last punch to the gut before it left
>>
>>69925781
i knew it didn't look good, but it still hurts :(
>>
i cant believe kanye actually killed himself wtf
>>
File: mornin_snow_pigger.png (237KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
mornin_snow_pigger.png
237KB, 600x463px
Morning /daily/!
Gonna listen a music.

>>69925781
It's not over yet lad >:8)
>>
File: screen.png (86KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
86KB, 960x360px
which one

(already seen gremlis and pulp fiction)
>>
>>69925845
warcraft
>>
What other celebrities are gonna die in 2016?

I predict Terminus
>>
>>69925845
Stalker.

Now.

Also sort yer fuccin' folders.
>>
in thr past weeks i've listened to amazing music boys. Some highlights might be
>Albert Ayler Trio - Spiritual Unity
>Ornette Coleman - The Shape Of Jazz To Come
>Sachiko M & Otomo Yoshihide - Filament 1
>Meta Meta - MM3
>A little bit of Anthony Braxton - For Alto
>Gruppo Di Imprivisazione Nuova Constanza - Improvisation
But specially Spiritual Unity and Shape Of Jazz. For those 2 i Will definitely write reviews, and maybe i will for The others but These 2 get priority
>>69925217
any of the ones i mentioned really
>>
>>69926010
Cool, looking forward to your reviews.
Check this out when you have a chance:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/arthur-doyle-plus-4/alabama-feeling/
>>
File: thirdsideoftape.jpg (358KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thirdsideoftape.jpg
358KB, 1200x1200px
First timing Third Side of Tape

Let's see how I like it.
>>
>>69924926
Quick thoughts on fig 5?

>>69925871
Mike Love
>>
>>69925871
me
>>
File: free4m.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
free4m.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
Various Artists - Vancouver Complication

This compilation of early vancouver punk music is dope as fuck. Spanning a large array of punk and punk-influenced music, this comp remains consistently good throughout. The pacing is perfect, and every back-to-back song is so uniquely different that it never ceases to captivate.
How is this so underappreciated? Should be in every punk lovers collection.

8.0 /10
>>
>>69922988
nice, so do both restrictions pile up or is it just 2010s now
>>
>>69926647
right answer
Mike Love can't fucking outlive Brian Wilson
>>
>>69926076
Will check it out. I was also going to listen to Point Of Departure, hope its good
>>
>>69926647
most stuff doesn't stand out that much nor is too bad
i prefer softer drones i guess, the 25 minute track was unremarkable for its length for example, a lot of focus on the percussion when I'm just looking for drone
also I didn't realize they were a band before, thought it was one guy bc of the name
>>
>>69927323
Gotcha. I figured you might like it since you like Natural Snow Buildings so much.
But now that I think about it, the drones are way different and more percussion focused in fig 5, which is probably why I prefer it.
>>
Anybody showing some music to normie senpaitachi over the holidays? Think they might've only dug some Baby Huey
>>
File: memes-part2-hype.png (2MB, 2791x1772px) Image search: [Google]
memes-part2-hype.png
2MB, 2791x1772px
who wants a fucking sicc italian undergrount avantmeme rec 8that is actually good)?

>>69926120
need rec, gibe rec
>>
>>69927692
Fushitsusha - 1st
>>
>>69927761
heard
>>
>>69927766
rate it if u heard it, loser >:(

God - Possession
>>
>>69925781
2016 hasn't really been a bad year overall. Just a bunch of celebs died.
>>
>>69928052
"2016 sucks" is the biggest meme of 2016. I won't partake.
>>
>>69928098
Yeah, I really hate it. 2016 has had lots of great things happening as well.
>>
>>69928052
All that matters is Boulez died this year, that's enough to make it the worst year.
>>
>>69928341
I dunno, I think it's worse that Pauline Oliveros died if we look only at musicans. She was still pretty active.
>>
Started rewatching Nightcrawler right now, sort of drunk, but holy fuck it's really quite great. Jake Gyllennhaal's performance is fucking stellar.
>>
>>69928367
I never gave her much of a listen, maybe I should get around to it. I don't remember caring much for what I did hear forever ago though.
Boulez was a great composer and a competent conductor, he was also a really funny edgelord.
>>
>>69928441
To be fair, Oliveros wasn't that interesting a listen. Playing accordion in a reverberating water tank can only get so interesting after all. I just find it more sad to lose someone still active than someone who is... well just old.
>>
>>69928440
It's a great movie and the character he plays is genuinely disturbing. Have you seen Enemy? It's another fantastic Gyllennhaal performance.
>>
>>69928573
I've not, but I googled it now and I like that the poster looks a bit like something designed by Saul Bass. I can appreciate that. I really didn't like Gyllenhaal for some reason, but Nightcrawler absolutely changed my mind.
>>
Viper's You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack is getting a cassette release and if you buy the deluxe version of it you get a lighter with his face on it. What a time to be alive.
https://twitter.com/C38CONTAINMENT/status/813447250013810688
>>
what do you guys think of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41uZEn0jJ18
>>
>>69928613
I also held that opinion, but I think that's because I had only seen him in that shitty Prince of Persia movie.
>>
>>69928713
>not having seen Donnie Darko
Shamefur.
>>
>>69928729
That is true. There are a lot of classics that I haven't gotten around to because I'm lazy when it comes to film for some reason.
I have time now since I'm on break, so I'll watch it soon.
>>
>>69928729
Jarhead, Zodiac. He's been decent.
>>
>>69928766
Nah, it's not very good unless you're a deep and endgy teen who listens to joy division.

>>69928775
I've really ignored him because I thought he was bad, jusrt like I ignored Jim Carrie for ages and didn't watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because he was in it. Which is a shame, because that film was great and he was really good.
>>
>>69928832
I am a deep and edgy teen who listens to joy division but I do NOT like donnie darko to be honest
>>
>>69929035
Do you wear skinny jeans and converse chucks every day while reading Camus and smoking cigarillos?
>>
Jesus FUCK I don't think I've seen any other film where you hate and are disgusted so much by the main character and still want to keep watching as Nightcrawler. Fucking BRILLIANT writing.
>>
>>69929101
no sir i never smoke
>>
>>69928832
But if I don't see it, how can I tell people that their opinions are shit?

Also, for more primo despicable main character movies, see: Kids, Safe, and The Master.
>>
>>69929374
The master, I didn't really feel it like that. Kids... I've tried waching a few times but I really can't stand it. I'm not a huge fan of Korine to be honest.
>>
>>69928367
Yeah Boulez and Oliveros and Conrad were the worst
>>
>>69929417
The Master is a bit of a stretch, I just remember hating the guy personally, just the way he acted disgusted me. If I remember the movie correctly he was supposed to represent the "id".

Kids is a tough movie to watch, and I wouldn't say that I like it. It's probably the realest movie I've seen though, and since I live in New York, I see those types of people all the time. I hate them.
>>
File: file.png (979KB, 820x1118px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
979KB, 820x1118px
>>69929561
>The Master is a bit of a stretch, I just remember hating the guy personally, just the way he acted disgusted me. If I remember the movie correctly he was supposed to represent the "id".
Fucing Freud, a jester in modern psychology except for like 50% of institutions for some fucking reason, but his theories have made some great fuckingart.

I think maybe one reason I hace for not caring about Kids (and also Gummo by extent) is that I have really no personal relationship to USA and the people there. I really think that's needed to recognize the stereotypes and stuff shown in those films, and if you don't, it's not particularly grabbing.
>>
>>69929621
Yeah, that totally makes sense. If you haven't seen or lived in the deep south or rural places beyond the bible belt, Gummo is not relatable or real in any way.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1230x3216px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1230x3216px
This is really a great cheap wine that you should buy if you don't have a lot of money and stil want to drink something nice.

>>69929709
Gummo was still entertaining somehow, not realy sure why, but maybe because the stereotypes felt so exaggerated that you could sort of understand what it was going for without a personal relationship. Kids feels a bit more difficult in that aspect. I think I watched maybe 40 minutes in, and really just despised the characters without feeling any real empathy with them at all, unlike this Nightcrawler which started the discussion. The character is abolutely despicable, but you can still understand WHy he is that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bought some more Christmas presents for myself :)))
>>
>>69929961
Maybe you should invest in the SKILLS TO ROTATE IMAGES fuckhead
>>
>>69929988
If you take a photo on an iOS device 4chan bugs out and it rotates, nothing to do with my excellent image rotation skills, fuckhead.
>>
>>69930012
>iOS
You fucked up.
>>
File: file.png (321KB, 281x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
321KB, 281x1000px
>>69929775
Wrong image tho, it's the merlot that's great.
>>
>>69929775
Well the empathy in Kids comes from knowing that they have shitty parents that clearly did not raise them or look after them.
I feel bad for them because I know people who embody the stereotypes they represent, but again that's personal.

Regardless, Nightcrawler is better art because you can feel how the creator wants you to feel without needing the personal context.
>>
>>69930271
The problem is most people did no have shitty parents who did not raise them or look afte them, so the empathy in itself is week even though you can sort of hint atthe moives behind their actions
>>
Do you people think you want to, in the future when you have gf obviously, adopt a kid or make a homebreew one?
>>
>>69930515
I'm a 100% sure I want kids. I work with kids and I love kids
>>
>>69930515
I'm gonna make my own aryan superchild with a custom genome Gattaca style
>>
>>69930534
But how does that make you want your own kid instead of adopting one? If anything, wouldn't that mean youwant t make some kid'slife fucking great while they might be miserable if you dont adopt them?
>>
>>69930565
Hmmmmmmm I can kinda see what you mean and it'd probably be fine if you actually did it, but now it feels like it wouldn't be yr own or something, I don't know. Seems like a special thing to actually make a baby with the person you like
>>
my new album out soon just relistening one more time before publishing thought you might want to know and stuff :0
>>
>>69930607
There's something really funny in people that makes you want to have "your own" kid, but really I don't feel it. Or well, I sort of do, I feel like it'd be an entirely different thing, but at the same time I feel like maybe I should really adopt a kid instead. My own genes are shit as fuck (ugly, depression, ADHD), so why not get someone else to be the biological parent? I can love the kid just as much and raise them perfectly as my own, I don't think the kid would mind either, probably be fucking happy to not live in a shitty foster home.
>>
>>69930515

>implying the Swedish government will allow white men to father children by the time you marry
>>
>>69930697
It's just too tiring to actualy combant this type of retardation so instead I will just say go fuck yourself successful trole ebin LOL
>>
>>69930656
Making your own child is the kinkiest thing you can do. How responsibly you want to handle that is a whole other question. Whether you want to reconcile at the end of your life your own child's trauma or another's is yet another tough question.
>inb4 projection
>>
>>69930656
Yeah it is quite funny because I can't rationally explain why, but I am sure that I want it.
This seems like a weird (though ethical) form of eugenetics :)
>>
>>69930761
I've read through this fourt imes and I stil have no fucking clue what you're trying tos ay.

>>69930768
I don't think anyone can rationally explain it. This is what le new atheist man talked about when he wrote the selfish gene. Most people want their own child, otherwise they would adop. It's weird as fuck.
>>
^^ Somebody help this dipshit out?
>>
music
>>
>>69930636
what genre
>>
File: Cover.png (137KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
137KB, 2200x2200px
>Iron - Blood & Bone Music
>Sound collage, electronic, noise
https://ironmusic.bandcamp.com/album/blood-bone-music

: ) hope you guys enjoy it!
>>
>>69931167
>>69931128
those ones and also others
>>
>>69931167

Hurr Durr I can't write music but I pretend to do experimental stuff so some idiot maybe will Iike it XD
>>
>>69931222
This but while being slightly more respectful.
>>
>>69931222
This.
>>
>>69931222
Several of the songs are actually fully composed and recorded via MIDI performance so yeah. 2nd track is the most clear in its composition, but most tracks have some composed aspects mixed with other aspects.

:^) Glad you like it
>>
>>69931289
I didn't hear it tho
>>
>>69931222
On the opposite end of the spectrum, you're insecure enough to remain anonymous on an online forum where you've never and likely will never meet or recognize anyone ever?
>>
>>69931392
Sorry if I stay anonymous on an anonymous IB, you faggot
>>
>>69931430
Yep, bring it on, love the teen angst
>>
>>69931249
>>69931258
I do actually compose stuff on occasion, but I just don't enjoy composing for sheet at all. It really just makes me feel so distant from the music I'm making.

Also why I prefer electronic music production, because it feels better working directly with sound than working with an abstraction of it.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: a2286864577_10.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2286864577_10.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
actually this is a good opportunity for a shameless plug!

If you're interested in what my composing sounds like, my album "A Being So Great" features it more clearly and unedited.

The track "A Sleeping, Dreaming" is short, but a full composition of mine.

https://ironmusic.bandcamp.com/album/a-being-so-great

:^) you should all go listen to it too!
>>
>>69931906
Shameless security is what this board needs...I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know, homie
>>
>>69931906
>>69931996
rude
>>
I like Kyoto Ambience by Masafumi Komatsu, anything you'd recommend?
>>
>>69932160
Ryo Fukui in general is probably up your alley.
>>
>>69932117
Why? What have I missed here? I'll listen to your shit too if you have shit
>>
>>69931996
Awesome! Looking forward to the biggest, most scathing pan of my life.
>>
>>69932310
Nahhhh, I generally come here to enjoy music
>>
>>69932344
lmao
>>
>>69932370
>I come here to find the newest iterate of Pepe
>>
>>69932385
whom are you quoting?
>>
Why did nobody tell me that Arto Lindsay has great solo work?
>>
daily has been a mess lately
>>
>>69930812
Are you joking? Desiring a mate and creating your own offspring is how species survive. It's hard wired into biology; even the animals that die upon giving birth or having sex still crave to fulfill their genetic purpose. Saying you don't understand why people want their own kids is like saying you don't understand why men find some girls more hot than others.
It's like being gay in a way; maybe it's not your thing, but it's pretty fucking obvious why it's a thing.
>>
File: 1481138047159.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481138047159.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>69932518
always has been
>>
>>69933668
where piza going?
>>
>>69933744

home
>>
>>69933784
safe travels!
>>
>>69933845

you too!
>>
>>69920725
youre right but not about the chair

>>69913961
Salad days is ech 2 and rnr nightclub I enjoyed but both got old quickly. Like someone else said good music to find common ground talking about people with, definitely more style than substance though.

>>69930515
>>69930656
homebrew, making a mini me deal with all this life shit is going to be the best meme of my life.

>>69914979
>sans cocaine
stopped reading and downvoted

>>69925781
>>69925835
look at the bright side maybe her acting will improve now

>>69932518
what an insightful and enlightening post please more of those friend!
>>
>>69930121
slightly more expensive but this one is the best lower shelf wine I've ever came across, always have a bottle in storage since I first tried it. Highly fucking recc'd.
>>
>Sun Kil Moon - April
Was super excited to hear this. Probably an unpopular opinion on this board, but I loved Benji, and everything following that from Sun Kil Moon (not including other Mark Kozelek projects), while not stellar, has had an interesting aspect in one way or another. Such could be said for Admiral Fell Promises and Perils from the Sea as well. I had stumbled upon this album from a winter essentials chart made a while back on /mu/, so I thought why not. April is beautiful, overall. Glossy, glazed, impressive guitar playing from Kozelek, as usual, minimal percussion that plays out like a "cohesive whisper" in my ears, and some very composed, sober vocals. My only gripe would be that the lyricism doesn't feel as prevalent in this album. It isn't the long-winded mannerisms of Benji or his later discography, nor does it stick out sharp like the cutting lyricism of Red House Painters. I didn't find myself having any problems with long duration of this album either, especially since I was listening to the album with the bonus tracks. Glad I got to hear this. Overall, happy I got to check this out. Will relisten in a near future. (7/10)
>Separator - Perharps an EP
Another find from the bandcamp thread. Minimal electronic tracks. At its worst, some basic tracks with basic instrument presets. At its best, a bit playful, with some good punchy percussion. I do not know why, but the Twin Peaks soundtrack came into my head a bit, as well as Mort Garson, maybe because of the synths, but that's probably only me. Overall, good for the short EP. (5-6/10)
>>
I contribute nothing to like any of these threads anymore so here's music:

First of all, while Roy Montgomery certainly is not my thing, "Jaguar Meets Snake" was the standout track from his popular discog that I heard. If you think neo-psych space rock composed exclusively of layered guitar riffs with loads of distortion sounds like your jam, I would recommend, but this style of post rock is certainly not for me.

The Epiphany of Glenn Jones is one of my least favorite Fahey releases. I enjoyed his experimentation on his underrated "Requia", so I instantly assumed this would be my jam. Unfortunately, I don't think the Cul De Sac additions ever mesh well with Fahey's style, nor do I think this record deserved to be anywhere near this long. However, there are some very interesting soundscapes created with the clashing styles here. In fact, it reminds me somewhat of a more folk-based Sun City Girls at times. If you think Concrete and Drone elements meshed with Primitivism sound like an optimal listening experience to you, absolutely check this out.

If you took the most boring elements from Texas Jerusalem Crossroads and branded them with Hallmark-esque novelty sincerity slowness, you would have Last of the Country Gentlemen. It's a shame, because I really know this dude is a great songwriter, he just rarely shows it here, save "Woman, When I've Raised Hell" which was decent.

Zeleni zub na planeti dosade follows one of my all time favorite Post-Punk releases from Serbia. However, a lot of raw emotion is traded for sampling in the style of bells-and-whistles, and while it does occasionally make for an odd and interesting experience, rarely does it enhance the song.

Tim Hecker has made a lot of interesting deconstructionist music, my favorite of which is usually pieces that are experimental/drone pieces mixed in with smaller, subtler elements of pop, usually leading to what I'd presume is an unintended ambient conclusion. On Harmony in Ultraviolet I feel as if [cont]
>>
he took the opposite approach, mixing satisfying pop melodies and stretching them out as far as possible. And while this does create the occassional satisfying piece, I wasn't too impressed with most of the moments here, much less as an album experience. Not bad, just same-y after so long.

The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion has one good song, two okay tracks, and nothing else worthy. What do you THINK one of the top rated "Southern Blues Classic Rock" albums would sound like? If Freebird is a secret jam of yours I imagine you'd enjoy this.

Out of the Cool certainly is, but doesn't quite reach the level of near-perfection I experience with Gil Evan's "Individualism of". However, I could see my thinking being completely reversed if I were a Jazz purist in a sense. Less risks were taken here, but it knows what it needs to do to be a satisfying jazz album.

I was really close to saying that Phantom Limb was extremely underrated while listening to it, as it is incredibly solid, and holds it's own against Pig Destroyer's tight near-perfect albums, but the 7-minute folk wind-down was hardly warranted, and holds the album down significantly. Why would anyone think that was necessary?

3 'n the Mornin': Part Two [Blue] was fun, but hardly had as may stand out "holy shit dude" moments I'd grown to love from All Screwed Up or Endonesia. Fun, sure, but my first couple listens didn't impress me as much as DJ Screw had in the past. Maybe I need to hear this some more, because everyone else who likes his other material seems to LOVE this. You should probably listen to this if you've heard Endonesia or All Screwed Up and wanted more, because I'm clearly retarded or something for not loving this like I feel I should.

Live in Tasmania has a lot of awesome moments, but it truly is just a poor-man's The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick. Hear this if you enjoyed that immensely, however, just know you will probably never prefer listening to the former as opposed to the latter.
>>
File: Neu Chart.jpg (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
Neu Chart.jpg
4MB, 3220x3220px
Here's the chart by the way. What do I do next?
>>
File: Neu Chart.jpg (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
Neu Chart.jpg
4MB, 3220x3220px
>>69935238
I guess I really am retarded because I forgot to post the updated one what the fuck.
>>
>>69935268
check siekiera and mu out
>>
>>69935268
Les Sculpteurs de Vinyl next, it's wacky

The last track on that Mercury Rev EP is my fav

>>69935182
>neo-psych space rock composed exclusively of layered guitar riffs with loads of distortion
literally roy montgomery's entire discography
>The Epiphany of Glenn Jones is one of my least favorite Fahey releases
wew, this has been sitting in my library for ages, and you're not exactly encouraging me to finally listen to it
>Live in Tasmania has a lot of awesome moments, but it truly is just a poor-man's The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick
Hard to beat the latter there. It's the best of Fahey, at his best.
>>
>>69935268
Birthday Party and Misfits
>>
>>69935312
>>69935350
it will be done

>>69935315
>this has been sitting in my library for ages, and you're not exactly encouraging me to finally listen to it
Its for sure one of his most interesting and you may get a kick out of it, but it certainly wasn't for me and I felt like it was far too long. I feel like it has to be a love it/hate it sort of deal.
>>
File: 1482517731983.png (387KB, 501x502px) Image search: [Google]
1482517731983.png
387KB, 501x502px
GET IN PLUG
PLUG
GET IN

>https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

GET
IN
>>
>>69932273
>Shameless
>without shame
baka desu senpai
>>
File: dead brat ok hand.png (503KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
dead brat ok hand.png
503KB, 700x560px
>>69936651
a-ha.
>>
>>69930515
I don't think I ever want a mini me running around the earth. Probably for the best

>>69931906
Definitely gonna check this out, thanks for posting

>>69932518
>lately

Also, come up with a rec yet? I'm almost done listening to Nat & Darkland's side of the tourney

>>69935182
>If you think neo-psych space rock composed exclusively of layered guitar riffs with loads of distortion sounds like your jam, I would recommend

Sounds weirdly interesting... gonna at least give this a shot.
>>
File: 40 More Albums.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
40 More Albums.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Various Artists - The Music of the Now Age (2013)
>vaporwave

The first track is great, as are the other tracks more rooted in funk and trap. They fit the vaporwave aesthetic perfectly, and they're pretty musically interesting as is. The more ambient tracks are pretty lousy. They represent vaporwave at its laziest—slowed down '80s pop tracks with nothing else added to them. They're derivative as hell, and shockingly boring. I'll always love the visual aesthetic of vaporwave, but this is no exception to my general aversion to the the music itself.

2.0+
>>
Anyone have Sondre Lerche's Faces Down? nyarla is busy, and I couldn't find it in the archives or rutracker.
>>
i do not understand the point of this thread
>>
>>69937892
It's on Soulseek if you have it. If not, I can dl it real quick and upload it to mega/send a link!

>>69937893
>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music.
>>
File: 1482760632731.jpg (75KB, 1578x672px) Image search: [Google]
1482760632731.jpg
75KB, 1578x672px
>>69937893
see >>69920725

hello friend. who are you. what kind of music do you like. etc.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 5.png (542KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 5.png
542KB, 1560x720px
OFF! - OFF! (2012)
>hardcore punk, punk rock

Making your hardcore be boring is probably one of the biggest musical sins you can commit, and these guys certainly manage to do it! I have to give it up for Keith Morris, he still sounds super energetic and full of life, but the band is so plodding and uninteresting. The riffs have no urgency or power to them at all, they just come and go without leaving any sort of impression. It's also really derivative of most early hardcore, I don't know why anyone would listen to this with a whole realm of much better, more original hardcore at their fingertips. Kinda enjoyable in a really stupid way at times, but ultimately forgettable and pointless.

0.5+
>>
>>69937948
I don't have soulseek yet. I would gladly appreciate a link. Also something to help others in the future with the archive.
>>
>>69937870
you need to get some more decent vaporshit in your life. i'd start with avoiding vaportrap, future funk, and boring loops of 80s jazz at all cost.
>>
>>69932674
>This is what le new atheist man talked about when he wrote the selfish gene.
>>
>waking up at 06:20 hungover on a wednesday when all you did was watch netflix the day before
Worst feel.
>>
>>69937993
Here ya go friend, lemme know if it works!

https://mega.nz/#F!xVQ0SSyB!Q5MO8ORKum4jrrakjGw9KA
>>
>>69930755

oh look, a "man" who has actually fallen for anti-white propaganda gets defensive over it heh
>>
>>69938086
anything specific?
>>
>>69937948
>>69937955

did i ask you ? no !
>>
>>69938225
i've been posting it a lot recently, but christtt's No Lives Matter is one of my current albums of the year. it uses a lot of looping (it'll probably be slightly too repetitive for your tastes at points), but i've never heard a vaporwave album that has had as much thought put into it. it's presentation and use of tone are commendable.
other stuff:
ECCO UNLIMITED - NHK Reminds You to Boost Your Signal pushes looping to it's limit
Quiz MVE - Internet Manifesto is good if you want something more plunderphonic
仮想夢プラザ - 一つとして is a good example of ambient vaporwave
whichever of those sounds appealing, go for it. it's a genre with a lot of shit to wade through.
>>
File: qmxpHAN.jpg (202KB, 720x636px) Image search: [Google]
qmxpHAN.jpg
202KB, 720x636px
>>69937893
listen to music a lot, post about music a little, shitpost a lot
>>69938337
this is unsolicited advice
>>
>>69938406

i will give you unsolicited music advice right now !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT2_F-1esPk
>>
>>69938225
also if you haven't heard eccojams yet do that. top priority.
>>
>>69938464
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>69938391
the christtt album looks really cool, and I'll get on all of those soon.

>>69938467
I have heard eccojams, and I like it a fair bit.
>>
>>69938718
eccojams was so good it spawned an entire genre specifically attempting to copy it.
>>
people actually like vaporwave lmao
>>
File: tourney.png (1MB, 2283x1498px) Image search: [Google]
tourney.png
1MB, 2283x1498px
Bumping with tourney results and some quick (probably shitty) reviews.

>The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy & The Lash

Not my normal style of music but this is surprisingly good! There’s a heavy Irish/Celtic influence on here, which is a huge part of the album’s personality. Plenty of Celtic instrumentation is used - banjo, accordion and even a little fiddle thrown in occasionally. It works quite well, as they use this old school style in a number of ways. There’s ballads, upbeat drinking songs and even some punkier tracks. I will say, I liked the slower songs the best (“Pair of Brown Eyes”, especially) but the drinking songs got a bit repetitive after a while. Though, they certainly grew on me after a few listens.

I feel like so much of the music I’ve heard in this style has been underwhelming so I was expecting more here. Instead, I got a really solid release, much better than anything I’ve heard in this kinda niche genre. Overall, I’m very glad I checked this out.

6.5/10

>Various Artists - Cold Heat: Heavy Funk Rarities

This is some of the tightest shit I’ve heard in a long time, my God. For a bunch of random artists I’d never heard of, there’s some fucking great material on here. I love me a good rhythm section and every single one on here is on fire, as you’d expect from a good funk group. The bass lines are infectious and the drum breaks are everything I love about this genre. Aside from that, there are some great guitar licks, trumpet sections and occasionally, fun little flute passage.

The instrumentals in particular are outstanding but the singles are also great pieces of music. There’s a nice mix between the two, which kept me entertained throughout. Singing or not, basically every song on here is fun, funky and addictively catchy. The more I explore funk, the more I love the genre.

8/10

Nat moves on to the finals!
>>
>>69938918
Trip better win
>>
>>69938918
Glad you got some enjoyment out of it, I did think it was a bit of a gamble with you but I've been listening to so much Pogues recently.

That funk record sounds good though I'm gonna check it out
>>
>>69929961
Crying of Lot 49 is a bit overrated IMO
>>
File: 1482759590946.jpg (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482759590946.jpg
21KB, 250x250px
>>69938337
maybe not... but i asked you something?!?

>>69938188
there is literally no point to the continued existence of any race
>>
File: IMG_20161217_220111.jpg (162KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161217_220111.jpg
162KB, 576x864px
haha ;)
>>
File: EPS1.png (3MB, 2306x1372px) Image search: [Google]
EPS1.png
3MB, 2306x1372px
Slowdive - Slowdive
The album art for this ep accurately describes how i feel listening to it. The first song also titled slowdive has an awesome reverb drenched guitar opening before the vocals kick in. They perfectly fit in with the instrumentals to create a swirling vortex of sound. The second and third songs titled Avalyn 1 and 2 are essentially the same song with the first one having lyrics and the second one being an extended instrumental version. It's hard to choose which version of the song i like more, but i'm a big fan how it's so muffled by the guitars that it becomes really just another part of the wall of sound.
light blue lightning bolt/5 stars
>>
>>69940607
Horrible list, who made it?
>>
File: bc1.png (2MB, 1400x988px) Image search: [Google]
bc1.png
2MB, 1400x988px
>>69940607
>The album art for this ep accurately describes how i feel listening to it.
is reverb the musical equivalent of motion blur?
>>
File: 1460092339192.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1460092339192.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
>>69940682
This horrible list is just some eps from bands that i already like plus a few extra. I've really enjoyed the first two that i listened to so i'm excited to hear the rest of them. Where's your horrible list of what your gonna listen to next?

>>69940830
Well it looks like your being sucked into a kind of whirl pool and listening to the ep sucked me into a state of bliss and eroded any outside thoughts. The best music in my opinion allows me to forget anything that is going on in the outside world and completely immerses me in the sound. Also that when you drink water meme is probably one of my favorite pictures.
>>
>>69935457
Hey could you upload the tourney drone chart? I was absent those days so I missed it.
>>
>>69938974
thanks doge
>>69938918
hey nat ready to get fucked
>>
>>69919637
>Korn
>Good

This is your friendly reminder that normies took over /mu/, and that garbage like that gets circulated throughout.
>>
>>69931167
1/10 garbage. Could be made more shit, but literally zero effort was put even into delivering the most objectively terrible product possible. A rare case where the album would be better if it was actually willing to take that last step and descend into the realm of utter garbage.

Now it's just unfunny, unimaginative, and many other un-things that I cannot bother to list. Please kill yourself anon.

>>69931222
Nothing wrong with the genres themselves. The anon just did them badly, and not even entertainingly badly.
>>
>>69937955
>2016
>liking music
>>
>>69941374
>Review with zero musical substance anywhere to be seen
Were you reviewing a photo album or something? Or a stamp collection?

:^) instantly disregarded but thnx for wasting precious moments of your life listening to something you didn't enjoy!
>>
>>69941418
>Album with zero musical substance anywhere to be heard
>Expects people to comment on the musical substance.

So, it was just trolling after all.
>>
>>69941500
>So, it was just trolling after all.
You wouldn't say that to Stockhausen!
>>
File: 1470790975265.jpg (171KB, 680x697px) Image search: [Google]
1470790975265.jpg
171KB, 680x697px
>>69941346
this is further cementing the fact that nu-metal is the ideal hipster repellant.
>>
>>69941525
Works on anyone who hasn't done ecstacy daily for 20+ years desu.
>>
>>69941500
lmao
>>
>>69926835
just 2010's
>>
>>69941346
Nu-Metal is essential normie and hipster repellant.
>>
Hey /daily/!

Back from Finland. Did I miss any good memes?
>>
>>69941759
>>69941525
>plebes defending their shit tastes by acknowledging that no one actually likes it

lel
>>
>>69941840
>Did I miss any good memes?
you're just in time for my new album!
>>69931167

also chairs.
>>
File: 1474487955698.png (185KB, 401x374px) Image search: [Google]
1474487955698.png
185KB, 401x374px
>>69941907
>implying hipsters count as people
>>
>>69941911
Yup, just bought it!
>>
>>69941938
>posting worst gem
>>
>>69941969
o g-geez I h-hope you like it ;-;
>>
>>69941969
Turns out even though I triple checked everything I still fucked up some tags. Track 10 should be "Bone II." and not "Blood II."

Don't want your tags to be all messed up :0
>>
>>69942083
Corrected!
>>
File: 476Jewander_DP_anime.png (77KB, 687x754px) Image search: [Google]
476Jewander_DP_anime.png
77KB, 687x754px
>>69941972
>not liking voluminous noses
>not liking T H I N N
porl is about most of what made me want to watch SU desu
>>
>>69914542
if you don't like the drone tracks on nonholomorphic check out Annulus - t-Projection
>>
>>69941840
You missed my tourney, need a rec from u
>>
File: Front.jpg (47KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
47KB, 700x700px
death post

this is great
the only flaw is the placement of the album title
should be at the bottom imo
>>
>>69940607
>Morningrise
>Fuck Yr Emotional Bullshit
>You Made Me Realise
>Uneven Compromise
hoooooo boii you're in for some good stuff
>>
File: 1482926055889.jpg (87KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482926055889.jpg
87KB, 700x700px
>>69942530
Fixed it for you
>>69942544
Yeah im pretty excited about the other slowdive eps and i've heard nothing but praise for the other ones you mentioned.
>>
>>69942594
but the band name already was on the bottom!
>>
Babysitting my niece of a year and a half is really easy. I just give her an iPad and she can sit and watch YouTube videos for hours. Also some of these videos have like billions of views, fucking crazy. I should start making videos for kids.
>>
>>69942594
ehh, Holding Our Breath a shit, but Morningrise is straight fucking fire
>>69942530
>>69942594
>>69942612
geg
>>
>>69941969
>>69941981
Can we finally agree that tripfags using /mu/ as their social club is the cancer killing the board?
>>
>>69942857
sure. but i don't think we agree on whether /mu/ is the good guy
>>
>>69942857
The fuck are you talking about killing /mu/ its been dead for years.

>>69942657
Yeah only drawback of using the autoplay as a nanny is that half the super popular kids channels on youtube are weird and disturbing as hell and not something you'd want your kid to watch a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTtxE3ko5M
>>
>>69942657
You're an awful babysitter tho
>>
>>69938508
i swear you save like everything i post

>>69941668
hmm lemme think
>>
File: 1816474.jpg (21KB, 300x293px) Image search: [Google]
1816474.jpg
21KB, 300x293px
Pretty goddamn good album coming through
Kokezaru suite by K. Miho & Jazz Eleven
Groovy nippon jazz fusion with trad instruments, falsetto wailings and fuzz guitar injected here and there, it get's chaotic at times but never very much so. First three tracks are especially quality.
>>
>>69941668
i'll try sth different
Ought - More Than Any Other Day
>>
>>69942417
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/syzygys/complete_studio_recordings/
>>
the purgatory continues here
>>69944366
>>69944366
>>69944366
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.